Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Temple Deal (2018)

Default Temple Deal (2018)

Made for and tested on unofficial keeperFX 0.4.6 release.

Name
    Temple Deal

Difficulty
    9/10 good luck

Creation date
    27/05/2018

In this map you have to attack 3 sides while protecting your dungeon from all directions, (ab)use active and wealthy rival keeper while being quick. More hints present ingame. Not my best map but fairly challenging so I thought I'd share this one. Good luck

Download here:
    v1.2.2:
    Temple deal v1.2.2.zip

v1.0:
    Temple Deal.7z

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map03231.jpg 
Views:	656 
Size:	136.3 KB 
ID:	1833  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by kix; March 7th, 2020 at 19:46.

Warlock

Default Re: Temple Deal (2018)

So, if I am restricted to level 1 creatures, with zero training rooms, how the hell am I supposed to defeat the heroes that can roflstomp them?

Quote Originally Posted by Hades View Post
    So, if I am restricted to level 1 creatures, with zero training rooms, how the hell am I supposed to defeat the heroes that can roflstomp them?
    Don't worry about losing lvl 1 skeletons. At one point I hoarded 45+ of them then few minutes later after hellhound wave I had none. Focus on keeping your other creatures alive, heal spell is a huge help.

Warlock

What other creatures?

Quote Originally Posted by Hades View Post
    What other creatures?

Spoiler

Last edited by kix; May 27th, 2018 at 18:19.

I've played a bit of it, but so far I find it very overwhelming. You start out the map, already under attack, with absolutely no idea what to do, and 3 large text-boxes.
    Why don't you wait for the player to get his first unit before starting everything, this gives the player time to look around a bit first, read your objective messages, without actually giving him a head start compared to what you have now.

Beyond that, it's also too difficult for my tastes. I've restarted the map several times now - right at the beginning. First I lost my single skeleton before finding the other two, then I lost my others to parties already there. I've also lost by accidentally leading the guardpost heroes from the south into my dungeon. Now last game I managed to claim the prison, get some skeletons and defeat the first scripted party, claim my way up to the workshop and then got rolled over by a large party of wizards. That's because the heroes from the first wave were still in the prison and I hardly had any skeletons left.
    My experience from playing your last map tells me that it's probably all doable, and if you want to keep it this difficult, that's fine and there are probably some people out there looking for this kind of punishment, but I think most people would enjoy the map a lot more if you simply increased the timers between the parties a bit.

And a question, are you supposed to claim the library by using the neutral wall bug that's already fixed in the Alpha, or is there some other way?

Yes, it is all doable.
    The start might seem rushed but your dungeon heart won't take much damage from the weakest lvl 1 heroes. 3 skeletons should be able to defeat all the tunnelers plus the 2 guardpost heroes from south without problems. If out of health, build 3 tiles of lair, let them rest for a minute.

I don't know about neutral wall bug. I know there was supposed to be one(post ancient keeper last map) but I never figured it out. There is no bug abusing required nor is benefitial in this map. Besides leading your first skeleton to the others, not even possession mode is needed. Library can be claimed if you dig to it from the west (where dragons are).
    Last edited by kix; May 27th, 2018 at 22:47.

Well, it all kinda snowballs. I played it once more, and this time I knew to rush towards the prison after getting my skeletons. This caused me to have a small army by the time the second party arrived and I defeated them easily. Knowing what to do makes a massive difference.
    This time I simply messed up myself later, I had quite a big skeleton army by the time I was invaded by a huge lvl1 army again. I managed to beat them with about 15 skeletons to spare, but I did not pay enough attention and my prisoners escaped. I had a lvl8 wizard, monks and dragons there so they could simply kill me.

I'll try it again, it's a good map. I just really think it helps if you give the player some time to look around at the start. Look at it this way,... if you first read all 3 objective messages before you go to look for skeletons, there are to many parties already to fight them. If you go look for the skeletons first and fight the tunnelers, your information messages have already disappeared before you could read them.

Also, move the resurrect special a bit, you can hardly see it at first.

And no, 3 skeletons can't defeat 5 tunnelers a dwarf and a wizard. I believe I also got the lvl4 monks involved. Sure, now that I know what to do, it's easy. I could kill the first few tunnelers before the next few showed up.

EDIT: I played some more, reloaded a few times as well, but now I'm stuck against an invading party of lvl 7/8 monks that simply melt my skeletons. The first time I faced them I had 2 reapers as well, but most of my skeletons had died in the fight against blue.
    And by the way, you still do the thing where you put the objective eyes on the dungeon heart. You say 'Look at your vampire', so it makes sense that the eye would zoom at that prison, but no, dungeon heart again.
    Last edited by YourMaster; May 28th, 2018 at 23:39.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    And by the way, you still do the thing where you put the objective eyes on the dungeon heart.
    Oh yeah I never click the eye anyway so it goes untested. Will fix some things in a week or two
    Btw yes it was the post ancient keeper last map https://youtu.be/DWHtfw52K18?t=5922

If you don't want to use the eye, simply don't use it. So set it to 'all players' instead of 'player0' and it is disabled. That's less annoying than thinking it is working, clicking the eye and going to the heart instead.