Thread: Yceglayze Mountain

Default Yceglayze Mountain

Download it here!

Yceglayze Mountain

Difficulty rating: Hard

In the shadow of the Yceglayze Mountain, the savage northern tribes are banding together under the leadership of a Keeper by the name of Uthen. Uthen intends to invade the south and the regional Heroes’ fortress with an army of hardened barbarians. Though you may find their magical knowledge and workshop technology, rightfully, laughably primitive, do not underestimate their massive numbers.

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Post Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Warlock

Default Re: Yceglayze Mountain

Getting an "admin error" message on accessing downloads.

Yeah, we're still waiting for Rex to show up and approve the upload before we can download it.

The map should be accessible now.

Download it here!

Download it here!

I've played it, and really enjoyed it. Thank you!
    I played it in KeeperFX Unofficial, and to my relief I did not experience the pathfinding bug.

I don't think the map is that difficult by the way,... the first attempt I died because I accidentally breached the water and my singly fly could not kill the low level fairies, but after that it was pretty straightforward. That's fine by me, I'm not really looking for difficult.
    It's quite intimidating at first, not knowing where to go, but this map is beautifully crafted so you have no choice but ending up in the right direction.

Right at the end, I also had to reload my saved game. I was at the white hearth room, when suddenly blue breached near the gems I'd gotten and his army was surprisingly strong and it killed me outright. On the rematch I managed to win quite convincingly when I killed the blue fairies with my spells, and I quickly pushed to the blue heart. I used the prison from blue to convert some remaining heroes to my side, placed some traps and managed to kill white. So only after I had won the map did I gain access to the reaper and the additional portal.

Afterwards, I looked at your script and noticed you wanted my to get an increased creature limit on a second portal, but did not consider I would claim the blue portal first. Instead of linking it to an action point, you could link this increase to the amount of portal-tiles I own. Also, I don't know if you had if-statements left, but on claiming the prison I did not get access to build my own.
    The second objective message won't show up, because you used a duplicate number.
    And finally, the tutorial flash button command doesn't require a 'player', but instead how many gameturns the button is flashed, this is wrong in the scripters guide.
    Last edited by YourMaster; March 5th, 2018 at 21:46. Reason: seconds->gameturns

Glad to hear you enjoyed it! The main difficulty for me in designing these kinds of maps is balancing the strength of the enemy Keeper just right. With a central point I want the enemy Keeper to be aggressive, although during my playtests in practice it varies. Sometimes he only knocks down the first few doors, at other times he actually manages to invade deep into the Heroes’ fortress. But generally it can be said if one delays too long with attacking the Heroes, the enemy Keeper will be tough (though by no means impossible) to beat and displace beyond the lava part.

I did not actually intend for the Player to get the Prison. But considering I placed this room in the first place, I probably should not object to the valid strategy of using it!

Your other notes about the script are good ones. I’ll see if I can make these adjustments.
    Last edited by Duke Ragereaver; March 5th, 2018 at 18:50.

Download it here!

Download it here!

Yeah, that's very, very difficult. For my play through he was perfect, it was a brilliant strategy to attack me right when I was fighting the Lord-party. And even on reload, when I waited a bit with attacking white, his balance was perfect. I don't know if you got lucky, or are just that good. In any case, a real masterpiece.
    There's an added difficulty to this of course that it depends on what version of the game people are using, I believe you balance your maps to the original game, and I played in FX where keepers are a lot stronger. When I faced blue he had all his units trained to lvl10, and had a long corridor through his hard with so many lightning traps that it killed my lvl10 bile demons. But with a pre-made dungeon the variance is limited.

And I got the prison to late in the game for it to make much of a difference, it was mostly cosmetic that I gained access to all the rooms I claimed except that one.

I really enjoy how much Keepers have improved in KeeperFX at the end by the way. I'm currently replaying New Game+ I included in KeeperFX unofficial, and had a touch time winning 7.Wishvale and even lost on 13.Buffy Oak. The original levels were clearly designed with a good keeper-ai in mind that never came.

Warlock

Just completed the map.

How I did it?

1) Moving as fast as I can to isolate the Blues via claiming as much of the Hero base as possible first.
    2) Do not attack the Hero Heart.
    3) Create as many as possible and use them to whittle down the enemy army.
    4) Once the Blues are destroyed, THEN take out the Hero heart.

I have uploaded a new version with some very minor script adjustments. The most significant one is that Player 0's Creature limit increases by having > 9 tiles of a Portal, rather than having it linked to an action point.

Download it here!

Download it here!