Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Veteran Version of Official Campaign

Default Re: Veteran Version of Official Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty View Post

On level 2 there is a big hero party that patrols around your base, try not to have more than one entry point to your base so the heroes don't use it as a shortcut.
    I'am aware of that hero party but the dwarfs breach my Dungeon on their own even if I have not dig the path to the Portal and once that wall to my Dungeon is open, the hero party enters like it's free real estate.

I played that level with the 1.7 as well as the 1.51 which does not crash in level 2.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    GIM has the elites.
    Ah, ok good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mannoroht View Post
    I'am aware of that hero party but the dwarfs breach my Dungeon on their own even if I have not dig the path to the Portal and once that wall to my Dungeon is open, the hero party enters like it's free real estate.

I played that level with the 1.7 as well as the 1.51 which does not crash in level 2.
    There is a hero party that attacks early, and if you haven't made a reachable path to your dungeon heart the dwarfs of course make their own. You're safe to claim your portal and not be harassed by the large patrol, you of course will eventually be attacked by timed hero parties though.

I'll have to do some tinkering with 1.51 on level 1 then since it does not crash on level 2.
    My Dungeon Keeper 2 Campaigns

Veteran Campaign
    A New League - Coop Campaign
    The Forgotten One - An Elite Campaign

My Twitch Where I Stream DK2 Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

https://www.twitch.tv/justcrafty

I recorded two short videos of level 2 (patch 1.51 but exact same happens with 1.7) to show you my problem.

In the first video I claim the portal very early and play sort of like I normally would.

In the second video I build my rooms first before claiming the portal but then the bug where the game thinks I breached Lord Darius' walls happens out of nowhere (at minute 1:34).

Besides that I also tried level 2 with my 1.3 version of the game but it seems like that level is old compared to the 1.7 version because the path north of the portal is closed by walls (or maybe that's exactly why that one hero party invades my Dungeon?

First video here
    Second video here
    Last edited by Mannoroht; May 2nd, 2021 at 01:41.

I recorded two short videos of level 2 (patch 1.51 but exact same happens with 1.7) to show you my problem.

In the first video I claim the portal very early and play sort of like I normally would.

In the second video I build my rooms first before claiming the portal but then the bug where the game thinks I breached Lord Darius' walls happens out of nowhere (at minute 1:34).

Besides that I also tried level 2 with my 1.3 version of the game but it seems like that level is old compared to the 1.7 version because the path north of the portal is closed by walls (or maybe that's exactly why that one hero party invades my Dungeon?

First video here
    Second video here
    Thanks for creating a video for me to visually see! I was able to identify the problem with the early high-level parties attacking you. An interesting bug caused by spawning the same hero party twice, at two different objectives, apparently this breaks the AI into defaulting to attacking the player.
    I've uploaded the fix for this, you'll have to redownload the campaign and you should be good to go for level 2! Please let me know if you encounter any more bugs!

Now for the bug that occurs in the second video, I have no idea why it is doing that... I even tried replicating it like in the video and couldn't achieve the same outcome. Does this happen in both 1.7 and 1.51?

P.S. I forgot to mention that version 1.3 is VERY outdated for all levels. I will not convert the remaining levels or updated the current levels for 1.3 until I am 100% finished with this campaign project. But feel free to convert them yourself if you prefer 1.3!
    Last edited by Crafty; May 2nd, 2021 at 03:05.

Veteran Campaign

Just tested the level and it works much better now.

Thanks for taking the time to update the map!

Just tested the level and it works much better now.

Thanks for taking the time to update the map!
    Great! Happy to fix bugs to make the levels playable.

Level 6a has been updated! Check the first post for more details relating to level changes!
    Secret Level One Has been updated!

Level 7 has been updated! Check the first post under level 7 changes to read the update! I will note here that stone knights have been fixed!!
    Last edited by Crafty; June 3rd, 2021 at 21:52.

Veteran Campaign

Level 12 is now live! If you'd like to learn about changes please refer to the first post under "Level 12 Changes"
    I will note that the level has been remade from scratch!

Veteran Campaign

I can't pass the third map, it's too hard

Quote Originally Posted by dozorcalochu View Post
    I can't pass the third map, it's too hard
    It is a difficult map, but it is beatable. I advise you to take out the hero portal to the bottom right ASAP. Once you seal off that hero portal you won't become overrun by hero parties. But you will once again be on a timer, as you will have to close down the two hero parties in front of the cowardly lord's fortress or you will be overrun by their reinforcements.

Veteran Campaign

Levels 4, 6b, 11, and 12 have been updated with sophisticated, reactive, and unique AI designs/scripts for an enjoyable battle against all current AI Keepers in the Veteran Campaign levels!
    All thanks to fellow map maker Quuz who implemented this, along with some of his own unique creations
    P.S. Quuz also fixed a bug on level 7 that caused a critical error when attempting to load a saved game.
    Last edited by Crafty; February 10th, 2023 at 06:02.

Veteran Campaign