Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Temple Deal (2018)

Default Re: Temple Deal (2018)

i will play as soon as i finish my work, thanks in advance its been a while since someone uploaded a map

Uploaded a v1.2 version with minor changes. Map is slightly easier, blue keeper gets creatures slower, 'eye' hints removed.

Hi just finished Temple Deal i found it very interesting and fun. A very good map well done. I struggled at the start but once you get some momentum it becomes quite easy towards the end.

Quote Originally Posted by CSWinnall View Post
    Hi just finished Temple Deal i found it very interesting and fun. A very good map well done. I struggled at the start but once you get some momentum it becomes quite easy towards the end.
    It was meant to be quite a "punish yourself" challenge, not that interesting or fun map, so glad you enjoyed it anyway and great job. If you're looking for more challenge I'd recommend my second campaign. Lots of challenging and interesting maps there

Hi this map is now unplayable the white diggers dont dig through to the red heart so you cant get out i am on the latest alpha

I checked, expecting this to be a bug of the Alpha, but it seems to be correct behavior. The tunnelers are pre-placed on the map, so aren't given any specific direction. This means they will decide to go to the most appropriate dungeon (strongest player) instead, which on this map starting out is the blue player.
    In the past, the 'appropriate dungeon' check was bugged, and it would just fall back on player 0 (Red).

So kix, you have plenty of script commands to spare, you could update your map to place the initial tunnelers by script and give them player0 as a target. That way it functions both in old versions, as in future versions of KeeperFX. Another option would be to give Red a bigger starting dungeon.

Uploaded hotfix - now in the beginning tunnelers are scripted to spawn via command, not by map placement.

Great thanks, it seems to work.

Updated the lubiki map with this version, see here: https://lubiki.keeperklan.com/html/d...hp?start=00443

HI Great going to try now

Hi, just finished your level and I thought it was a very good map and difficult, it took me a number of attempts to beat it. I was just wondering about a couple of things if they were intended.
    - The final hero party can be blocked off with wind+temple and taken out at your leisure. This doesn't really 'feel' like the rest of the map as everything else you're really pushed. I wonder if spawning the final party at the western hero gate would help? (EDIT - although the level is maybe difficult enough already )
    - Was the intention with the blue keeper to make use of their units in your temple? I did manage to beat it by just setting the heroes loose on blue but I think it's dawned on me that the minions could serve a better purpose!

I have my run through recorded at https://www.twitch.tv/videos/781511238 (the first 3(!) hours of the video) to see my thought process.
    Last edited by Treebeard; October 25th, 2020 at 23:15.