Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 LastLast

Thread: Introduction Thread

Default Re: Introduction Thread

Well met.

Imp

Oh hey, I've been a member for almost a year but never have posted.
    Well, here is my time to shine!

My name is Nicholas, and I'm 17. I first played Dungeon Keeper at a young age and was so addicted I got grounded from it for 6 years because I used to play as an imp and make the noises. I annoyed my parents to death with it.
    Since 12, I've played it quite a few times. I love the game, it's a really special one to me. I am not a big fan of DK2, as I thought it lost a lot of what made the first one special. I have WftO on steam and I think it's good, just not in the same way DK1 was.

Since last year, I've been working on becoming a game developer, and one of my first projects to help me learn some more was a clone of the original DK, which I am still working on today with the Unity Engine.

I am not at school, as I have graduated last year, so I don't do much all day. I do not have a job, and while I do have a permit, I do not have my drivers license. So, I'm kinda stuck at home so I just work on something.

I'm also a linux user, so yeah there's that.

Other than that, not much else to say. Glad to be here and I hope I stay here more than a day and not leave for almost a year. I have plans to.

Just happy that I'm not the only one loving this game in 2018.

Default New Forum Member!

Just thought I'd share a hello for everybody here.

I've been a huge fan of Dungeon Keeper for at least the past decade, since I was a kid it just drew me in with its style, gameplay, and humour. Over the years there have been times where I've gone back to it one or the other just to replay and remember everything I loved about the games.

So here I am, only just finding this forum through my attempts to find community created maps & mods and I haven't been disappointed. Hell I was even inspired to have a go myself and it's only been a couple of days.

I hope to be able to contribute something to this place, it's nice.
    That being said if anybody thinks it's worth pointing me in the direction of something 'essential' that I might not know about, I'd appreciate it!

Default Re: New Forum Member!

Hello. Welcome.

I'm not sure what you'd see as essential. Well, first of all you need to know that DK1 is by far the best DK game. There's also DK Mobile and DK2, and opinions are divided about which is second best. Personally I would give a slight edge to DK2.

If you want to play DK1, be sure to download KeeperFX, best to go straight to KeeperFX Unofficial and be sure to download the music so you don't need to have a disk in your CD-drive for background music.

If you're a DK2 person, you'd need to know that version 1.7 sucks and that if you are using the GOG version of the game that's patched to 1.7. Looking at the other topic you already know this, as you've already downloaded GIM, which is essential for GOG players.

Finally, there's a discord most people don't know about.

I appreciate the details! And it's less what I think, more about getting info from different people, what with everybody considering different things essential and all.

Well I'm definitely more of a DKII person but I love the first game a whole bunch too, it's always a good time.
    Unfortunately I've not been able to play the first game for a long while as I don't own it anymore. I'll be sure to keep that in mind when I inevitably get my hands back on it again though!

Oh I know. I actually came across this forum specifically looking for mods to make the AI difficult, needless to say I was not dissapointed. The combination of the GIM and something like the Kasabian campaign is insane. Hell, I've managed to lose regular skirmishes, not my proudest moments to be sure.

Ah, Discord. My favourite, time to check that out immediately.

Welcome! I myself am just recently showing back up on these forums on a new account since I forgot my old ones info, there is a lot of good people here. Special mention to Skarok and Rex since those were the two I myself talked to a lot.

Also Kasabian Campaign is fun, I just about finished my 4th playthrough of it. Always a treat to play it. Now if only Skarok could make more....winkwink. I am so used to Rex's patch at this point its hard to play base game anymore for me. Anyways enjoy your stay!

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: PinkieJZ

Thumbs up Re: Introduction Thread

Hi there,

My name is Johnny and 27 years old. Living together with my beautifull girlfriend. Im currently still in the army, but i want to quit asap to be a nurse. I study a nurse education right now and almost done in a few months. My hobby's are MMA, grappling and gaming. New hobby is making video's and photoshop.
    Dungeon keeper was one of the first games i have played. I watched my father played it when i was young and eventually i got permission to play it. Hooked every since haha. Still the best game to play. So much nostelgia.

I also create content on Youtube. Just started it and my intention first is to make a playlist of the campaign of DK 1 and 2. But also custum map what people makes.
    If you made a map and want to see someone playing it just give me a message. I will upload it to youtube.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLM...Lc0dDtrqNTg0tQ

It's a pity that Dungeon keeper doesn't get the attention as at needs to be. Luckly they made some look a like games, but doesn't has the same feeling with it.
    For the mods; it's a advertisment, but i hope it's okay because it's about dungeon keeper. It's a great game. And it makes more activity in the community i hope!
    Last edited by Pinkie; March 1st, 2020 at 11:39.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Sarevoking

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    Hi there,

My name is Johnny and 27 years old. Living together with my beautifull girlfriend. Im currently still in the army, but i want to quit asap to be a nurse. I study a nurse education right now and almost done in a few months. My hobby's are MMA, grappling and gaming. New hobby is making video's and phothoshop.
    Dungeon keeper was one of the first games i have played. I watched my father played it when i was young and eventually i got permission to play it. Hooked every since haha. Still the best game to play. So much nostelgia.

I also create content on Youtube. Just started it and my intention first is to make a playlist of the campaign of DK 1 and 2. But also custum map what people makes.
    If you made a map and want to see someone playing it just give me a message. I will upload it to youtube.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLM...Lc0dDtrqNTg0tQ

It's a pity that Dungeon keeper doesn't get the attension as at needs to be. Luckly they made some look a like games, but doesn't has the same feeling with it.
    For the mods; it's a advertisment, but i hope it's okay because it's about dungeon keeper. It's a great game. And it makes more activity in the community i hope!
    Hey Pinkie,

I suggest you take a look at these maps and this campaign. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!. I'll watch your videos if you upload it!

https://keeperklan.com/threads/4528-...-worth-playing

https://keeperklan.com/threads/7050-...st-isle-(2019)

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: PinkieJZ

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevok View Post
    Hey Pinkie,

I suggest you take a look at these maps and this campaign. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!. I'll watch your videos if you upload it!

https://keeperklan.com/threads/4528-...-worth-playing

https://keeperklan.com/threads/7050-...st-isle-(2019)
    Looking pretty interesting! I looking forward to do it. Thanks for the link.

Imp

Hey Keepers,

I'm a 30yo french developer and fan of DK1 since ~98. Every year I've this nostalgic habit of redoing the main campaign, each time faster than the previous one
    The official release of KeeperFX 0.4.8 convinced me to join the community and see if I could help in any way.