Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Thread: KeeperFX Unofficial - continued development - alpha builds

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - Alpha 2014

Quote Originally Posted by shortmicky View Post
    Aah, issue solved thanks. I?d used my own magic.cfg.
    Usually I check for new lines but missed these.

Whilst I’m here. Once upon a time you could use the num pad to select moves whilst in first person. Do you think this option may ever been readded?
    Good.

Now, what's different for you in possession? Did it used to be possible to use the numpad number keys to select spells?
    Edit, I checked 0.45 and don't see any difference. Could you be more specific as to what you want?
    Last edited by YourMaster; January 28th, 2020 at 19:27.

Mapmaker

I use the original key definitions, but I think it was one of the nightly buiilds from years ago, where the numpad keys select moves, rather than having to use the number across the top of the keyboard. Maybe I’m the only one who misses it.
    When using one hand to move the creature with the arrow keys whilst the other’s on the mouse, the numpad keys were obv closer to the arrow keys making it easier to possess s creature a select the moves without having to constantly jump around the keyboard.
    if it’s too much to have both the numpad and number keys do the same function, no worries, just wondered.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    Good.

Now, what's different for you in possession? Did it used to be possible to use the numpad number keys to select spells?
    Edit, I checked 0.45 and don't see any difference. Could you be more specific as to what you want?

I didn't know that. If you have any idea which nightly that is, I'm willing to have a look. But that doesn't work in recent nightlies,.... so it must have been introduced and later removed again.

That being said, in KeeperFX Unofficial I moved the default keys around a bit (delete your settings.dat to get the new defaults) and you now have WASD keys for movement, and obviously the number keys are close to that. Shift, Ctrl, Q, E and F are now also important keys, so it's a whole package. And 1-5 already determined the menu.

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - continued development - alpha builds

I think you can use Machine Learning AI to increase resolution of all game videos.

Look at this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6aEQlq8UQI

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - continued development - alpha builds

Feel free to try. The GFX Source data is here: https://lubiki.keeperklan.com/html/d...erfx_devel.php. Download it, and see if you can get it prettier.

Mapmaker

I play left handed, having the movement keys so close to the mouse feels weird.
    I can't find which nightly it was. it possibly could have been an accidental creation to have both sets of keys work with move selection.
    I appreciate all the work you've done in this game, and like the improvements you've made with the alphas builds, though I'll continue to change the key defines back to the arrows to move

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    I didn't know that. If you have any idea which nightly that is, I'm willing to have a look. But that doesn't work in recent nightlies,.... so it must have been introduced and later removed again.

That being said, in KeeperFX Unofficial I moved the default keys around a bit (delete your settings.dat to get the new defaults) and you now have WASD keys for movement, and obviously the number keys are close to that. Shift, Ctrl, Q, E and F are now also important keys, so it's a whole package. And 1-5 already determined the menu.

You're free to change the WASD keys to whatever you like, but changing them to the arrow keys is silly. Because I hard coded the Arrow keys for movement, this means by default you have BOTH the WASD and the arrow keys for this, so no need to change that if you want to use the arrows.

I have to say I never considered lefty's, but why didn't you rebind the W to the P instead (and all the other keys along with it)? The problem with the arrow keys is that it's so far away from all the other keys that are important, like shift, alt, ctrl and all the letters to zoom to rooms and creatures. Somebody should make a proper rebind and share a lefty-settings file that works well.

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - Alpha 2034

I've uploaded a new version: Alpha 2034.

What's new:

• Made creatures with boosted health less scary.
    • Aligned placement of things like traps and dungeon hearts on the parchment map and zoom-box (not minimap)
    • Improvement of 320x200 screen resolution. (AdamP)
    • Several improvements to the Word of Power creature ability
      - It now pushes creatures that die from the spell like it does other creatures
      - It now damages enemy dungeon hearts
      - It now damages doors
      - It now does damage when cast by flying creatures
      - It now takes it's damage value from 'SHOT_WORD_OF_POWER' instead of 'SHOT_TRAP_WORD_OF_POWER'
      - Reverted the commit that stopped flying creatures from casting it
    • Melee units now cast self preservation spells(rebound, invisibility, etc) from range.
    • Rewritten the check_players_won, no gameplay changes (Trass3r)

Quote Originally Posted by shortmicky View Post
    I use the original key definitions, but I think it was one of the nightly buiilds from years ago, where the numpad keys select moves, rather than having to use the number across the top of the keyboard. Maybe I’m the only one who misses it.
    When using one hand to move the creature with the arrow keys whilst the other’s on the mouse, the numpad keys were obv closer to the arrow keys making it easier to possess s creature a select the moves without having to constantly jump around the keyboard.
    if it’s too much to have both the numpad and number keys do the same function, no worries, just wondered.
    I don't think it was ever in there, but you're in luck, I made it for you. In r2035 so you've got to wait for the next package I share online. It was more difficult than I thought it would, I wanted to use the code already there for the num keys, but apparently that relies on the fact that the numbers have consecutive key-codes for bullfrog. Here is the numpad keys. They want you to put the 'one-key' top left and sorta continue from there. So I just put in each code manually.
    Last edited by YourMaster; February 16th, 2020 at 00:39.

Hello, thanks for another version upgrade :-) I have to say that deeper Dungeons level Belbata, or the 4th level, is a piss of for the too many things problem. If you place some boulder traps, if the enemy activate them, the boulder simply disappear doing nothing to the enemy :-(. It is possible to raise the number of "triangles" or "objects" that are in a map again, or it is already too big? Tell me if you wanted my savegames to test it :-)
    Thank you for your great effort.

Yes, I'd love to see a saved game of your problem. Sounds like the 'thing limit' though. The triangle limit had to do with pathfinding, it crashed the game after units stopped finding their way, and that is fixed. The thing limit should only happen when there's lots and lots of things on the map.

EDIT: I looked at the saved game you sent through PM, and yes, a very clear case of thing limit. And there's nothing to be done against situations like this, there are 3 enemies with large dungeons, and you build an absolutely massive dungeon with countless traps, trap boxes, gold piles as well. The entire map is filled, the game simply can't handle that much. At some point I'll hope to get the AI to at least sell his traps/doors he isn't using, in the mean time you should do the same. Smaller treasure room, smaller workshop, no excess traps.
    Last edited by YourMaster; February 17th, 2020 at 01:31.