Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - continued development - alpha builds

Here is a save file

fx1g0000.zip

Troll

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Here is a save file

fx1g0000.zip
    Doesn't load for me. It just kicks me back to the main menu.

Yes, download again the pack and reinstall it, goes now perfect with the doors :-) Thx master!
    Another question, in a walkthrough guide online about the levels of deeper dungeons, there is written something about the thieves that once transformed in cavaliers, then with a resurrection special there was a thief again that one could resurrect to obtain more than one cavaliers. I see that this is not happening in keeperfx, it was thought so like a bug fix, isn't it?
    Last edited by Simone Marcolla; February 26th, 2020 at 20:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Here is a save file

fx1g0000.zip
    Thanks, there really seems to be something wrong with the installation. Could you please confirm you had KeeperFX 0.4.7 installed before you updated to the alpha?
    And could you please redownload the Alpha, and extract the entire file, so including the fxdata folder, to your game file and overwrite all files. That should fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Simone Marcolla View Post
    Yes, download again the pack and reinstall it, goes now perfect with the doors :-) Thx master!
    Glad to hear it. Happy keeping.

Imp

I can confirm that i had KeeperFX 0.4.7 installed.
    Just re-downloaded it, and it still won't attack the doors.

Edwin it is strange, for me was the same, but reinstall the files of the latest alpha solved me the problem, try again to decompress the 2040 alpha version files in the DK folder overwriting any existing file, it must solve your problem too. I dont't know if you read through the last posts, there was a problem in the first upload of the 2040 alpha package ... so after an hour the problem was solved. I hope that doing it another time would solve the problem for you too.

Could you open your fxdata\creature.cfg (with notepad or something) and tell me the version number of this file. Then scroll down to [instance1], and tell me what is says at properties?

Could you then from the Deeper Dungeons, start the level Morkardar (top one) fresh. Dig straight east from the dungeon heart to the portal, and try to break the door down over there. (If you use imps, let them reinforce first, before they start to attack the door). If they refuse to, make a new save. And share that with me, along with the keeperfx.log file.

Thanks.

Imp

I have found the problem why it didn't work.
    It was the [instance1], properties part of the creature.cfg. I used a custom one, changed the properties and it works now.

ok, good. That's why I said several times to update the configs as well. If you don't use the updated configs, you'll run into more issues. For example that Wizards and Warlocks will attack doors with melee attacks.

Default KeeperFX Unofficial - Alpha 2042

I've uploaded a new version: Alpha 2042.

What's new:

• Shots from creature spells now take the properties from the magic.cfg file
    • Shots now take the sounds they make from the magic.cfg file (thanks Adam)
    • Updated Russian Atlas/landview sounds (Thanks Quuz)

If you update to this version without using the new magic.cfg file, your creature spells will not work anymore

Just like the previous release, this version should play very much the same, but has some major changes at the back-end. Where at first it was hardcoded how creature spells worked, it now all comes from config files. My goal is for there to be no changes unless you make changes in your configs, but if that's not the case, be sure to let me know.

This update allows you to mod your game to the fullest. Heat-seeking fireballs? Dig massive caverns with the wind spell? Hit units with the imp-pickaxe? Slapping grenades out of the skies? Have allies follow you around after you hit them with your sword? All as easy as setting a property in the config.
    Here's the list of properties:
    Code:
    ; BOULDER - Will explode without harming units immune to boulder.
    ; DIGGING - Damages earth and walls.
    ; GROUP_UP - Causes friendly creatures hit to group up with the caster.
    ; LIFE_DRAIN - Gives caster 50% of damage dealt by ranged shot.
    ; NAVIGABLE - Flies towards target.
    ; NO_HIT - Cannot hit the target.
    ; NO_STUN - Will kill units even with imprisonment on.
    ; REBOUND_IMMUNE - Will pass through Rebound spell.
    ; SLAPPABLE - Can be slapped.
    ; STRENGTH_BASED - Damage calculated from creature strength.
    The updated Russian landview sounds I will only include it in this alpha, because of the size, and if nobody complains, in the next full release. If you are from the future, and want to use the game in russian, please update to this alpha first before you update further, or download the speeches manually.

Like always, I would love to hear feedback. Also when you play it and nothing goes wrong.