Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
Results 71 to 80 of 80

Thread: CAMPAIGN Assmist isle (2019)

  
  1. #71

    Default Re: CAMPAIGN Assmist isle (2019)

    Hi, long time lurker here.
    I've played both your Dungeons and Keepers and Assmist Isle campaigns (currently streaming the latter; shameless plug) and they are both excellent campaigns and would highly recommend playing both of them to others. I'm currently playing through level 12(?) Mill Vaults and so far there have been no bugs in the campaign. I've loved the integration of the new scripting features of KeeperFX in the campaign - I think they work great and really open up the scope of DK1 mapmaking.
    Great work

  2. #72

    Default Re: CAMPAIGN Assmist isle (2019)

    Well, continue the plug and link the stream/vods for people here.

  3. #73

    Default Re: CAMPAIGN Assmist isle (2019)

    Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    Well, continue the plug and link the stream/vods for people here.
    Hah, thought I could look at popping it in a signature, but looks like I might have to be an established member before that

    www.twitch.tv/thetreebeard1 is the stream, still have some of the Isle campaign up - might look to put it on Youtube when I get the chance to edit it down.

  4. #74

    Default Re: CAMPAIGN Assmist isle (2019)

    Quote Originally Posted by Treebeard View Post
    Hi, long time lurker here.
    I've played both your Dungeons and Keepers and Assmist Isle campaigns (currently streaming the latter; shameless plug) and they are both excellent campaigns and would highly recommend playing both of them to others. I'm currently playing through level 12(?) Mill Vaults and so far there have been no bugs in the campaign. I've loved the integration of the new scripting features of KeeperFX in the campaign - I think they work great and really open up the scope of DK1 mapmaking.
    Great work
    Hi, having full videos of people playing this campaign is the most valuable feedback I could have so thanks for that.

    You're doing really great, almost making the maps look easier than they actually are. Perhaps the only thing you need to work on is your reapers' anger management. The next level you are on relies heavily on that. Tip: stand on corpses to make them happier.

    Good job discovering the shortcut to flies in the 2nd bonus level, although you didn't have to kill all those wizards and archers with dwarf - just run past them.

    Interesting you chose the harder option in relic tunnels - to face the huge wave with your units. The other option was to use relic at that point and let the blue keeper attract mistresses and bile demons, deally him, and convert the creatures he attracted.

    Good luck in the final level, that one is definitely the most difficult. Takes a few attempts.
    Also, you didn't stream the first levels right?
    Last edited by kix; September 20th, 2020 at 19:51.

  5. #75

    Default Re: CAMPAIGN Assmist isle (2019)

    Twitch keeps videos up for just a short time. So that's why you'd need to hope he'd put them on youtube.

  6. #76

    Default Re: CAMPAIGN Assmist isle (2019)

    Quote Originally Posted by kix View Post
    Hi, having full videos of people playing this campaign is the most valuable feedback I could have so thanks for that.

    You're doing really great, almost making the maps look easier than they actually are. Perhaps the only thing you need to work on is your reapers' anger management. The next level you are on relies heavily on that. Tip: stand on corpses to make them happier.

    Good job discovering the shortcut to flies in the 2nd bonus level, although you didn't have to kill all those wizards and archers with dwarf - just run past them.

    Interesting you chose the harder option in relic tunnels - to face the huge wave with your units. The other option was to use relic at that point and let the blue keeper attract mistresses and bile demons, deally him, and convert the creatures he attracted.

    Good luck in the final level, that one is definitely the most difficult. Takes a few attempts.
    Also, you didn't stream the first levels right?
    Thanks for the reply! I've streamed all the levels in the campaign and saved the vods so what I'll do is ill edit them a bit and pop them on Youtube, putting a link on the stream since I've really enjoyed playing them.
    For the relic tunnels second shrine I had one of the hellhounds accidently wander over it and I didn't reload so I guess that made it a bit harder.

    I'll look to play the last two levels this evening, GMT, if anyone is interested in checking out the campaign.

  7. #77
    Demon Spawn
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Cardiff, UK
    Posts
    176

    Default Re: CAMPAIGN Assmist isle (2019)

    I've made a start on a pot file for the in-game messages for this campaign. I have completed 3 so far, so a way to go yet, and I'll need to test them out. When it's done, it will allow for translations to be made if anyone wants to.

    I thought I'd say, in case anyone else was thinking of doing it?

    Dayo

  8. #78

    Default Re: CAMPAIGN Assmist isle (2019)

    So I've had a play of the last two levels in the campaign, didn't quite manage to beat the final level.

    Reaper's Yard, second last level I found to be enjoyable. I felt as though the ending of the level wasn't too difficult, I'm guessing the intention is you would lose some minions but I ended up beating the level with no minions lost and the end was a pushover.

    For the last level, I've played through it twice and have maybe gotten about three quarters of the way through, I found the ending on this level to be the opposite of the previous level - very challenging
    I gave in and had a look at the level script and I've got a couple of ideas for the ending now, I'll play through it again at some point.

    Thanks for the campaign!
    Last edited by Treebeard; September 26th, 2020 at 14:18. Reason: spelling

  9. #79

    Default Re: CAMPAIGN Assmist isle (2019)

    Quote Originally Posted by dayokay View Post
    I've made a start on a pot file for the in-game messages for this campaign. I have completed 3 so far, so a way to go yet, and I'll need to test them out. When it's done, it will allow for translations to be made if anyone wants to.
    Great, thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Treebeard
    For the last level, I've played through it twice and have maybe gotten about three quarters of the way through, I found the ending on this level to be the opposite of the previous level - very challenging.
    I watched your attempts and you were doing pretty good. Some tips:
    -you've got sight spell from the start but you don't use it
    -begin trapping the northern parties by blowing them into the corner sooner + cast disease there so they die off - they will keep reinfecting each other until there's noone left there
    -confont the fairies in the tunnels where your units are not in the line of sight for fairies to shoot. if overwhelmed, cast chicken on them
    -when monks, vampires and horny waves begin - lock the party in a room, cast chicken on horny so he won't escape - drop your units in the room - convert monks and vampires as they heal themselves in tortre chamber.
    -avatar & wizards wave - use steal heroes if you've got some
    -final wave: chicken hornies

    Thanks for playing and for the videos
    Last edited by kix; September 27th, 2020 at 13:41.

  10. #80

    Default Re: CAMPAIGN Assmist isle (2019)

    I did end up figuring out to trap the northern party spawn in that room they spawn in, but have been having difficulty with the other waves - thanks for the pointers!

    I still think the waves are fair though - I think you got the difficulty on them right, even though I haven't beat them yet haha.

Similar Threads

  1. Preview of my custom Campaign, The Barbarian Campaign
    By darkkingkongman in forum DK1 Maps
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: August 21st, 2020, 12:42
  2. Replies: 83
    Last Post: May 11th, 2019, 21:54
  3. Community Spotlight – January 2019 & Maintenance Update
    By Mentor in forum War for the Overworld
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 31st, 2019, 17:17
  4. lag in campaign
    By piojo in forum KeeperFX
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: January 22nd, 2011, 13:26
  5. A new campaign
    By Hapuga in forum DK2 Mapmaking
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: January 5th, 2010, 11:21

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •