Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: CAMPAIGN Assmist isle (2019)

Default Re: CAMPAIGN Assmist isle (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Pylo View Post
    Oh boy a new campaign, amazing! I was highly impressed by your Dungeons and Keepers campaign and had alot of fun playing it. In fact now that im posting this, i want to thank all of you mapmakers for the awesome free content you are sharing. I played and enjoyed every map and campaign that you can find here, so thanks to all of you for the work you are putting into this and keeping this game alive for so many years!
    Glad to hear you enjoyed it. On this campaign I'd appreciate some feedback what you enjoy/hate the most, what is confusing, etc. Also, don't forget to check on this thread every now and then! as this is a very new campaign and might receive a couple of updates in near future. If a specific new version requires you to start all over, just use skip from cheat menu.

Ok i played the first 5 levels, without being aware of your walkthrough.
    First level took me 4 tries, nice short and crisp introduction into the campaign with the allied keeper system and a tough but doable bonus mission (which i didnt manage to beat in time because i thought i have to claim the whole area and never did it in time, now i realize i can just run in there in possession mode to finish it).
    On the 2nd level i had alot of fun at the beginning trying to figure out how to advance. Also i feel like you really put some thought into small things e.g. at one point i was thinking "man i could really use a door to trap my imps so they stop dying so often!" then i saw the unclaimed tiles surrounded by lava... or that you added some barrels to the archers trapped on islands so they can enjoy a drink while guarding this place, how nice of you . Didnt manage to beat this one though, a huge wave of level 6/7 fairies with alot of monks crushes me every time, i was probably too slow after the timer starts.
    3rd level took me a couple of tries of aimlessly walking around with the possessed tentacle until i realized that he drops gold after dying. From there on this level was quite easy compaired to the others, i totally forgot about the xp bonus from resting thing, but the bile demons and orcs i got from the temple did the trick.
    On the 4th level i think my game is bugged, since when i use the first relic all of greens units die, but i dont get the message i see in the script, my creatures are still capped at 3 and he keeps getting level 10 witches back. Maybe its because i didnt use the first relic right away? I let the level 10 knight walk towards my base, quickly get the destroy wall, steal level 9 warlock, kill the other 3 mages and kill the knight with chicken spell. Then i still had both charges and used the first as soon as the tunneller opens a path to green, which i maybe have to use before they spawn? Or maybe its because i claimed the tunneller spawner quite late, like after clearing the first relic room, dont remember exactly. Also my tunnellers never stop spawning and you mention in your walkthrough that they should stop at one point, so maybe the map bugged for me way before that. Oh and i also had no idea that you can de-ally other keepers, so i would have probably never been able to beat this map without the walkthrough anyways. Btw nice use of secret tunnels and caves here to get some extras.
    On the 5th map i also got stuck without your walkthrough, since i wasnt aware of the trick to make your tiles unclaimed again to get the torture room. The jump and run part to get the warlock was funny! Again a tough but doable bonus mission, a long enough poison gas corridor for the level 9 giants will probably do it. The surprise 3 level 7 thieves actually gave me quite some trouble, but maybe because i only realized them when they were already at my heart, anyways an endless rain of level 1 trolls eventually beat them. Also on this map some of the heroes completely ignored everyone and walked straight to my heart, which led to all of my allies orcs following them getting trapped in my heart room and starve. Also my own units getting trapped there continously aswell was a bit annoying, but not so much.
    Looking forward to the rest of the campaign, i only managed to beat 2 levels on my own so far and appreciate the difficulty, often times i pause and really have to think about on how to continue the level.

Thanks for the feedback, yes I often edit the level after I playtested it a few times to fix some annoying things: imps being annoying? So I Provide a door or lava to the map so they chill.

On the 4th level i think my game is bugged, since when i use the first relic all of greens units die, but i dont get the message i see in the script, my creatures are still capped at 3 and he keeps getting level 10 witches back.
    Sounds like some flag was not added to. Are you sure you are using the patched version? That would explain it. That would completely change the 2nd level gameplay. The third level does not use almost any of the new commands, that's why it went smoothly - it worked correctly.
    On my next update I'll add the YourMaster's clever code to the first level to check for valid version and make the player lose if he does not have one.
    Last edited by kix; April 2nd, 2019 at 17:09.

