Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No outro

Troll

Default No outro

Hi,

I've just completed Skybird Trill on the original campaign, but I didn't get the outro. I enabled the intro to see if that disables the outro too, but still no outro. I am of course using KeeperFX Unofficial 1907. Am I missing something? Thanks.

Default Re: No outro

I'm not sure, do you have the unmodified game or did you tweak configs? I'll check later and will compare if I still have the outro, it could very well be that this is a bug introduced in r1902 (so you could see if it works ok for you in 1901).

Troll

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    I'm not sure, do you have the unmodified game or did you tweak configs? I'll check later and will compare if I still have the outro, it could very well be that this is a bug introduced in r1902 (so you could see if it works ok for you in 1901).
    Well, some of the creature configs had been modified, but I don't think anything else (apart from screen resolutions etc) have been. But it's as I suspected: it was because I had a Knight in my Prison. I have a savegame from just before I won the level, so I reloaded it and converted the Knight. I got the outro after winning the level this time. Was 1901 the version that reinstated the drag cutscene?
    Last edited by AdamP; July 24th, 2019 at 23:29.

1902 was yes.

Troll

What makes you think it might be 1901 that caused this?

It's not a game-breaking bug by any means, but I expected the torture stuff to be in addition to, not instead of, the outro (as most people would). It should still be fixed if possible.

Here's the video so you can see exactly what happened (I also still have the savegame):

Troll

And, for comparison, here is a video of me finishing the level without the Knight in my Prison and getting the outro:

Yeah, I got the idea without the video. And I of course also expected the torture video to be an addition, not a replacement of the outro video. Why I expect 1902 to be the culprit is because what you're showing is that the outro does not show up when the new video introduced in 1902 is played. And yes, I'll fix this. I doubt I can get both videos working at the same time, so I hope on the final level I can get it to show the proper one, and if not I'll have to drop the drag video alltogether.

Troll

Not sure this is serious enough to warrant getting rid of the drag cutscene altogether. It would be such a shame to do so over an issue as minor as this. If you can't get it working, maybe it could be made an experimental option or something?

I don't think the issue is that minor. If you play the game for the first time, and don't get the outro cinematic, that really sucks. Making it as an 'experimental option' sounds more difficult than getting it to work properly, but nothing is easy without a developer on board.

Troll

Well, we should be able to have both surely, for it makes more sense to me to have the outro after the level debriefing rather than before it anyway.