Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: KeeperFX Unofficial - continued development - alpha builds

Troll

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - Alpha 1948

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    I've uploaded a new version: Alpha 1948.

What's new: Apparently when playing r1946 when there was a new moon out, the game would crash straight back to desktop on startup. This is now fixed.
    It crashed today (New Moon) when I had RESIVE_MOVIES on.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamP View Post
    It crashed today (New Moon) when I had RESIZE_MOVIES on.
    I assume you mean on 1946, not on 1948.
    And yes, the crash was introduced because the moon video could not be resized, and there was no new moon out when I tested it.

Troll

I assume you mean on 1946, not on 1948.
    Yes, I meant on 1946. It seems to work fine on 1948.

Default KeeperFX Unofficial - Alpha 1953

I've uploaded a new version: Alpha 1953.

What's new:

• Enemy Keepers will no longer keep CTA enabled forever. This is an important change and feedback is much appreciated.
    • Level 10: Nevergrim made easier. This to put it more in line with the original game. Blue will not build as many imps, not get a bridge right away so will attack later.
    • Improved performance of logging. Might provide a small benefit to the regular game, but for the heavylog version it's the difference between 'unplayable' and 'perfect'.
    • Fixed the SET_MUSIC level script command. Mapmakers may use this at the start of a level to determine which music track will play on the level.
    • Reduced the volume and frequency of the atmospheric sounds. If you disabled them before, please re-enable them in your keeperfx.cfg and tell me if this way you do like them. And the people who did like them already, speak up as well.

Special thanks to Trotim who provided the fix to the heavylog version, and AdamP who provided the fix for the SET_MUSIC command.
    Last edited by YourMaster; November 8th, 2019 at 00:39.

Troll

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - Alpha 1953

[*] Fixed the SET_MUSIC level script command. Mapmakers may use this at the start of a level to determine which music track will play on the level.
    You can use SET_MUSIC(DRAWFROM(3,4,5,6)) to randomise the music (2 is the level map music and 7 is the credits music). Also, values greater than 7 will cause the game to crash to desktop. SET_MUSIC(8) made the game crash for me even after putting a keeper08.ogg in the music folder.

Default KeeperFX Unofficial - Alpha 1968

I've uploaded a new version: Alpha 1968.

What's new:

• Increase range and blow of WoP trap
    • Open/Delete messages (Objectives, Information, Warnings, etc) with keyboard shortcuts:
      - Press 'E' to delete any open information/warning message or close an open objective
      - Press 'E' to open the newest message you have if there's nothing else open
      - Added the option to change this from E to something else in the 'Define keys' options menu. (In all languages, translations required!)
      - Press Shift+[Fight] (default F) to open/close the battle menu. (If available)
    • Use left-Ctrl + mouse wheel to scroll messages
    • Scrolling messages, with wheel or buttons faster then before
    • Some text changes on define keys screen
    • The volume and occurrence rate of the Atmospheric sounds is now configurable through keeperfx.cfg
      - Default: ATMOS_VOLUME=MEDIUM ATMOS_FREQUENCY=MEDIUM
      - LOW and HIGH are other possible values
    • Number of music tracks that can be played with SET_MUSIC script command now configurable through keeperfx.cfg.
      - Default: MUSIC_TRACKS=7
      - Can be set to 50 max
    • Game no longer crashes when a mapmaker uses the SET_MUSIC script command to set an out of range music track
    • Fixed a bug introduced in the previous alpha that caused the log file to now be created when the application crashes (Trotim)
    • Fixed a bug where spell cooldowns would not work causing spells to fire multiple times in a row (Trotim)
    • Hero-parties looking to destroy rooms will no longer try to destroy bridges (Trotim)
    • Re-implemented the -dbgpathfind command line option (Trotim)
    • Code cleanup, with no expected gameplay changes (StanleySweet)
    • Updated sound.dat with better quality atmospheric sounds, with equalized volume(sounds provided by AdamP)

The change to the Word of Power trap is very impactful. People complained the WoP trap was useless, but increasing the damage would have a detrimental effect by killing high level imps in a single shot. Therefore it now serves an entirely new purpose: you can use the trap to blow enemies into other traps or situations. For example, blow units over a guardpost into a lava trap for a deadly trap. I would love some feedback on this.

This package comes with the new sound.dat included, if you skip this alpha to download a future one, download it directly here.
    It also comes with a new keeperfx.cfg, so you've got to redo your settings afterwards. Future versions will have the keeperfx.cfg renamed to prevent this.

Naturally thanks again to the people who participated.
    Last edited by YourMaster; May 1st, 2020 at 00:33.

Default KeeperFX Unofficial - Alpha 1971

I've uploaded a new version: Alpha 1971.

What's new:

• In the last Alpha a bug was introduced with spell cooldowns, this is now fixed.
    • A few Alpha's ago new possession controls where introduced, but the keys were also bugged, now changed/fixed
      - In Possession press the Query key (default Q) to go a page down
      - In Possession press the Message key (default E) to go a page up
      - Changing either of those to be default 'Shift' will still cause you to skip pages(not what you want)
    • In fxdata\magic.cfg you can now configure which sounds are played when you use a keeper power.
      - Look for the SoundPlayed line at the [powers]
      - The numbers you use can be found by opening the sound.dat file with dksound.
    • The cave-in keeper power now has a sound by default

Thanks to Trotim for quickly fixing his bug, and AdamP who provided most of the code for the configurable sounds.

