Thread: resolution problem

Default resolution problem

Hi there,
    I am very new here, I am currently trying to get my Dungeon Keeper works, but I cant get the resolution properly working, I have seen these youtube videos where theys have big distance of dungeon and smooth graphics. All I have is lagy game, lagy cursor, small screen and no "3d" or "direct3d-like" graphics I can seen on those youtoube vids.

I have both original and GOG keeper gold version, on both I tried KeeperFX 0.4.6 but I really dont know why I always have this basic game resolution like I played the original instalation alone.
    Sorry if I cant make myself clear, I put the printscreen of video where the game resolution is just what I like, and the second screenshot from my game.

I would be very happy if anyone can tell me what I am doing wrong.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	goodres.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	172.4 KB 
ID:	1852

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	myres.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	256.7 KB 
ID:	1853

Default Re: resolution problem

You should change the view from the distorted rotable view to these with straight walls.

that is not the issue, I know the difference of the views, but look at side bar of first picture, see how small it is and how big screen (and big distance) of the main screen there is? How to make such a resolution? Also I have the game really lagy without this "3D" applied.

Run KeeperFX, the gog version will always be crap. The resolution can be set by manually editing keeperfx.cfg or running the laucher.exe. In the game(on a map, not in the main menu), press Ctrl+R to switch resolutions.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    Run KeeperFX, the gog version will always be crap. The resolution can be set by manually editing keeperfx.cfg or running the laucher.exe. In the game(on a map, not in the main menu), press Ctrl+R to switch resolutions.
    Hi, I do run KeeperFX, as "install" I tried to choose both original instalation of dungeon keeper and d. keeper gold, when running launcher.exe, I tried all possible resolutions in there, but never achieved to have the look like on the first screen. Ofc I know to alt+R in game to change resolution, but the scale (left top bar) is still the same size.
    I am clueless :/

In old versions of keeperfx scaling of the sidebar was not yet implemented. In recent versions it is, so the sidebar is always the original size. That doesn't mean the game does not run in the resolution you've selected.