3rd level took me a couple of tries of aimlessly walking around with the possessed tentacle until i realized that he drops gold after dying. From there on this level was quite easy compaired to the others, i totally forgot about the xp bonus from resting thing, but the bile demons and orcs i got from the temple did the trick.
    Quote Originally Posted by kix View Post
    Sounds like some flag was not added to. Are you sure you are using the patched version? That would explain it. That would completely change the 2nd level gameplay. The third level does not use almost any of the new commands, that's why it went smoothly - it worked correctly.
    On my next update I'll add the YourMaster's clever code to the first level to check for valid version and make the player lose if he does not have one.
    I'm halfway the third level at the moment, and there's nothing to make orcs with. In fact, with KeeperFX Unofficial there's not a single way to make Orcs from the temple. So Pylo, you're playing the campaign with a version of the game that can't play it. This campaign uses script commands introduced in a recent alpha version of KeeperFX Unofficial. I suggest you update to continue playing.

Oops i see, thanks for the link.

I continued on the third level, and I won on the first attempt.
    Not long before the timer ran out I managed to claim a training room and a graveyard, that in combination with the temple and all the heroes that had spawned could have made my army quite powerful. I felt I should have been able to get there quicker. However, I still managed to quickly get myself up to 8 vampires, and managed to train my 9 bile demons I got from sacrificing spiders to level max of 4. This was when I was attacked by the souped up hell hound and wizard, which decimated almost my entire army. When they died I won the level.

I assumed I had to still kill the lord of the land, and was surprised when I won, but rereading the objectives I figured this was intentional. I enjoyed the level, but did not manage to explore everything.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    by the souped up hell hound and wizard
    Yeah the boss is always random, it's chosen from samurai, wizard, thief, etc. Good job

Uploaded new version. Always liked the kill-switch idea from 4th level and felt I should add a map where you can use it as you like, so
    -added new 'acolyte altar' to level 2 that when activated kills some heroes - a minor change but might make map a little more interesting
    -added new final level that uses the idea heavily
    -changed the level design for lvl 5 slightly
    -added version check to first level
    -some minor decor changes
    Last edited by kix; April 5th, 2019 at 18:29.

I'm guessing you're not a native English speaker, but the new objectives in the level script have some typo's.

I hear a dungeon heart beating behind these doors
    Your vampires are nearly of their full strength <- Sentence cannot be structured like this.
    blessed the ziggurat weakining your vampires,
    it takes a whole centruy to
    (18,"You tcuched the
    And why did you use the 2 steps to check the KeeperFX version? The code on my map did it with an if-statement fewer, do you somehow expect problems with that?
    Last edited by YourMaster; April 6th, 2019 at 01:21.

That's what I get from not reading the hints ingame and using syntax highlighter that makes string literals bright green on a white background. I'll fix it with next update.

I'm too paranoid and know it will never happen but in case a version with campaign flag and without add to flag comes out lol.

I haven't played for quite a while, and have misplaced my saves so I jumped right in at Level 4 (since I finished the first three a while ago). And so far I'm a bit lost with this level, not knowing what to do. There's loads of text at the beginning, some messages even disappeared before I could read them all and I restarted to see what's it all about, but it's information overload and nothing really clicked on what to do. I looked around, found a tunnel north I can't open, can't find anything in the large dirt segment east, can't do anything with the tunnel to the south. And everything is in slow motion with the very slow tunnelers you have.
    Since exploring was fruitless I decided to take the portal of my ally instead. I found out this is quite annoying and went after the 'dragon altar' instead. With reloading my save 2 times I managed to get the altar activated and the dragons walled out, like one of the messages said, but I hoped to get units instead of just tunnelers. But, the 5 tunnelers I used to kill my ally only to find this did me no good and I still could not claim this neutral portal. I haven't found any units that can do research or anything else useful on the map. Before I stopped playing for a bit, I dug my way around the dragons and get to an open space and lava on the other side. I'll continue playing, and will see if I can do something there, but I have no idea if I'm on the right track or not.
    A small point of feedback, on one of the earlier messages I think you wanted to replace 'witches' with 'priestesses' or something, and left both names instead.

EDIT: I continued a bit. I got my two hounds from the lava-maze easily enough and started to explore the rooms with low level heroes in the mountains, making progress here. Then I got a message that the path to the green keeper was opened, but this fight is way, way over the top for me. Green has countless imps and lvl 10 heroes, and I have my 5 tunnelers and 2 hounds that can't be trained. I tried beating green with my hounds by using possession to exterminate the imps, but I think he can make more or had even more than I thought.
    I'm not sure now if this is a challenge I have to face, or that green attacked me before I was ready. And if the latter, if I spend too much time destroying blue with tunnelers, or if I'm not supposed to go north-east yet and that that triggered this attack.
    Last edited by YourMaster; July 1st, 2019 at 22:34.