Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dungeon Keeper Gog - Original Bullfrog Editor

Default Dungeon Keeper Gog - Original Bullfrog Editor

I haven't been able to get the original editor to work with GoGs dungeon keeper. I've installed KeeperFX and have tried installing it using directions on Keeperklan but unfortunately there appear to be some missing files. I'm unable to download the demo in order to get the necessary files but perhaps there is some fix to this? Appreciate any help in advance.

PS: I apologize if this is too brief and additional information is needed. I can provide whatever. I prefer the original editor for multiple reasons over Adikted and it's pretty important for me to get it to work. Thanks again.

Default Re: Dungeon Keeper Gog - Original Bullfrog Editor

Why can't you download the demo, it's right here? And here spartahawk lists some other mirrors, so you should be able to download it from one of those sources.

Let me know if you need more help or if this is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    Why can't you download the demo, it's right here? And here spartahawk lists some other mirrors, so you should be able to download it from one of those sources.

Let me know if you need more help or if this is enough.
    I've attempted to download the demo but unfortunately I get a message which says that the exe cannot start or run due to incompatibility with a 64-bit version of windows. This was my wall last time too. I could follow all of the other steps pretty easily but unfortunately I ran into this issue and I'm not sure if it can be fixed. Let me know if you're aware of anything and I apologize in advance as I'm not the most tech literate so the solution could be rather simple. Thanks again.

So you did manage to download it just fine, you just did not manage to open it because it's a 16 bit program. That's why I wrote this at the bottom:

For people having trouble playing the demo, extract the files - open KDDATA.EXE with winzip/winrar/7zip and extract the files inside to a directory on your hard drive - not to desktop.

So you did manage to download it just fine, you just did not manage to open it because it's a 16 bit program. That's why I wrote this at the bottom:
    Even after doing this, I got the same message. Is there something else that could be occurring? Thanks for the help.

Then you're not opening the file with your unzip-program, you're running it.

Follow these steps:

1) Download the demo
    2) Extract the files
    3) Open 7zip
    4) In the toolbar navigate into KDData.exe (so type c:\temp\KDData.exe or something)
    5) Extract the files you need

If you find this difficult, do this instead:

1) Download the demo
    2) Extract the files
    3) Rename KDData.exe to KDData.zip (make sure windows shows you file extensions, because otherwise you'll end up with KDData.zip.exe for the same error)
    4) Double click KDDate.zip

Then you're not opening the file with your unzip-program, you're running it.

Follow these steps:

1) Download the demo
    2) Extract the files
    3) Open 7zip
    4) In the toolbar navigate into KDData.exe (so type c:\temp\KDData.exe or something)

If you find this difficult, do this instead:

1) Download the demo
    2) Extract the files
    3) Rename KDData.exe to KDData.zip (make sure windows shows you file extensions, because otherwise you'll end up with KDData.zip.exe for the same error)
    4) Double click KDDate.zip
    Alright. We're moving along now. Running into another problem, though. I get the Editor to launch and it shows a CD with a white question mark on it. This shouldn't be the case since I'm using GoG, right? Appreciate the help once more. Think I'm a silly step or mistake away from being able to create some cool maps.

You're not using gog, you're using the editor. And it shows the 'no disk' screen when it can't find all the files it needs. So you don't have all the files there, or have not set the config correctly.

This topic is useful in getting it set up all correctly.

You're not using gog, you're using the editor. And it shows the 'no disk' screen when it can't find all the files it needs. So you don't have all the files there, or have not set the config correctly.

This topic is useful in getting it set up all correctly.
    Seeing as I don't have the original Dungeon Keeper Gold or the ISO for it, can I use the ldata, data, and sound files from the gog version? Would they work just as well?

That's the whole point of this,... get the editor all the required files. If they are missing from the demo you can use the ones from gog. But don't forget inside the KDDATA.exe from the demo there are ldata, data and sound folders as well.