Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread: KeeperFX Unofficial - continued development - alpha builds

Troll

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - Alpha 1928

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    I've uploaded a new version: Alpha 1928.

With KeeperFX Unofficial 0.4.7 released, all new alpha's assume you've at least updated to build 1913. Thanks everybody for the feedback so far, most of the changes from this topic made it in.

What's new: (compared to the 0.4.7 release)

• Fixed the bug where trap/door icons kept flashing after deselecting (Thanks AdamP)
    • Pressing Alt+Tab no longer closes the sidebar. Toggling sidebar requires Ctrl+Tab now.
    • It's now possible to scroll through the pages of the 'Query' menu shown in possession with the 'Query' button. (Default Q, can be modified in settings menu)
    • Your screen now turns blue when you're frozen while in possession, like in the original game.
    • Computer players slapping units will no longer ignore the ones that have the speed spell. This makes training them even faster.
    • You can now use the mouse wheel in all menus you can scroll: Campaign select, Level select, Load game, Transfer creature, Resurrect creature.
    • You can use Shift+Scroll to navigate the creature menu
    I tried this version (yes, I installed 0.4.7 first), but it looks to me as if you've actually gone back to an earlier version. None of this worked for me (well, I didn't check the computer slapping bit), and features introduced before 0.4.7 (the atmos sounds) no longer worked.
    Last edited by AdamP; October 3rd, 2019 at 02:52.

Sorry, yes, it was built incorrectly. Could you re-download it, it should work now.

Troll

Sorry, yes, it was built incorrectly. Could you re-download it, it should work now.
    Nope, still doesn't work .

Default KeeperFX Unofficial - Alpha 1931

Thanks. I edited the link, it seems the server cached it.

I've uploaded a new version: Alpha 1931.

What's new:

• Fixed a bug introduced in the last alpha where arrow keys would scroll the creature list
    • Fully changed the controls in possession:
      - Use the mouse wheel to scroll query pages (see other spells and creatures stats like health points)
      - Also use the 'Query'(default Q) and 'Possession'(default Shift) to scroll the query pages. These keys can be configured in the settings menu.
      - The second query page will be skipped/hidden if it's completely empty.
      - The number keys can will still always take you to the correct page, now also if it's an inactive spell

I've uploaded a new version: Alpha 1935.

What's new:

• Fixed a bug in level Benetzaron that caused all heroes to spawn a second time
    • Removed a faulty objective in level Caddis Fell
    • Introduced 'Snap to angle' feature with middle mouse button
      - Press Middle mouse button to snap the camera straight North
      - When already facing north, middle mouse button snaps the camera south. When facing straight west, it snaps east. When facing straight east, snaps west.
      - When holding the 'Rotate' key, which is 'Ctrl' by default, middle mouse rotates the camera the closest 45 degree angle in clockwise direction. When holding shift, in counter clockwise direction.
      - Also works in 'straight view' but only in 90 degree angles.
    Last edited by YourMaster; October 12th, 2019 at 19:47. Reason: Uploaded Alpha 1935

Default KeeperFX Unofficial - Alpha 1942

I've uploaded a new version: Alpha 1942.

What's new:

• Introduced new speech messages for when a resurrect or transfer creature special are used
    • When multiple knights are spawned(happens only on user made maps) there now is a delay to prevent the 'lord of the land approaching' message being spammed
    • Mouse scroll and arrow keys can now be used to scroll the 'define keys' menu
    • Fixed a bug that caused computer players to always build stupid dungeons
    • Now that Computer players (somewhat) follow a dungeon design, tweaked the design for efficiency.
    • Computer players now prefer placing stronger doors over weaker ones, instead of the other way around.
    • Computer players will now build smaller graveyards (12 instead of 20 tiles) to save money and space.

Screenshot of blue keepers new dungeon in 19: Mistle

Default KeeperFX Unofficial - Alpha 1946

I've uploaded a new version: Alpha 1946.

What's new:

• Computer player now smarter when placing doors. He can now place doors when there's just 1 empty tile between rooms, and at the end of his dungeon.
    • Made a setting that doubles the size of movies, allowing for them to be played in full screen.
    • Added the setting 'RESIZE_MOVIES=ON' to keeperfx.cfg, disable this to go back to the original movies.

In this alpha I included the new keeperfx.cfg, so it might be needed to configure your language/resolution settings again. For that reason I will not include it in future alpha builds. If you are from the future, and update to a newer alpha directly (skipping this one) just add the line 'RESIZE_MOVIES=ON' to the keeperfx\keeperfx.cfg file.
    To make sure that your movies are played in full screen, make sure the 'movies' resolution in your keeperfx.cfg is configured to 640x480x32.

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - Alpha 1946

There hasn't been a lot of forum activity (because of lurkers like me) so I just wanted to say I appreciate all these updates, I've been having fun with them!

That's good to hear, thanks.
    It's why I share the alpha's, to get some feedback, which changes people like and dislike, and if everything works properly or if I happen to introduce some game breaking bugs.

But, truth be told, it's extra quit here because a lot of activity happens on the discord now.

Troll

But, truth be told, it's extra quit here because a lot of activity happens on the discord now.
    I've noticed that I tend to get more immediate responses when I post on the Discord than here.

Default KeeperFX Unofficial - Alpha 1948

I've uploaded a new version: Alpha 1948.

What's new: Apparently when playing r1946 when there was a new moon out, the game would crash straight back to desktop on startup. This is now fixed.
    Last edited by YourMaster; October 28th, 2019 at 21:44.