Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Possible to revert to real original? Wondering for speedrun sake.

Default Possible to revert to real original? Wondering for speedrun sake.

Hi, I have replayed the dk1 finally thanks to keeper fx, I played 'classic campaign' but noticed some things have been changed throughout the game, and wondered if they can be reverted back to the actual original game? Examples include, thieves spawning on level 1(not in original)
    Blaise end having about 1000 enemies instead of 100 with an infinite recurring spawn at the enemy dungeon heart (gold room changed from neutral to hero owned so you can't glitch through to get the dragon and beat the level in 5 minutes) The rest of the game is pretty fast fortunately it's just blaise end that makes the speedrun inconsistent, haven't been able to beat it in under an hour and it's random as hell. Hope there's a simple config file to edit to remove the 'new changes' to the original maps. Also noticed some hidden worlds that weren't in the original game either. If anyone has some help that would be greatly appreciated, thanks for your time guys! keep slayin~

Default Re: Possible to revert to real original? Wondering for speedrun sake.

For one thing, you could play KeeperFX Unofficial, it reverted several changes - including the one on blaise end you mentioned - and there's all around more fixes included.

The levels are not exactly the same as original though, a simple way to accomplish that is to replace the files from your keeperfx/levels folder with the ones from your dungeon keeper levels folder.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    For one thing, you could play KeeperFX Unofficial, it reverted several changes - including the one on blaise end you mentioned - and there's all around more fixes included.

The levels are not exactly the same as original though, a simple way to accomplish that is to replace the files from your keeperfx/levels folder with the ones from your dungeon keeper levels folder.

Mm do you have a discord? I'm not very good at that stuff. Keeperfx has replaced my files in my dk folder original.
    My dungeon keeper is this pc > D:/ program files/gog galaxy/games/dk gold, the keeper fx is installed in there and when i installed it had to delete some .flg files from every level in the folder? Guess the keeperfx has replaced the original levels? screen shot here
    thanks

https://ibb.co/danHRx

No discord, sorry.
    Simply re download your gog version and install it somewhere else. Then you'll have a new 'Dungeon Keeper Gold\levels' folder, where all the files are which to move to your D:/ program files/gog galaxy/games/dk gold/levels folder.

Keep in mind though, that keeperfx includes many bugfixes as well, that will cause your levels to play out differently anyway. If you want to compete with KeeperFX, you can't compare your times with GOG versions no matter what you do. Best would be to run Unofficial like I posted above, and compare your times with others with the same version. Better than using a frankenstein-version.

No one is running the game on speedrun.com though? What is a frankenstein-version? 'compete with keeperfx' ? what does that mean, If i download that unofficial thing, how do i make that work?

Can't I just 1) download from gog, change folder name
    2) copy paste maps files +overwrite in current dk folder
    3) run keeperfx - go?

Can't download from gog 'alternative links' try to get it to download outside of gog galaxy, doesn't start the download. so try with gog galaxy but wont because i already have the game >< ah well forget it thanks anyway
    Last edited by Metal Gear Rex; April 24th, 2018 at 01:35. Reason: super combined post

Quote Originally Posted by ichimarnold View Post
    No one is running the game on speedrun.com though? What is a frankenstein-version? 'compete with keeperfx' ? what does that mean, If i download that unofficial thing, how do i make that work?

Can't I just 1) download from gog, change folder name
    2) copy paste maps files +overwrite in current dk folder
    3) run keeperfx - go?
    I'm sorry, I'm not really a speedrunner myself,... but I believe to point of doing speedruns is to try and set a faster time than other people. To do so, you have to play the same game as other people, and KeeperFX is not the same game as Dungeon Keeper, even with the maps restored to original.
    What I mean with frankenstein-version, is that you take bits and pieces from different games, in your case the game logic and balance from keeperfx, with maps from dungeon keeper. You'll get a working game, but it plays differently from both the original game AND keeperfx. So if you set a time on your speedrun, you can't really compare it to anybody else's.

To get KeeperFX unofficial to work, simply download it from the link above and install it like you would the old version of KeeperFX. You could either extract the files from unofficial over the gog-folder you've already got in your screenshot above, or extract the files to a new folder, and use the launcher, press the 'installation' button and point to that gog folder to get two running copies of the game.

I don't know what you're saying exactly, but if it's about how to get the original maps in your game, you can do whatever, the original maps are in the package you download from gog.com, paste them in your keeperfx levels folder to get them into keeperfx. Whatever way you do is fine. If you're still online now, and have more questions, we can use the keeperklan chat box as well.

Can't download from gog 'alternative links' try to get it to download outside of gog galaxy, doesn't start the download. so try with gog galaxy but wont because i already have the game >< ah well forget it thanks anyway
    Here: levels.zip
    Last edited by YourMaster; April 23rd, 2018 at 22:25.

sure, how do we do a chat box?

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    I'm sorry, I'm not really a speedrunner myself,... but I believe to point of doing speedruns is to try and set a faster time than other people. To do so, you have to play the same game as other people, and KeeperFX is not the same game as Dungeon Keeper, even with the maps restored to original.
    What I mean with frankenstein-version, is that you take bits and pieces from different games, in your case the game logic and balance from keeperfx, with maps from dungeon keeper. You'll get a working game, but it plays differently from both the original game AND keeperfx. So if you set a time on your speedrun, you can't really compare it to anybody else's.

To get KeeperFX unofficial to work, simply download it from the link above and install it like you would the old version of KeeperFX. You could either extract the files from unofficial over the gog-folder you've already got in your screenshot above, or extract the files to a new folder, and use the launcher, press the 'installation' button and point to that gog folder to get two running copies of the game.

I don't know what you're saying exactly, but if it's about how to get the original maps in your game, you can do whatever, the original maps are in the package you download from gog.com, paste them in your keeperfx levels folder to get them into keeperfx. Whatever way you do is fine. If you're still online now, and have more questions, we can use the keeperklan chat box as well.

Here: levels.zip
    1) copied folder
    2) copied your maps+replaced mine in levels folder
    3) ran keeperfx installation, pointed to new folder (dk speedrun)
    4) ran game , dug three nodes, game crash, think i have to delete all the .flg files again that keeperfx said to do when i first installed

Update, deleted flg files, no more crash but game after 20 seconds starts having freeze spikes every second for like 5 seconds

https://ibb.co/h9UxRx

This crash was happening originally with keeperfx but i can't remember how i fixed, once i fixed that the game never crashed again hmm
    Last edited by Metal Gear Rex; April 24th, 2018 at 01:33. Reason: super combined post

https://ibb.co/h9UxRx

This crash was happening originally with keeperfx but i can't remember how i fixed, once i fixed that the game never crashed again hmm
    Okay Everything works thanks dude!, That sound issue is if you have asus sound card, need to cancel 'gx mode' on the audio program for the card. Maps are now original, will make thread on speedrun site to allow original maps on keeper fx as other players are interested ty dude!

sure, how do we do a chat box?
    It's on the front page, simply scroll down. But I left.

Okay Everything works thanks dude!, That sound issue is if you have asus sound card, need to cancel 'gx mode' on the audio program for the card. Maps are now original, will make thread on speedrun site to allow original maps on keeper fx as other players are interested ty dude!
    Great. Have fun.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

ichimarnold, if you're just going to post again after some minutes, you can just edit your post. It's right next to the "reply with quote" button on the posts.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!