Thread: Clicking on creature icon no longer picks up the highest lvl creature (CCP 0.4.6)

Question Restored or added content in latest release?

//EDIT ignore the original title, I was tired and not aware of the CTRL+click commands. My question pertains to added content.

I am aware of the new scripted events, like the additional waves in lvl 3 (I lol'd about the imp playing football with an enemies head). Is this restored content that was cut by Bullfrog, or is it additional by the mod author(s)? I'm curious because the waves seem to start way earlier now than I remember in the original game. I hadn't built a single room yet, and the enemies were already on their way (again, lvl 3). It occurred to me to try an earlier release, but I would like to play the latest one if only to experience all of this new content.

Apologies if this is old news and the answers are laying dormant in a necro thread from years ago. I have been playing KeeperFX for about 8 years now and am pleased to see this community still going.
    Last edited by Danks; January 16th, 2019 at 19:16. Reason: Not tired

Default Re: Restored or added content in latest release?

The text message was available in the original game. In the campaign there are several other points where text-messages or sounds are included that were in but simply not used.

As for the initial wave, that is strange. The first wave of units in the third level of the original campaign should not come before you have at least 10 units (and satisfied some other conditions). Are you sure you are playing the original campaign, and not New Game+, which gives you just 4 minutes to get something done?

Idk what happened, I must have triggered something by digging all the way down to the white dungeon at the very beginning. I replayed the level doing somewhat the same thing, and I was unable to replicate the issue this time. Intermittent issues are the worst! lol

Anyway, I am playing the 'Unofficial' release now, and no issues as of yet, though the advisor seems to yell at me more when it comes to my rooms being too small. Particularly the treasure room and the library. The advisor notifies me about every 10 seconds it seems (i didn't actually time it). It's no biggie, but annoying when I want my imps to clear an area of gold before carting it off to the treasury, a tactic i use in the beginning of a level to get my dungeon built faster.

//EDIT oh and yes, it's the original campaign.
    Last edited by Danks; January 17th, 2019 at 00:23. Reason: because I can't read

Troll

Quote Originally Posted by Danks View Post
    I lol'd about the imp playing football with an enemies head
    I didn't know they did that!

Quote Originally Posted by AdamP View Post
    Long hours in the dungeon, creatures will do anything to keep themselves occupied

Not sure if you're joking, but just in case,... it's just a message you get.

Idk what happened, I must have triggered something by digging all the way down to the white dungeon at the very beginning. I replayed the level doing somewhat the same thing, and I was unable to replicate the issue this time. Intermittent issues are the worst! lol

Anyway, I am playing the 'Unofficial' release now, and no issues as of yet, though the advisor seems to yell at me more when it comes to my rooms being too small. Particularly the treasure room and the library. The advisor notifies me about every 10 seconds it seems (i didn't actually time it). It's no biggie, but annoying when I want my imps to clear an area of gold before carting it off to the treasury, a tactic i use in the beginning of a level to get my dungeon built faster.
    Strange, because all parties are under the condition that you need to own at least 10 units.

And I also dig out the local gold before building a treasure room. I don't know if the messages are more frequent than before, but if they are it isn't a recent change.

Troll

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    Not sure if you're joking, but just in case,... it's just a message you get.
    Even if it is just a message, I don't remember anything about it. Is it something KeeperFX added, or is it in the original game?

Troll

I would like to play the latest one if only to experience all of this new content.
    If you're playing KeeperFX 1896 alpha, you may want to get the new sound.dat if you haven't already, if you really do want to experience all the new content. It's easy to miss .

Even if it is just a message, I don't remember anything about it. Is it something KeeperFX added, or is it in the original game?
    Like I just told Dansk, it's a text message from the original game that was not used there, but is in keeperfx.