Also, this package no longer includes a sound.dat which was changed in a previous alpha, so if you still want it, download it here. And the keeperfx.cfg has been included as _keeperfx.cfg so you don't lose your settings.

If you download and play an alpha, I would really appreciate it if you'd post here to let me know.
    Last edited by YourMaster; May 1st, 2020 at 00:33.

Default KeeperFX Unofficial - Alpha 1973

I've uploaded a new version: Alpha 1973.

What's new:

• In the last Alpha a recent bug with spell cooldowns was fixed, but the fix didn't fully work. Hopefully it does now.
    • Which Atmospheric sounds are played is now configurable through keeperfx.cfg. Check the included '_keeperfx.cfg' on how to do so.

Thanks to Trotim for persisting in fixing his bug, and AdamP who had a big hand in the configurable atmospheric sounds.

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - Alpha 1973

I've uploaded a new version: Alpha 1977.

What's new:

• A slight increase in research time of the hand powers. On the majority of maps that means no change. On some rare maps where you've got to research the ability to slap or pick up, it now takes a few seconds to research, instead of being done instantly.
    • Fixed creatures with critical health being affected by Call to Arms. Before this fix if units returned to the lair/hatchery during CTA they would refuse to eat/sleep and would die from hunger. Now they will actually eat and sleep.
    • Implemented a fear system:
      - Creatures have a FearStronger property that decides when they run away from creatures that do x time more melee damage and have more health then they do. (Having allies helps, the enemy having allies makes it worse)
      - Creatures have a FearsomeFactor property that makes the unit appear to do X times as much melee damage when doing fear calculations. Compensates for units with useful spells and abilities to offset their low health and melee damage. (E.g. Spellcasters)
      - The old FearStronger calculation would do a 'luck role' which doubles damage and thus fear factor. My calculation averages out the chance for double damage instead.
      - Removed all traces of the KeeperFX 'official' fear-no-flee factor.

The fear system is a big change, and I would love to hear feedback about this. In the first version of KeeperFX Unofficial I removed the KeeperFX fear system because it had a nonsensical toggle and made spell casters too afraid to even fight. However, some people still longed for a system where units would not run into their death on the other side of the map. (like flies or hell hounds). That's in now in. I had to said initial values for each creature, but it's possible that some units are to scared or too fearsome. So let me know if you run into this and I can tweak the values.
    The CTA change is also scary, if units misbehave during CTA be sure to let me know. Better yet, make a save of it and share it.

On an unrelated not, I created a wiki page to show new KeeperFX controls: https://github.com/Loobinex/keeperfx...-Game-Commands
    Last edited by YourMaster; December 15th, 2019 at 13:52.

Default KeeperFX Unofficial - Alpha 1986

I've uploaded a new version: Alpha 1986.

What's new:

• New level script command: LEVEL_UP_CREATURE. Allows the mapmaker to increase the level of specific units on the map.
      - Works like this: LEVEL_UP_CREATURE[player],​[creature],​[criterion],​[levels]
    • New level script command: CHANGE_CREATURE_OWNER. Allows the mapmaker to change the owner of specific units on the map.
      - Works like this: CHANGE_CREATURE_OWNER[player_from],​[creature],​[criterion],​[player_to]
    • Added additional criteria that work on the two new script commands as well as the KILL_CREATURE command: ON_ENEMY_GROUND(this one was already documented, but never worked), ON_FRIENDLY_GROUND, ANYWHERE.
    • Made imps try to dig out fog of war.
      - This allows you to have imps explore the map by simply highlighting tiles. You need to highlight the tiles right next to explored ground for this to work.
    • Small tweak to Call_to_Arms behavior during flee
    • Some code-changes that should have no gameplay effect.

Here is a wiki page with KeeperFX introduced script commands: https://github.com/Loobinex/keeperfx...cript-Commands

I've uploaded a new version: Alpha 1993.

What's new:

• Computer players will now cast 'Disease' in combat.
    • Computer players will now cast 'Chicken' in combat.
    • Computer players will now cast 'Heal' in combat.
      - They randomly use overcharge levels 5-8. If they always used 8 it would be too good.
    • Computer players will now cast 'Protect' in combat.
      - They'll only do so once they are done casting 'speed'.
    • Computer players will now cast 'Conceal' on their imps.
      - They'll do it only when imps are caught in battle, and even then, quite rarely.
    • Computer players will now cast 'Destroy Walls'.
      - They'll only do so when they hit a wall when trying to attack you, if they have money to spare AND access to the spell.
    • It's now possible to configure a 'cinematic' as an intro movie for a campaign.
      - Do so by editing the campaign config. The option was there before, it just didn't do anything.
    Last edited by YourMaster; December 27th, 2019 at 00:03.