Thread: Best (Creature) Spells.

Default Best (Creature) Spells.

Title says it all. What are the best creature spells ranked? Feel free to create a full list or just some of your favorite. My personal favorite is hailstorm and rebound.

Default Re: Best (Creature) Spells.

There are actually many very good spells. Speed, Lightning Heal, and Rebound are the best 4. Meteor and Freeze are very good as well when you also have rebound or the enemy doesn't.

Speed works so well because it helps the unit train up much faster, does more damage in close combat and makes units run down casters very quickly. If you'd give a bile demon speed it would be a massive boost for example.

Lightning is really, really powerful against units that don't move, so it kills any caster units almost instantly. If you have this spell, you instantly beat half the units in the game by a huge margin.

Heal doubles the survivability of a unit, and makes it recover after battle quickly without having to waste time sleeping. Also very important is that is causes units not to die from starvation when after the battle they have to walk home hungry or something.

Rebound is great defense against Freeze, Meteor and slow and some of the other smaller damage spells.

Troll

Time Bomb (at least on KeeperFX. I don't know if it exists as a creature spell in the original game) is very overpowered. Due to its power, a Time Bomb-equipped Vampire is single-handedly able to take out an Avatar! I once kept firing Time Bombs at the wall while possessing a creature, which also quickly made mincemeat of an Avatar (to my knowledge, there were no direct hits!). It has a bigger blast area than Meteor and therefore has the potential to kill many friendly units.

I love to see the Dark Mistress using Lightning, amazing spell

Quote Originally Posted by AdamP View Post
    Time Bomb (at least on KeeperFX. I don't know if it exists as a creature spell in the original game) is very overpowered. Due to its power, a Time Bomb-equipped Vampire is single-handedly able to take out an Avatar! I once kept firing Time Bombs at the wall while possessing a creature, which also quickly made mincemeat of an Avatar (to my knowledge, there were no direct hits!). It has a bigger blast area than Meteor and therefore has the potential to kill many friendly units.
    I never saw this spell.

Troll

Time Bomb (at least on KeeperFX. I don't know if it exists as a creature spell in the original game) is very overpowered. Due to its power, a Time Bomb-equipped Vampire is single-handedly able to take out an Avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by segadorastado View Post
    I never saw this spell.
    I'll demonstrate:

Troll

I once kept firing Time Bombs at the wall while possessing a creature, which also quickly made mincemeat of an Avatar (to my knowledge, there were no direct hits!).
    And why not show this too, as it's funny:

Speed spell is my favorite. Cast a max level speed on a creature, then give them a slap for the extra boost.

Not offensively the strongest of spells, but Drain is amazing, it makes vampires so incredibly strong...