Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Veteran Version of Official Campaign

Default Re: Veteran Version of Official Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty View Post
    Levels 4, 6b, 11, and 12 have been updated with sophisticated, reactive, and unique AI designs/scripts for an enjoyable battle against all current AI Keepers in the Veteran Campaign levels!

As soon as I find a bit of time for it, I will jump into it.

Is this only this campaign or lightning spell has cooldown in version 1.7 ?
    I just remember I was able to cast it without any cooldown when I played a ~10 years ago.

Found it the hard way - it is a veteran mod)

But it's nice, hard, not for "everyday keeper enjoying mode", but nice.
    One thing I would like to ask is update a little description on the main page so people can see clearly that Version 1.3 is outdated (If I read it wright through this tread) Since the description suggest otherwise (to use 1.3 instead of 1.7) or I misunderstood something?
    Last edited by max121; October 18th, 2023 at 21:43.

Quote Originally Posted by max121 View Post
    One thing I would like to ask is update a little description on the main page so people can see clearly that Version 1.3 is outdated (If I read it wright through this tread) Since the description suggest otherwise (to use 1.3 instead of 1.7) or I misunderstood something?
    You want version 1.3 because - even though it is older - it is still the better version of DK2.

Traditionally 1.3 is better than 1.7, but it has not been updated and only contains a fraction of the current levels released with no updates for this campaign.
    The AI for 1.7 in this specific campaign has been fixed and responds well to player actions thanks to another user named Quuz. He has done countless hours of testing and improving the AI, giving a good challenge compared to vanilla AI in 1.3.
    I definitely recommend version 1.7, but as YourMaster stated 1.3 is more desirable in almost all instances, just not for my campaigns due to unique custom-built AI for each level featuring AI Keepers.
    My Dungeon Keeper 2 Campaigns

Veteran Campaign
    A New League - Coop Campaign
    The Forgotten One - An Elite Campaign

My Twitch Where I Stream DK2 Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

https://www.twitch.tv/justcrafty

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: impboy44 Steam ID: impboy44

You're forgetting the other important version - 1.51. Your Veteran Campaign is compatible with the GIM patch which also has the good AI prior to 1.7.

Thanks for explanation about 1.3 and 1.7

Managed to beat the third level so far. An opportunity to destroy the final portal BEFORE killing the lord Avaricious is priceless!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (1013).png 
Views:	35 
Size:	2.42 MB 
ID:	2451

Level 4
    I would say that the rogue Keeper is even more interesting than the rest of the level (basically anything that located north of our main portal).
    During the first run of this level, when you found a "secret item" that reveal the map, I couldn't think but notice that the "rogue" Keeper infinite "Geam Seam".
    Well, Couldn't resist to try to get it, but it came out that after you defeat the enemy Keeper, the Geam Seam converted to the regular gold. So... figuring out the best way of keeping Keeper alive in the same time, making him "harmless", in the same time, deling with constant spamming Heroes from the left portal took me a while, but it was worth it)
    Now infinite gold is in my possession)

Name:	Screenshot (1020).png 
Views:	27 
Size:	2.68 MB 
ID:	2457

By the way, about "possession" - level became basically much easier when you steal spells from the enemy Keeper - just possession spell and Horny call are enough to do the rest of the job with the Lord. Of course nobody "force" you to use them, but still disarming enemy Keeper is much easier with this "theft" as well.
    Last edited by max121; November 2nd, 2023 at 14:02.

Hey hey, awesome work, really appriciate this, but i hava a big fucking problem with the secret level. Every time when i invade/or just scroll over the map onto the outpost in the left corner, my game crashes instanly, every single time... I play the GOG Version and have no clue what to do here

Quote Originally Posted by max121 View Post
    Thanks for explanation about 1.3 and 1.7

Managed to beat the third level so far. An opportunity to destroy the final portal BEFORE killing the lord Avaricious is priceless!

Name:	Screenshot (1013).png 
Views:	35 
Size:	2.42 MB 
ID:	2451

Level 4
    I would say that the rogue Keeper is even more interesting than the rest of the level (basically anything that located north of our main portal).
    During the first run of this level, when you found a "secret item" that reveal the map, I couldn't think but notice that the "rogue" Keeper infinite "Geam Seam".
    Well, Couldn't resist to try to get it, but it came out that after you defeat the enemy Keeper, the Geam Seam converted to the regular gold. So... figuring out the best way of keeping Keeper alive in the same time, making him "harmless", in the same time, deling with constant spamming Heroes from the left portal took me a while, but it was worth it)
    Now infinite gold is in my possession)

Name:	Screenshot (1020).png 
Views:	27 
Size:	2.68 MB 
ID:	2457

By the way, about "possession" - level became basically much easier when you steal spells from the enemy Keeper - just possession spell and Horny call are enough to do the rest of the job with the Lord. Of course nobody "force" you to use them, but still disarming enemy Keeper is much easier with this "theft" as well.

I never thought about someone doing this, I am impressed! I always enjoy the unique ways players discover how to play the level out. A good way to work around the trigger of the gem being turned into gold once the keeper is slain
    I will add new triggers however, if the player mines from the gem the heroes will not remain idly by in their castle...

Quote Originally Posted by Kuddel View Post
    Hey hey, awesome work, really appriciate this, but i hava a big fucking problem with the secret level. Every time when i invade/or just scroll over the map onto the outpost in the left corner, my game crashes instanly, every single time... I play the GOG Version and have no clue what to do here

Hey, glad you are enjoying the campaign. I will investigate what is causing the crashing, from my experience it could be one of several things. Either there are too many creatures alive at once, or the room limit of 100 has been surpassed causing a crash. Does it only crash when you move the cursor to the bottom left of the map? With the fog of war or no fog of war? Does it do this at the start or after you have made progression on the map else where?
    Last edited by Crafty; November 4th, 2023 at 23:26.

Veteran Campaign

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty View Post
    Hey, glad you are enjoying the campaign. I will investigate what is causing the crashing, from my experience it could be one of several things. Either there are too many creatures alive at once, or the room limit of 100 has been surpassed causing a crash. Does it only crash when you move the cursor to the bottom left of the map? With the fog of war or no fog of war? Does it do this at the start or after you have made progression on the map else where?
    That sounds like room limit yes.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuddel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    That sounds like room limit yes.
    Yes, that's exactly what it is. I went to play the map and had no crashing issues.

Kuddel, if your save still works you can load it and delete captured rooms/bridges to help reduce your total room count. This is causing the crashing, if you manage to drop the room count below the 100 limit you will no longer experience any crashing. Unless of course the limit is exceeded again.

Veteran Campaign