Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Possible to revert to real original? Wondering for speedrun sake.

Default Re: Possible to revert to real original? Wondering for speedrun sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    ichimarnold, if you're just going to post again after some minutes, you can just edit your post. It's right next to the "reply with quote" button on the posts.
    ah thanks for your help metal gear rex

It would be interesting to see if the WR can be beaten. Still from 2009. I´m surprised that nobody else since then has tried to beat that, but the times from 2009 are really good. I´m interested in speedrunning, but have to admit I´m not that skilled for all these strats. As the game is mostly played in possession mode one has to be very quick, and I´m more a tactician, not a FPS player.
    The video quality is somewhat meh, but still better than some crap that recently was posted in Youtube, with the actual game just taking a quarter of the screen, dubbed music and uninentional recording microphone of a laptop screwing up the audio .
    http://speeddemosarchive.com/DungeonKeeper.html

It's not beatable but that's only because the original run is segmented, hundreds of recordings for one level. Mine will be live. So many levels are extremely unlikely to be beaten with the original strats from his vid without timing saves at the risky moments, and trust me after practicing a lot, there are a lot

The old run is really pretty sick Very hard to beat or even to reach this time. I tried a bit around with level 4, the fucking creatures wandering away from the cursor costs time .
    However IMHO a single segmented run is often better - I watched sone speedrunners live, and for me it would be really annoying to reset a game in the middle because one level happens to ruin the whole timing.
    So you want to go on Twitch?