Thread: Vampires not forgetting spells after dying

Troll

Default Vampires not forgetting spells after dying

Hi,

Is this a bug, or a new, intended, behaviour?

Exactly what the title says; on being resurrected at a level lower, Vampires are retaining spells they've obtained at a higher level, which they should no longer have because they've dropped below that level. At first, I thought it was because I was using the Time Bomb spell, but I tested it with various other spells and there's no difference. Then I thought maybe the Floating Spirit in the level was causing the game to go funny, but again, no effect after removing it. I could have sworn that on the original game (and even in earlier versions of KeeperFX), Vampires lose spells when they drop below its required level. I am of course using the latest alpha (version 1896), and I can find nothing obviously out of the ordinary in the log file.

Thanks.

Default Re: Vampires not forgetting spells after dying

This is actually behavior I'm pretty sure was already there in the original game.

Troll

I could have sworn Vampires lost spells when decreasing in level, but I'll need to check. If you're correct, it's possible I'm imagining things...

I remember because of the secret level where you start out with a dragon and need to kill the entire enemy dungeon. At a certain point you have to kill many fairies with a vampire, a difficult task, and I lost almost all my levels of my vampire, but kept my spells. Then with great difficulty I managed to beat the level, only to not be able to transfer the vampire.