Thread: Secret levels have vanished

Demon Spawn

Default Secret levels have vanished

Hi,

I'm currently doing the original campaign. As you can see in the linked video, I have found 1 and find another in Moonbrush Wood (1:08:10). However, when I click 'Continue Game' in the main menu, they've disappeared, and the only option is Nevergrim. Am I missing something or is this a bug? I am of course using the latest KeeperFX Unofficial 0.4.6.1907.

Last edited by AdamP; July 9th, 2019 at 02:59.

Default Re: Secret levels have vanished

I tried to reproduce your issue, by getting the secret levels from levels 8 and 9, winning both maps, exiting the game completely, and going back with 'continue game' and both secrets were still there. But I immediately believe you if you say there are issues with the continue save, but how and when exactly I don't know. Perhaps you played a free play level or something in between.

Demon Spawn

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    Perhaps you played a free play level or something in between.
    As a matter of fact, I did. I don't know why it would be that, but it's got to be as that's the only thing I did different. As you can see in the video, I still had the first secret level when I clicked 'Continue Game' to go to Moonbrush Wood.

I do have a savegame of me being in the middle of Moonbrush Wood. Will I have to load that and redo the rest of the level to regain access to the levels?

Demon Spawn

Quote Originally Posted by AdamP View Post
    I do have a savegame of me being in the middle of Moonbrush Wood. Will I have to load that and redo the rest of the level to regain access to the levels?
    Well, I did just that and now the secret levels are back . This should be investigated. I have a fx1cont.sav of Nevergrim with the secret levels and one without if that's any use.

I'm not going to investigate, as there's nothing I can do about it and there are no developers contributing to the game anymore. We'll just have to accept it as a fact of life that the 'continue save' is iffy. Ever since the original game I learned the hard way to just save before ending or before starting a new level and load that save when I want to continue.

Demon Spawn

I've just seen this. Could it be related?

Could be, that's why I said 'it could be that you played a free play level in between'.