Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Grail Run (2018)

Default Grail Run (2018)

Made for and tested on unofficial keeperFX 0.4.6 release.

Name
    Grail Run

Difficulty
    6/10

Creation date
    18/06/2018

In this map you have hero gate instead of portal. You get parties from it depending on the rooms you have claimed. More rooms of the same kind = higher level creatures spawn!

Download here:
    v1.1:
    Grail Run v1.1.7z

v1.0:
    Grail Run v1.0.7z

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map03232.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	160.7 KB 
ID:	1843   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map00233.jpg 
Views:	363 
Size:	161.1 KB 
ID:	1847  
    Last edited by kix; July 1st, 2018 at 19:26.

Default Re: Grail Run (2018)

thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by PossessMePlease View Post
    thanks a lot
    Did you play it i? Liked it ?

I played it today, and I really liked what I played. The difficulty of this map is just right for me, and I was especially motivated when I found out I could level up my units.
    The map is really creative, and a completely different play style from normal maps, instead of conserving your units the goal is to trade them away as many times as possible as quickly as possible since new ones spawn anyway if you time it right.

Unfortunately, I could not finish the map due to the pathfinding bug. My game hung when I think I was near the end. A real shame, I would have loved to finish it.

Two questions:
    - Did you intend for a few of the neutral units to be claimable when you take the 'reveal map' special?
    - Did you notice you can circumvent the entire hero dungeon on the south by digging against the southern rocks?

EDIT: After loading my last save, I did manage to complete the map without it crashing. I sold some bridges and dug out some spaces to reduce the pathways.

One final hint, when the final party spawns, set bonus level time to 0. Now there's still the countdown to the next party, so you think there's more to the map. I had not read the objective yet because I was busy killing avatars. I did not claim the neutrals yet because of that and was surprised when I won the level.
    Last edited by YourMaster; June 27th, 2018 at 09:53.

Warlock

A recent update makes this game much harder (level 10 imps will teleport past doors meant to prevent expansion into unsafe areas)

Imps will not teleport past locked doors. Make sure there isn't an alternative route to whatever location. To be sure, simply drop a non-teleporting unit past the locked door and see how he walks home.

Warlock

Also, the moment the spiders show up I am totally screwed. There is ZERO way I can win against them. Even the rebound based units get pasted by them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hades View Post
    Also, the moment the spiders show up I am totally screwed. There is ZERO way I can win against them. Even the rebound based units get pasted by them.
    I must say I was surprised the spiders were surprisingly decent in a fight, but still they didn't manage to kill any units. There were lvl 10 spiders, but by the time they came I also had all my units between lvl8 and 10, and high level monks can't loose against the spiders. That left the rest of my army for the rest of the map.

The secret to this map is to keep killing all your units, to claim as many rooms as quickly as possible. Be sure to quickly kill your vampires or better yet simply sell the graveyard. What helps is the 'show map' special near the start. Protected by strong heroes, but most of them have no heal spell and they are on guard, so simply attack them with your full army several times until they are dead. This way you can easily find where there are more rooms to claim, which causes you to get higher level units. Keep fighting, when your units die, you get more free units.
    The main thing to look out for is to have a full army again when the party spawns, but you have a timer in view, and you know that every 30 seconds you get a new wave of units.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    - Did you intend for a few of the neutral units to be claimable when you take the 'reveal map' special?
    Yes, there is a dwarf who can be claimed this way.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    - Did you notice you can circumvent the entire hero dungeon on the south by digging against the southern rocks?
    If by circumvent you mean that you can make route from hero gate to dungeon heart shorter, then yes. However, I am not aware of any way where you are able to enter/claim the south dungeon besides using the main path.

A recent update makes this game much harder (level 10 imps will teleport past doors meant to prevent expansion into unsafe areas)
    Annoying, I know. Simply sell graveyard when you no longer need lvl 1 vampires and imps will stop doing it. Or build a door as suggested.

What I do is that I drop 3 and a few of and at the northern guard posts and just sit and watch. Do not melee fight them.

Glad you liked it. The 1.0 version has had all water removed so I thought I got rid of possible pathfinding bug as I see clear log. Clearly not. Not sure when I get to update the map as I got problems with PC.
    Last edited by kix; June 30th, 2018 at 00:07.

Quote Originally Posted by kix View Post
    If by circumvent you mean that you can make route from hero gate to dungeon heart shorter, then yes. However, I am not aware of any way where you are able to enter/claim the south dungeon besides using the main path.
    Like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	likethis.png 
Views:	33 
Size:	259.1 KB 
ID:	1845

And I'm looking at your script now, I see you've used the script command 'set creature fear', but that doesn't work in combination with level_version(1), use the fear stronger or wounded command instead.
    Last edited by YourMaster; June 29th, 2018 at 23:26.