Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dungeon Keeper Gog - Original Bullfrog Editor

Default Re: Dungeon Keeper Gog - Original Bullfrog Editor

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    That's the whole point of this,... get the editor all the required files. If they are missing from the demo you can use the ones from gog. But don't forget inside the KDDATA.exe from the demo there are ldata, data and sound folders as well.

Are the files from the demo needed in conjunction with those from gog or can I use the ones from gog alone?

That's the whole point of this,... get the editor all the required files. If they are missing from the demo you can use the ones from gog. But don't forget inside the KDDATA.exe from the demo there are ldata, data and sound folders as well.
    Ended up finding what the problem was - working now! Thanks much for your time.

Weren't you downloading the demo in the fist place because you didn't have all the files you needed from the gog version? And I believe you were right, using the GOG files aren't enough. Perhaps just using the files and folders from the demo is enough, if you can't find all the files and folders listed there you need stuff from GOG as well.

But now that you manages to get the files from the demo, why don't you simply follow spartahawks steps here. He made that topic specifically for people with GOG to get the official editor to run.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Waltz View Post
    Ended up finding what the problem was - working now! Thanks much for your time.
    OK, good. What was it?

Weren't you downloading the demo in the fist place because you didn't have all the files you needed from the gog version? And I believe you were right, using the GOG files aren't enough. Perhaps just using the files and folders from the demo is enough, if you can't find all the files and folders listed there you need stuff from GOG as well.

But now that you manages to get the files from the demo, why don't you simply follow spartahawks steps here. He made that topic specifically for people with GOG to get the official editor to run.

EDIT:

OK, good. What was it?
    Using just the GoG files was actually sufficient for me. I needed three files from the demo but that was it. Nothing from Ldata or Data. Adding any files from the ldata or data folders from the demo ended up giving me the white question mark.

If without those 3 from the demo it did not run, you still kinda needed the demo right?

But happy editing.