Thread: Minion Keeper in the works

Default Minion Keeper in the works

Being huge fans of DK & DK1, we are working on a 2D Dungeon Keeper clone called Minion Keeper: a warlord's tears. The story is simple. The good guys won and broke your heart to tiny pieces. After 20 years, you revive and claw your way to surface to piece your heart back together and take revenge.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mk.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	1947

I just put up our first Vlog about how we decided on what game to build. Our team has experience shipping titles to publishers such as EA and Activision. And while this is an indie project it will get done because we are not biting off more than we can chew. I'd love to get some feedback on what you would like to see built. And we will be looking for alpha testers in a month or so. Please have a look or come join us on discord. More soon!

https://youtu.be/589yOFQSs7k

Default Re: Minion Keeper in the works

Welcome Darrin.

I'll give you some honest feedback. I like dungeon keeper, I like 2D games and would even claim to have an above average interest in how stuff gets made. And there's a good chance I would at least be interested in whatever you'll produce here. And I tried to watch your video, but I couldn't do it.

It's exactly what you claim it to be, a video on your thought process. A video on 'how you got started making this game'. And this is not where I want to start off with, I want to know a bit about what 'this game' will be. It did not grab my attention at all. I clicked through the video twice to see if there's any info on the game itself and found none. Perhaps it's there, I did not see it. So I'll just wait and see if at some point some information about the game itself becomes available, some info about the gameplay, perhaps esthetics your going for. That would probably get me interested.

I also have no feedback on what I would like to see build at this point, because I have no frame of reference at all.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    Welcome Darrin.

I'll give you some honest feedback. I like dungeon keeper, I like 2D games and would even claim to have an above average interest in how stuff gets made. And there's a good chance I would at least be interested in whatever you'll produce here. And I tried to watch your video, but I couldn't do it.

It's exactly what you claim it to be, a video on your thought process. A video on 'how you got started making this game'. And this is not where I want to start off with, I want to know a bit about what 'this game' will be. It did not grab my attention at all. I clicked through the video twice to see if there's any info on the game itself and found none. Perhaps it's there, I did not see it. So I'll just wait and see if at some point some information about the game itself becomes available, some info about the gameplay, perhaps esthetics your going for. That would probably get me interested.

I also have no feedback on what I would like to see build at this point, because I have no frame of reference at all.
    Great feedback. I'm a bit new on making "game videos." BTW, we are looking for some alpha testers who are articulate like yourself and don't mind *very* early versions. We have one level drafted. Anyway, let me know if interested. I'd like to keep the feedback on discord or via email. I'll try to talk more about the game play in the next video. Message me if interested in testing. playfulminds (at) gmail.com

Currently we are discussing if it is too much RTS and not enough builder/sim.

Darrin

Sure, I've seen my fair share of alpha stuff. I'll click your discord link and send you an email.