Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Dungeon Keeper: Remake (By Me!)

Default Re: Dungeon Keeper: Remake (By Me!)

Ah, good link, So I was using the DirectX SDK that comes with the Windows SDK, though I use D3D11 I didn't think XAudio would also be a problem. However nothing should be stopping you from getting the DLL's separately and trying it out, since XAudio isn't hardware bound or really integrated like DirectX12 is into DWM or drivers.

Downloading individual files that are meant for Windows 10 and expecting it to work seems crazy to me, but okay.

Error changes after I place in the relevant dll files:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	1884

https://www.dllme.com/dll/files/xaudio2_9_dll.html

Name:	1.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	11.4 KB 
ID:	1885

https://www.dllme.com/dll/files/api-...1-2-1_dll.html

Name:	2.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	13.2 KB 
ID:	1886

now what

Heh it was worth a shot, seems XAudio is a bit more tightly integrated than I thought, Lemme see if I can compile a win7 version

-edit

Without making the build process more tedious and me having to fix countless of compile errors that somehow a lower win SDK version gives me I can't seem to compile for win8 (win 7 would require a older Dx SDK installed)..

So for now, I'll keep it at win 10 only then I guess, Wasn't my initial intention but then again win 7 is pretty old and support is ending. No real reason to not switch to Windows 10 for anyone, it behaves the same as win 7 in terms of UI and has more functionality and safety in general.
    Last edited by Themperror; February 2nd, 2019 at 12:32.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: impboy44 Steam ID: impboy44

Quote Originally Posted by Themperror View Post
    Heh it was worth a shot, seems XAudio is a bit more tightly integrated than I thought, Lemme see if I can compile a win7 version

-edit

Without making the build process more tedious and me having to fix countless of compile errors that somehow a lower win SDK version gives me I can't seem to compile for win8 (win 7 would require a older Dx SDK installed)..

So for now, I'll keep it at win 10 only then I guess, Wasn't my initial intention but then again win 7 is pretty old and support is ending. No real reason to not switch to Windows 10 for anyone, it behaves the same as win 7 in terms of UI and has more functionality and safety in general.
    What about 8.1 users? I own a windows 8.1 laptop.

While even though I've updated to win10 myself, I do in fact believe there are many advantages to win7 over win10 as well. However in this case I have to say you're just crazy. I can't think of any advantages of win8, so just do the free update to windows 10.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: impboy44 Steam ID: impboy44

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    While even though I've updated to win10 myself, I do in fact believe there are many advantages to win7 over win10 as well. However in this case I have to say you're just crazy. I can't think of any advantages of win8, so just do the free update to windows 10.
    I disliked how Microsoft forced people to upgrade when it was released in the first place so I do not want any part of it.

So yeah with that I'm sorry to announce it'll be win 10 unless someone joins me and will work on getting it compiling for win 7, tbh its not too hard but its just work I'm not willing to do at the moment..

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Sarevoking

Any news on this?

He hasn't been on Keeperklan for months. And if you look on the project page, you see he did not work on it for even longer.
    Basically, it seems as though when he turned in the initial bit for his school project, he stopped working on it.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Sarevoking

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    He hasn't been on Keeperklan for months. And if you look on the project page, you see he did not work on it for even longer.
    Basically, it seems as though when he turned in the initial bit for his school project, he stopped working on it.
    Ah, okay. Good thing we have you and keeperfx :_D