Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Npc Keeper problem

Default Npc Keeper problem

Latly i have traying to make lvls wite NPC keepers and wen i entered the lvl i created i saw the keepers doing nothing acting complectly like GOLEMS. So i decided to change them a littel and teach the golems a cupple of keeper triks, for exemple: tryed to make them STOP slapig they creatures tryed to make the build strong rooms like combat pit before taking over the portal tryed to make the more agresive/defensive and etch... Gues waht? NOTHIGN WORKED!! Still GOLEMS only now the build totally random rooms orders like training room in the start and the workshop they never build hatchery!!!! And they are friking slow!!!! I really need your halp guys i was in the old forum and saw meny keepers crying for halp on this issue i am sure this will halp many pleyers so pleas! i wanna see feedbacks!!! THx ahead

Default Re: Npc Keeper problem

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper_Infernal View Post
    Lately I have been trying to make levels with NPC keepers and when I entered the level I created I saw the keepers doing nothing, acting completely like GOLEMS. So I decided to change them a little and teach the golems a couple of keeper tricks, for example: I tried to make them STOP slapping their creatures and I tried to make them build strong rooms like the combat pit before taking over the portal, and I tried to make them more aggresive/defensive and etc... Guess what? NOTHING WORKED!! They're still GOLEMS only now, they build rooms in a totally random order like a training room in the start and the workshop and they never build a hatchery!!!! And they are fricking slow!!!! I really need your help guys, I was in the old forum and saw many keepers crying for help on this issue and I am sure this will help many players so please! I wanna see feedback!!! Thanks ahead
    Are you using version 1.7? If so, try 1.3 or 1.51, they seem to have a lot better AI.

The Awakening

Yes but then i will not be abel to create lvls,atract elits,Enjoy from looking on my land after wining and alot more of crap...

It's the "either or situation", sorry. Something that is called the "opportunity cost". Weigh all +and- of thise versions and choose what you want, a lame 1.7 or a stable 1.3-1.5
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif

Look the situation is not like you think there IS a wey to solve thing how do i know? cuz in some lvls keepers are smarter and ion oters they are newborn GOLEMS so there have to be a solution. and beside, why bullfrog will create and editor that has the options to change keeper behavior (behavior right? ) for anoter reason the to change keeper behavior? i suggest we all try to research more about this issu cuz its a very importent one! it cen change meny newbie lvls of newbie editors into an actual fun lvl! ill be expecting more feedbacks here.

(beetwing ill be glad if you will put here a link to the download of the game allready patched to 1.51 its will be VERY HARD to finde a patch from 1.7 to 1.51 Thx ahead )

Look the situation is not like you think there IS a wey to solve thing how do i know? cuz in some lvls keepers are smarter and ion oters they are newborn GOLEMS so there have to be a solution. and beside, why bullfrog will create and editor that has the options to change keeper behavior (behavior right? ) for anoter reason the to change keeper behavior? i suggest we all try to research more about this issu cuz its a very importent one! it cen change meny newbie lvls of newbie editors into an actual fun lvl! ill be expecting more feedbacks here.
    I'm sorry, but I can't read that.

(beetwing ill be glad if you will put here a link to the download of the game allready patched to 1.51 its will be VERY HARD to finde a patch from 1.7 to 1.51 Thx ahead )
    You can download DK2 v1.3 here.
    Additionally, here it says how you can convert maps from v1.7 to v1.3.

The Awakening

Why Bullfrog would create an editor that has the options to change keeper behavior (behaviour right? ) for any other reason then to change keeper behaviour?
    I would assume it is because DK2 and the level editor are not entirely finished pieces of software. From what I understand it was quite rushed somewhere in development, and as a result a lot of stuff that was going to be included was never finished.
    I suggest we all try to research more about this issue, cuz its a very importent one! It could change many newbie levels of newbie editors into an actual fun level! I'll be expecting more feedbacks here.
    Quite a lot of research has been done, and is still being done as far as I know, but its not a very easy thing to do I would a imagine, since a lot of stuff is still unreadble or just hard to get to :/
    Mentor: "You remove your own heart, fortify it behind stonewalls, deadly traps, and then rely heavily on beings you create yourself. Even psychoanalysts lack words for just how absurdly emo you areā€¦"

I've been looking for a way to improve AI for 2 years. I managed to find solutions to some of the things in DK, but AI is still beyond me. Maybe with Tomix we'll find something out.
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Okay, if you play a Skirmish or Multiplayer game, all the maps will use the GLOBAL AI DATA that is stored in the executable because you have no choice to use one of the preprogrammed AI Keepers in the menu.

If you want to alter the AI of Keepers in a level by using the level editor, you must run the level by using the -LEVEL command line. This will force the game to use the settings you had set instead.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Question Re: Npc Keeper problem

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLover View Post
    Okay, if you play a Skirmish or Multiplayer game, all the maps will use the GLOBAL AI DATA that is stored in the executable because you have no choice to use one of the preprogrammed AI Keepers in the menu.

If you want to alter the AI of Keepers in a level by using the level editor, you must run the level by using the -LEVEL command line. This will force the game to use the settings you had set instead.
    Okey.. so what do you want me to do?