Thread: New Forum Member!

Default New Forum Member!

Just thought I'd share a hello for everybody here.

I've been a huge fan of Dungeon Keeper for at least the past decade, since I was a kid it just drew me in with its style, gameplay, and humour. Over the years there have been times where I've gone back to it one or the other just to replay and remember everything I loved about the games.

So here I am, only just finding this forum through my attempts to find community created maps & mods and I haven't been disappointed. Hell I was even inspired to have a go myself and it's only been a couple of days.

I hope to be able to contribute something to this place, it's nice.
    That being said if anybody thinks it's worth pointing me in the direction of something 'essential' that I might not know about, I'd appreciate it!

Default Re: New Forum Member!

Hello. Welcome.

I'm not sure what you'd see as essential. Well, first of all you need to know that DK1 is by far the best DK game. There's also DK Mobile and DK2, and opinions are divided about which is second best. Personally I would give a slight edge to DK2.

If you want to play DK1, be sure to download KeeperFX, best to go straight to KeeperFX Unofficial and be sure to download the music so you don't need to have a disk in your CD-drive for background music.

If you're a DK2 person, you'd need to know that version 1.7 sucks and that if you are using the GOG version of the game that's patched to 1.7. Looking at the other topic you already know this, as you've already downloaded GIM, which is essential for GOG players.

Finally, there's a discord most people don't know about.

I appreciate the details! And it's less what I think, more about getting info from different people, what with everybody considering different things essential and all.

Well I'm definitely more of a DKII person but I love the first game a whole bunch too, it's always a good time.
    Unfortunately I've not been able to play the first game for a long while as I don't own it anymore. I'll be sure to keep that in mind when I inevitably get my hands back on it again though!

Oh I know. I actually came across this forum specifically looking for mods to make the AI difficult, needless to say I was not dissapointed. The combination of the GIM and something like the Kasabian campaign is insane. Hell, I've managed to lose regular skirmishes, not my proudest moments to be sure.

Ah, Discord. My favourite, time to check that out immediately.

Welcome! I myself am just recently showing back up on these forums on a new account since I forgot my old ones info, there is a lot of good people here. Special mention to Skarok and Rex since those were the two I myself talked to a lot.

Also Kasabian Campaign is fun, I just about finished my 4th playthrough of it. Always a treat to play it. Now if only Skarok could make more....winkwink. I am so used to Rex's patch at this point its hard to play base game anymore for me. Anyways enjoy your stay!