Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Warrens Revisited

Default Warrens Revisited

Download it here!

Warrens Revisited

Difficulty rating: Medium

Many Keepers found their demise in this labyrinth throughout the ages. Can you succeed where others failed and find your way out towards victory?

Note: The third level from the Post Undead Keeper campaign, Ebenazer, is the base for this one. In turn, Ebenazer is obviously inspired from the Dungeon Keeper 2 Skirmish Map Warrens. Unlike Ebenazer, this level has a 'regular' creature pool and has no alliance between Blue and Green.
    Last edited by Duke Ragereaver; May 14th, 2018 at 06:11.

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Post Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: impboy44 Steam ID: impboy44

Default Re: Warrens Revisited

Image is not showing.

Fixed.

Download it here!

Download it here!

I played it, and must say I'm a bit disappointed. I did not know what to expect, but most of your maps I really like, and there's lots to it.
    And there's nothing wrong with this map, it's just very basic. You've got two rival keepers, which have no advantages over you. In fact, it's a map where keepers function poorly because of the center maze and lava shortcut.
    Simply build up your dungeon in complete safety, while blue and green damage each other, and CTA when you've got your prison researched to win the map.

Perhaps would have worked a bit better if it was a KeeperFX map with imprisonment enabled for the keepers, and they have access to a prison and a graveyard soon, so that at least the victor ends up a bit stronger.

To be expected. In Dungeon Keeper 2 Warrens was, in my opinion, a very enjoyable skirmish/multiplayer map. I tried to recreate a similar experience with everyone having roughly the same resources but unfortunately, it does not translate well into Dungeon Keeper 1.

I’m somewhat unsure how to solve this, in order to achieve my intended goal that is. I already gave the enemy Keepers a high level dragon to give them an initial edge in research and combat strength. Having both enemy Keepers not allied (unlike Ebenazer) is quite detrimental. An easy way to solve a lot of problems would be to make them allies, but that would defeat the purpose of a free-for-all brawl. But maybe I should forget about this, since it would rely too much on an AI that can’t compete with Humans.

Download it here!

Download it here!

I don't know/remember the map this is based on, but actually what you're going for is easily possible now in KeeperFX with the improved AI. If you have a map with two or more rivals, especially with a small advantage like you mentioned, you'll get quite an intense skirmish. Just as long as you don't do the one thing you did - put a maze or lava or something between the player and the keepers.

Take a look at this one for example, or try it, it's a short map and not that hard. Mothrayas also made a few skirmish maps, they work just fine.

What you could try though, is take away some of their gold - or mess with the computer processes - to convince the keepers to dig towards the players side more quickly. Perhaps easing up on the maze a bit if they still don't make it through.

Good pointers. I'll see what I can do.

Download it here!

Download it here!

An additional option is to have them start out allied, but break the alliance after a while, for example when the player kills his first unit.

I have uploaded a new version. I still think it can be improved.

It should be somewhat harder now though.

Download it here!

Download it here!

I played your new version as well. What did you change exactly? Something that prevents green and blue from reaching each other right away?

In any case, emboldened by the easy with which I won last time, I was not even careful now, until I noticed blue was claiming my tiles in the maze and his army was stronger than mine.
    However, I quickly possessed an imp and put green and blue into conflict while I decided to focus on research a bit to get the powerful rooms. That left green basically dead and green severely weakened, so that left me just with mop-up duty.