Thread: 50+ new maps for 2 players coop

Default 50+ new maps for 2 players coop

Hi keepers,
    below you find 51 new designed and tested maps for two human players against computer (always two NPCs). So you need a network, two players with identical DK2-installations (find below our tested configuration), and add two comps as opponents (difficulty "conqueror").

I hope I was able to implement a few fresh ideas for maps, so hopefully there will be one or two surprises to discover. I adapted two maps from elsewhere for coop-gaming, namely "Patrol" und "Platform". So not really made by me, with kudos to the unknown creators.
    Difficulty varies from middle to hard, especially 12, 21 and 41 should be hard to beat. #50 comes in two variations, as 50.1 is a bit easier and comes faster to an end.

- tested with GOG-Version 1.7 with GIM DKII General Improvement Mod v1.05 (DK2V1.5)
    - our command line: "C:\GOG Games\Dungeon Keeper 2\DKII.EXE" "-32bitdisplay -32bittextures -nointmouse -disablegamma -32biteverything -enablebumpmapping -enablebumpluminance"
    - we also use dgVoodoo and had good experiences with it, but your mileage may vary.

Where are the files? Here: Dk2Coop3.zip

What's more? Have fun!
    Last edited by falaffel; December 15th, 2023 at 13:29.

Default Re: 50+ new maps for 2 players coop

I somehow overlooked your post. No idea how that could have happened. Luckily it's Christmas and I don't have to work. I'll have enough time to play DKII.

I say THANK YOU in advance!

Thank you! Of course, I made this maps for my spouse and me, but I am glad if other DK-fans have fun with them. Enjoy the holidays!

I am very happy that even 24 years after the release of Dungen Keeper 2 there are still fans who create new maps. I bought my first PC in 1998 and DKII was, if I'm not mistaken, my very first PC game. And I still love playing it.