Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: Veteran Version of Official Campaign

  
  1. #21

    Default Re: Veteran Version of Official Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Crafty View Post

    On level 2 there is a big hero party that patrols around your base, try not to have more than one entry point to your base so the heroes don't use it as a shortcut.
    I'am aware of that hero party but the dwarfs breach my Dungeon on their own even if I have not dig the path to the Portal and once that wall to my Dungeon is open, the hero party enters like it's free real estate.

    I played that level with the 1.7 as well as the 1.51 which does not crash in level 2.

  2. #22

    Default Re: Veteran Version of Official Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    GIM has the elites.
    Ah, ok good.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mannoroht View Post
    I'am aware of that hero party but the dwarfs breach my Dungeon on their own even if I have not dig the path to the Portal and once that wall to my Dungeon is open, the hero party enters like it's free real estate.

    I played that level with the 1.7 as well as the 1.51 which does not crash in level 2.
    There is a hero party that attacks early, and if you haven't made a reachable path to your dungeon heart the dwarfs of course make their own. You're safe to claim your portal and not be harassed by the large patrol, you of course will eventually be attacked by timed hero parties though.

    I'll have to do some tinkering with 1.51 on level 1 then since it does not crash on level 2.
    My Dungeon Keeper 2 Campaigns

    Veteran Campaign
    A New League - Coop Campaign
    The Forgotten One - An Elite Campaign

    My Twitch Where I Stream DK2 Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

    https://www.twitch.tv/justcrafty

  3. #23

    Default Re: Veteran Version of Official Campaign

    I recorded two short videos of level 2 (patch 1.51 but exact same happens with 1.7) to show you my problem.

    In the first video I claim the portal very early and play sort of like I normally would.

    In the second video I build my rooms first before claiming the portal but then the bug where the game thinks I breached Lord Darius' walls happens out of nowhere (at minute 1:34).

    Besides that I also tried level 2 with my 1.3 version of the game but it seems like that level is old compared to the 1.7 version because the path north of the portal is closed by walls (or maybe that's exactly why that one hero party invades my Dungeon?

    First video here
    Second video here
    Last edited by Mannoroht; May 2nd, 2021 at 00:41.

  4. #24

    Default Re: Veteran Version of Official Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Mannoroht View Post
    I recorded two short videos of level 2 (patch 1.51 but exact same happens with 1.7) to show you my problem.

    In the first video I claim the portal very early and play sort of like I normally would.

    In the second video I build my rooms first before claiming the portal but then the bug where the game thinks I breached Lord Darius' walls happens out of nowhere (at minute 1:34).

    Besides that I also tried level 2 with my 1.3 version of the game but it seems like that level is old compared to the 1.7 version because the path north of the portal is closed by walls (or maybe that's exactly why that one hero party invades my Dungeon?

    First video here
    Second video here
    Thanks for creating a video for me to visually see! I was able to identify the problem with the early high-level parties attacking you. An interesting bug caused by spawning the same hero party twice, at two different objectives, apparently this breaks the AI into defaulting to attacking the player.
    I've uploaded the fix for this, you'll have to redownload the campaign and you should be good to go for level 2! Please let me know if you encounter any more bugs!

    Now for the bug that occurs in the second video, I have no idea why it is doing that... I even tried replicating it like in the video and couldn't achieve the same outcome. Does this happen in both 1.7 and 1.51?

    P.S. I forgot to mention that version 1.3 is VERY outdated for all levels. I will not convert the remaining levels or updated the current levels for 1.3 until I am 100% finished with this campaign project. But feel free to convert them yourself if you prefer 1.3!
    Last edited by Crafty; May 2nd, 2021 at 02:05.
    My Dungeon Keeper 2 Campaigns

    Veteran Campaign
    A New League - Coop Campaign
    The Forgotten One - An Elite Campaign

    My Twitch Where I Stream DK2 Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

    https://www.twitch.tv/justcrafty

  5. #25

    Default Re: Veteran Version of Official Campaign

    Just tested the level and it works much better now.

    Thanks for taking the time to update the map!

  6. #26

    Default Re: Veteran Version of Official Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Mannoroht View Post
    Just tested the level and it works much better now.

    Thanks for taking the time to update the map!
    Great! Happy to fix bugs to make the levels playable.

    Level 6a has been updated! Check the first post for more details relating to level changes!
    Last edited by Crafty; May 3rd, 2021 at 23:16.
    My Dungeon Keeper 2 Campaigns

    Veteran Campaign
    A New League - Coop Campaign
    The Forgotten One - An Elite Campaign

    My Twitch Where I Stream DK2 Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

    https://www.twitch.tv/justcrafty

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 90
    Last Post: January 6th, 2021, 03:49
  2. Preview of my custom Campaign, The Barbarian Campaign
    By darkkingkongman in forum DK1 Maps
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: August 21st, 2020, 12:42
  3. Updated (harder) official campaign
    By drubjak in forum DK2 Maps
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: October 19th, 2014, 20:15
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: July 5th, 2012, 17:00

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •