Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: CAMPAIGN Assmist isle (2019)

Default Re: CAMPAIGN Assmist isle (2019)

has anyone played level 10 recently? Fervent asylum? I killed every single hero on the map, explored everywhere, but still couldn't beat the level. Had to cheat with "win level instantly" command.

I'm on KFX 1.10 stable release (no alphas).

Idk though, I only tried once, might've been a rare "one off" thing.

Edit: Wow I just had the same problem in phoenix penitentiary (level 11), that's 2 in a row now. I killed everything with Armageddon and still no win condition.
    I also never received a bridge in the entire map. I even went back and re-read the objective, and killed my own knight I converted at some point in the map with slaps to be sure I'm not missing anything (it says kill all keepers and knights), still, nothing.

Time to use "win level instantly" again.
    Last edited by 12114_v2; June 18th, 2024 at 22:55.

Fervent had a bug that caused problems with new version of parser and will be fixed soon.

Don't see any errors in the phoenix level though. The win condition is: all knights must be dead or converted (=not imprisoned or fainted) and all enemy dungeon hearts must be destroyed. Are you sure all of those applied?

Quote Originally Posted by kix View Post
    They can but in the last level I don't think your thief will survive until then. Pick someone with lightning.
    Hi again!, I have (I think) the last question: I'm on the monks, vampires and horny waves, and they seem endless. Probably went through 80 waves already or more. Is there a trigger event that I'm missing to the next stage? Or is it just patience? I've already converted like 65+ vampires and feeling invincible

Quote Originally Posted by 12114_v2 View Post
    has anyone played level 10 recently? Fervent asylum? I killed every single hero on the map, explored everywhere, but still couldn't beat the level. Had to cheat with "win level instantly" command.

I'm on KFX 1.10 stable release (no alphas).

Idk though, I only tried once, might've been a rare "one off" thing.

Edit: Wow I just had the same problem in phoenix penitentiary (level 11), that's 2 in a row now. I killed everything with Armageddon and still no win condition.
    I also never received a bridge in the entire map. I even went back and re-read the objective, and killed my own knight I converted at some point in the map with slaps to be sure I'm not missing anything (it says kill all keepers and knights), still, nothing.

Time to use "win level instantly" again.
    I've played successfully all levels so far, may be i dodged the bugs somehow, but levels are winnable in my experience
    Last edited by Xavit; June 19th, 2024 at 16:53.

The more you used the altars the more waves will spawn, might be too many in your case. 80 do seem too much though.

The more you used the altars the more waves will spawn, might be too many in your case. 80 do seem too much though.
    I use them all the time without stopping, my problem is not the amount of waves anyways, but the fact that i'm not sure if i'm stuck in an endless loop

I have heard that more often, the waves spawning and players doubting how it will end. Perhaps you could add some visual representation kix of how many waves are gonna spawn while the player is 'building up', which then reduces while the waves are spawning.

Perhaps with visible effects, or hero gates activating/deactivating,...

Quote Originally Posted by Xavit View Post
    I use them all the time without stopping, my problem is not the amount of waves anyways, but the fact that i'm not sure if i'm stuck in an endless loop
    IDK if had something to do, or was just enough time waiting, but I stopped using shrines and a couple of waves later, it ended. I have to say, after turning that many vampires, the finale was extremele easy in comparison.
    This campaign took me A LOT of days to finish, playing 2-3h per day or more in weekends. The changes in creature skills/stats where excellent, and level design was great. No bugs where found in my case, and all doubts I had playing where about if I was doing something wrong, or missing something. Some levels where very hard, but reapers yard was in another level.
    Thanks a lot for keeping one of the best (or the best) games ever created still alive, after more than 25 years. I wish a serious remake could be done, without spoiling the exact essence of the game. Some proyects like war for the overworld where good and fun, but it's not the same.

Fervent had a bug that caused problems with new version of parser and will be fixed soon.

Don't see any errors in the phoenix level though. The win condition is: all knights must be dead or converted (=not imprisoned or fainted) and all enemy dungeon hearts must be destroyed. Are you sure all of those applied?
    Yes I'm sure, I also never got a bridge on Phoenix, whereas the youtube playthrough did (treebeard). Which is odd because there's a lava'd off area just to the left of the purple keeper which is impossible to access (it has a resurrect creature box and that weird yellow flame altar).
    Last edited by 12114_v2; June 19th, 2024 at 20:25.

Just tried Reaper's yard for the first time. This map had potential to be fun, if not for the fact that paydays exist (on a map with essentially zero gold for some reason) and hornies go instantly psycho if they don't get their payday. Of course you get absolutely zero gold (except a few finite workshop items which just isn't enough), and on top of that, of all the mass killings you commit you don't get a single dime out of any of the corpses (if they even dropped 1 dollar it would've solved everything as you could hand pay the reapers). Barely any or zero gold gems, of course. You deal with gold starvation all throughout the campaign, but this map crosses the line. The extra headache of worrying about paydays just doesn't suit this map, because you have to worry about endless invasions and progressing, as well.

I'm not saying it's impossible or whatever, haven't watched a playthrough yet, but this puzzle is a) not immediately obvious, b) seems too tedious to deal with.
    Last edited by 12114_v2; June 19th, 2024 at 20:59.

ok smashed level 13 (reaper's yard), I will agree with "Xavit" that it is the first actually relatively challenging level of the campaign, and for once, it was more challenging than it was annoying (unlike that endless level 10 hit and run fly wave level, level 9, is it?).

I wonder if the last level is harder...

p.s I highly recommend updating the objective of reaper's yard and notifying the player that the only way you can get gold is by killing the knights (or at least give a hint, like "kill a knight and see what happens"), because I had to look that information up from a youtube walkthrough (that's the only thing I wanted to know and immediately stopped watching the youtube video once I got my answer). There's no way I would've guessed that this was the case (at least not in a reasonable amount of time), that ONLY knights give gold, and that they don't actually drop it on the ground (but rather deposit it straight into your bank account) so you don't need a bridge to get it. You shouldn't have to read scripts manually or look up youtube walkthroughs to find out how to deal with paydays.....
    Last edited by 12114_v2; June 20th, 2024 at 01:38.