Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Something surreal is happening...

Default Re: Something surreal is happening...

yeah, I meant treasure room. Updated it.
    And sure, there are many maps out there with neutrals placed in rooms, including torture rooms.

I was referring to all the errors in your log that say 'Error: check_and_auto_fix_stats: Creature model 24 Learn Level for Empty Instance slot 9 - Fixing'.

Troll

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    yeah, I meant treasure room. Updated it.
    And sure, there are many maps out there with neutrals placed in rooms, including torture rooms.

I was referring to all the errors in your log that say 'Error: check_and_auto_fix_stats: Creature model 24 Learn Level for Empty Instance slot 9 - Fixing'.
    Not quite sure what that error means? The only thing I can think of that it might mean is PowersLevelRequired. I checked that value on several creatures I know I have edited and they all look fine, as do the values for Powers . Which creatures is which model?

Look at line 7 of creature.cfg. So I believe Wizard is creature model 1, and so on. You've got the error for multiple units, and I believe you've got values for PowersLevelRequired that do not match the Powers.

Troll

Look at line 7 of creature.cfg. So I believe Wizard is creature model 1, and so on. You've got the error for multiple units, and I believe you've got values for PowersLevelRequired that do not match the Powers.
    I've had a look at that and some of the creature config files and I think I know what the error is; there are learn level values other than 0 for NULL powers (the "Empty Instance slot" referred to for each creature are all NULL in Powers. It was caused by my creature editor requiring learn level values of at least 1, even for NULL powers. That is now fixed (that is, it now allows you to set learn level values of 0, however, it doesn't automatically set it to 0 if the power is NULL) and I have uploaded a new version. Hopefully the problem is now fixed (I still need to find time to actually test it though).
    Last edited by AdamP; January 7th, 2019 at 17:15.

Troll

Well, I don't appear to have the error any more, so that is indeed what it appears to have been.

However, on my last game, something else that is also jolly strange indeed happened:

I don't think this is related to the bug originally reported in this thread, but it certainly also shouldn't have happened! It rendered me unable to be defeated (yippee! ), but also unable to complete the level . Unfortunately, I don't have a save file, but I do still have the log file if it's needed.

Yeah, log file is always better than nothing. Making a saved game of when you see something funny also shouldn't be too difficult.

Troll

Yeah, log file is always better than nothing. Making a saved game of when you see something funny also shouldn't be too difficult.
    I don't think this has ever happened to me before, so I don't think I'll be able to reproduce it...

Anyway, here's the log file:

keeperfxlog.zip

Troll

Quote Originally Posted by AdamP View Post
    However, on my last game, something else that is also jolly strange indeed happened:

I don't think this is related to the bug originally reported in this thread, but it certainly also shouldn't have happened! It rendered me unable to be defeated (yippee! ), but also unable to complete the level . Unfortunately, I don't have a save file, but I do still have the log file if it's needed.
    Well, this has just happened to me again. Need a log file? (Unfortunately it didn't occur to me to do a save file )

You can see these things happen (or atleast most of them) if you play the level 6 in the original campaign, same things seems to happen in the level 64 multiplayer map, even the numbers of gold stays on screen (Example: when it's payday)
    Only certain maps seems to have this problem for some reason, as far as I know, and if this happens and you keep playing the game it's likely to crash or freeze.

O, in that case I know what's up. It's on maps where neutral units are placed on neutral rooms, for people playing with a recent alpha version of KeeperFX Unofficial. In that alpha the units are then assigned to the neutral rooms in a way that looks cool, but unfortunately causes all kinds of silly stuff like this.

I want to release a new version of KeeperFX Unofficial soon, I made it already, but I've been putting it off because I'm not in the mood for thoroughly testing it. The new version would basically the latest alpha, with all the changes that don't work that well taken back out again. And this neutral thing is one of those.

In the meantime, you should be able to easily fix this yourself by adding the text 'PASSIVE_NEUTRALS' to 'PreserveClassicBugs' at line 38 of fxdata\rules.cfg.

EDIT: I've released an alpha to hold people over. That should not have this bug anymore. Please let me know if this is not the case.
    Last edited by YourMaster; May 29th, 2019 at 00:27.