Thread: Conquest of the Arctic moon level - how to solve?

Default Conquest of the Arctic moon level - how to solve?

A while ago I played the Conquest of the Arctic campaign. While it was overall ok I still have no clue how to solve the moon level.

There are three enemy keepers which can be rather easily defeated. But that´s not the winning condition. This is the destruction of the hero dungeon heart. This is however walled off and not reachable.

There is also a walled-off room with a hero Avatar and neutral vampires. And another one with some boxes.

Some spell books are there, but can´t be used due to lack of a library.

So, any idea how to win this? I tried to attack with the drain spell or meteor of my Avatar in possession mode through the rift of the corner of the walled-off dungeon heart room. Of course no success.

Maybe someone has solved this level.

Default Re: Conquest of the Arctic moon level - how to solve?

I never played this level before, I just looked into it for you.

I think the intended way to win this, is to get the vampires to join you by showing yourself through the corner of the wall. Than use the wind spell from the vampires to blow an avatar and a supporting creature towards the white hearth. However, not too long ago it was fixed in KeeperFX that you can no longer claim neutral creatures through walls, so I think that makes this level unwinnable.

Alright. So we got again a situation where a fix of an original glitch makes a level not winnable...
    This brings me to another idea I wanted to suggest anyway. Would it be possible to implement a setting in the launcher that activates and de-activates original bugs and glitches like this by the user? I understand that some players want to have these fixed, but as some levels make use of exploits like that it would be for some others(like me) desirable to have the option to revert original exploits.
    BTW I used 0.4.5 and in this version claiming through the corner seems to be already impossible.

Well, it's already there. There's a classic bug mode, not through the launcher but through the config files. Ancient Keeper has all the classic bugs enabled for example.
    Whenever bugs were fixed that were needed for some levels, they were added as an option to classic bug mode. That was not done for this bug, because neither Mefisto nor I knew about this level. (And it's my best guess by the way, that this is the intended solution for the level, perhaps I'm missing the proper solution).

If you want to enable classic bugs, you can by adding them to the 'PreserveClassicBugs' variable in your rules.cfg

Alright. Tested with 0.4.4 and was able to solve the level as the vampires were claimed.

I keep that in mind for other gameplays.

ok, let me know if other maps are affected. I raised an issue: https://github.com/dkfans/keeperfx/issues/788

Troll

It should still be possible to claim the Vampires by speeding an Imp up and going through a corner in the wall.