Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: No outro

Default Re: No outro

Always glad to know people have faith in what I should be able to accomplish. In any case, I committed a simple fix.

I simply switched the order of the outro with the drag cinematic in the 'if-else' block. Now on the final level you will get the outro cinematic first and only. So no drag cinematic whatever you do, and no possibility to torture the lord of the land.
    I don't consider this a bad thing. On the other levels where you don't get the outro cinematic, you'll still get the drag cinematic and still get to torture.

I'll share a new release candidate soon. Of course I'm happy to hear if anybody else has found any new bugs in the Unofficial release candidate.

Troll

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    Always glad to know people have faith in what I should be able to accomplish. In any case, I committed a simple fix.

I simply switched the order of the outro with the drag cinematic in the 'if-else' block. Now on the final level you will get the outro cinematic first and only. So no drag cinematic whatever you do, and no possibility to torture the lord of the land.
    I don't consider this a bad thing. On the other levels where you don't get the outro cinematic, you'll still get the drag cinematic and still get to torture.

I'll share a new release candidate soon. Of course I'm happy to hear if anybody else has found any new bugs in the Unofficial release candidate.
    Lol, I posted my question in the other thread before I saw this :$.

Troll

After a quick look at the code, I've already come up with a couple of possibilities: 1) have a copy of the if statement that launches the torture stuff within the if statement that plays the outro. 2) Get rid of the else statements and make each if statement (except the master one) separate. That way the game should always check each of them when the level ends and not stop when one is true. Because the drag if statement originally came before the outro one, if that was true the game skips checking the if statements after that, hence no outro.
    Last edited by AdamP; July 30th, 2019 at 04:55.

I'm not seeing another question in another thread. I don't really mind that you can't torture the Lord of the Land on the final level and get to the end cinematic immediately instead. If most people do prefer to see the knight tortured on the final level, I'm happy to accept your code on making both possible.

Troll

I'm not seeing another question in another thread.
    I deleted the post.

I don't really mind that you can't torture the Lord of the Land on the final level and get to the end cinematic immediately instead. If most people do prefer to see the knight tortured on the final level, I'm happy to accept your code on making both possible.
    Only 1 of those should be sufficient to get it working (that's if I'm right; I said they were possibilities, not guarantees), and if we do end up doing so, I'd suggest trying the second one first.

But how will we know whether or not most people expect to torture the Knight? Most players don't come here. I think it's a matter of what's meant to be. That said, on Skybird Trill. it's the Avatar who's the boss really, and there's no cutscene of him being dragged to the torture room, so I don't know...

The Outro is the cutscene of the avatar getting tortured.