Thread: 320x200

Troll

Default 320x200

Hi,

Has anyone ever tried running KeeperFX at this resolution? For me, it only works in 32-bit colour and nothing works properly; messages don't display, tooltips don't display properly, and the game doesn't register clicks on the panel correctly. Also, the amount of money displayed is too small. Floating spirit at the start is also a big wonky. I seems as though something's out of alignment here. Am I missing something or does it just not work properly? Thanks.
    Last edited by AdamP; April 25th, 2019 at 03:08.

Default Re: 320x200

I think it simply does not work properly. But why would you want to?

Troll

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    I think it simply does not work properly. But why would you want to?
    It worked fine in the original game. Isn't KeeperFX supposed to fix things, not break them?

Also, there's an effect when you switch between the game and the map (the map of the level, not the map of levels) that you don't get in higher resolutions. Unless there's a way to make it work on resolutions higher than 320x200?

I don't think anybody broke it on purpose. But modern machines simply don't work well with resolutions so low anymore. And since nobody uses resolutions that low, nobody notices it when something breaks with it.

Troll

Quote Originally Posted by AdamP View Post
    Hi,

Has anyone ever tried running KeeperFX at this resolution? For me, it only works in 32-bit colour and nothing works properly; messages don't display, tooltips don't display properly, and the game doesn't register clicks on the panel correctly. Also, the amount of money displayed is too small. Floating spirit at the start is also a big wonky. I seems as though something's out of alignment here. Am I missing something or does it just not work properly? Thanks.
    Probably not the best explanation, so here's a video of it: (and it's even worse than I thought; possession mode is also knackered)

If playing in 640x400 or 640x480 is not an option for you, you could try to download some old versions of keeperfx, to see if it worked back then.