Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A New League - Coop Campaign

Default A New League - Coop Campaign

This will be the start of a coop campaign I decided to make alongside my Veteran Campaign of the official DK2 campaign.

This campaign will consist of freshly made new maps that are 100% unique along with a new original story. The story revolves around a newly found keeper league by two keepers
    named Vacilian and Drespal. I will warn you, much like my recreation of the official campaign, this campaign is for experienced players only!
    This campaign will not be easy, as you will soon find out as you play the first level. If it wasn't obvious enough, this campaign is meant to be played by two real players, not just by yourself with AI.
    I haven't tested if it works with AI since it is meant for two actual players, but I set it to appear in skirmish mode. You're more than welcome to try it out with AI if you have no one to play with.

Note: I may convert this campaign in the near future to be playable by solo users, that way everybody can enjoy the campaign.

Story:

It's been centuries since the last great war, and the time has come for a new one.

We've had everything taken from us 300 years ago when we lost the war to the rival Keepers and the goodly forces. Now it is our time to take the realms for ourselves. It will not be an easy
    task, we will have to take down rival Keepers, eliminate hero threats, and deal with traitors along the way. But the Gorgamash realm shall be ours in the end. Myself, newly made Keeper Vacillian with the help of my peer Drespal
    shall conquer the lands, killing all who stand in our way, and those who oppose us will carry the same fate. We shall find new allies along the way, along with new struggles, challenging rival Keepers, and many goodly heroes.
    For the goodly heroes have been prospering due to the allegiance they've made with the rival Keepers The Darkins, making sure their pet Keepers protect them from any outside threats. But they shall fall by our own hands, they all will...

Level 1: Goldshire

Story Objective:

"To begin our hostile takeover we first must eliminate the goodly hero of Goldshire.
    For this newly found league to be successful, we will need gold to fund our campaign - which we shall acquire once the hero is dead in this land."

Kill the Goodly Lord Verro in order to secure this land.

Sub-Objective:

None

Rewards:

Workshop
    Sentry Trap
    Wooden Door

Available Rooms:

Lair, Hatchery, Library, Training Room

Available Creatures:

Goblin, Warlock

Spells:

Create Imp

Traps:

None

Doors:

None

Level 2: Riverrun

Story Objective:

"It turns out Goldshire was nothing but the remains of an empty, dried-out husk. The goodly heroes bled the land dry of its riches that are much needed for our campaign.
    Now we must travel to Riverrun, a land swallowed by water and the goodly heroes. This caravan, however, holds the gold we sought in Goldshire, it appears we'll have to kill for our gold.
    Be wary though, keepers, for the goodly heroes know you're here and will attack very soon for when their forces are ready!"

Kill the goodly lord Arthas in order to secure this land and riches.

Sub-Objective:

This land holds two lieutenants that are overseeing the mining operations. They're drawves have found artifacts while digging for gold and are getting ready to transport it out of this realm.
    Find them in the south, kill them, and take their goodly artifacts and use it against them!

Kill the lieutenants to secure the artifacts and killing the goodly lord that much easier.

Rewards:

Heal
    Barricade
    Guard Room
    Prison
    Spike Trap
    Wooden Bridge

Available Rooms:

Lair, Hatchery, Training Room, Treasury, Library, Workshop

Available Creatures:

Goblin, Warlock, Troll

Spells:

Create Imp, Thunderbolt

Traps:

Sentry Trap

Doors:

Wooden Door

Level 3: Highland

Story Objective:

"Now that we've secured enough gold to take on the goodly heroes directly, we go to 'Highland' to eliminate threats to our league.
    Here we must kill two of their High Templars before they give us problems in the near future, but we're not the only ones here. A rival league is also here, seeking the riches the templars hold on to.
    These riches are the very ones the goodly heroes of 'Riverrun' were extracting and transporting. Now we will take them for ourselves while weakening their future plans! "

Kill the two High Templars, along with the two rival Keepers Darthe, and Lyela from The Hellish League to secure this land.

Sub-Objective:

"Take out the small hero outposts to prevent goodly hero reinforcements from helping the High Templars."

Rewards:

Torture Chamber
    Braced Door
    Freeze Trap
    Call To Arms

Available Rooms:

Lair, Hatchery, Training Room, Treasury, Library, Workshop, Prison, Guard Room, Wooden Bridge

Available Creatures:

Goblin, Warlock, Troll, Dark Elf

Spells:

Create Imp, Thunderbolt, Heal

Traps:

Sentry Trap, Spike Trap

Doors:

Wooden Door, Barricade

Level 4: Hellfire

Story Objective:

"Now with the High Templars dead, we march to Hellfire to kill off Lord Arthur, along with his captains and generals that hide in his castle.
    Be wary though, keepers, for they have taken your portals, and have reinforcements on stand by if you are able to claim them back!"

Sub-Objective:

"Kill the Stone Knight Captains east and west and close their hero portals to prevent reinforcements from aiding the goodly lord in this land"

Rewards:

Combat Pit
    Steel Door
    Fear Trap

Available Rooms:

Lair, Hatchery, Training Room, Treasury, Library, Workshop, Prison, Guard Room, Wooden Bridge

Available Creatures:

Goblin, Warlock, Troll, Dark Elf, Salamanders

Spells:

Create Imp, Thunderbolt, Heal, Call To Arms

Traps:

Sentry Trap, Spike Trap, Freeze Trap

Doors:

Wooden Door, Barricade, Braced Door

Level 5: Heresy

Story Objective:

"We've received word that the realm King of the north has sought aid from rival keepers. The rival keepers have supplied the king with a legion of Dark Angels, attempting to revive the fallen lords you've slain through the dark arts.
    We must kill the King, and his new legion of Dark Angels before all our work is undone, along with our new league.
    Kill the King's elder sons to gain access to him and his newfound aid."

Sub-Objective:

"Close off all hero patrols to prevent the King's reinforcement from overwhelming you.
    Find our scouts that were captured and locked in the dungeons."

Rewards:

None

Available Rooms:

Lair, Hatchery, Training Room, Treasury, Library, Workshop, Prison, Guard Room, Wooden Bridge, Combat Pit, Torture Chamber

Available Creatures:

Goblin, Warlock, Troll, Dark Elf, Black Knights, Bile Demons, Mistress

Spells:

Create Imp, Thunderbolt, Heal, Call To Arms

Traps:

Sentry Trap, Spike Trap, Freeze Trap, Fear Trap

Doors:

Wooden Door, Barricade, Braced Door, Steel Door

Update Notes: Made several changes to all levels, significantly lowering the difficulty. Lots of rebalancing done through several days of testing, maps are overall more casual-friendly.
    Don't worry though, the levels are still very punishing. I also fixed a lot of bugs!

Second Update: Significantly increased difficulty curve for the first two levels, along with many bug fixes. Both levels were too easy later in the game.

Third Update: Significantly increased difficulty curve for level 3, along with many bug fixes. Additionally, increased general difficulty due to being too easy in the later stages.

WARNING: I've discovered that built-in map settings related to creatures/rooms/traps/spells and doors only work on 1.3.
    On 1.7 however, they do not work at all. So I HIGHLY SUGGEST using the info on here for each level to adjust the game settings accordingly in order to play the map the way it is meant to be played!
    ALSO, I've discovered you can not add enemy keeper AI on 1.3 multiplayer. This means in order to play against Keeper AI on specific levels you must play on version 1.7.
    I know, this is very sad and unfortunate, but if you use the GiM patch at least the AI somewhat works...

Version 1.3:
    Download ANL Coop Campaign

Version 1.7:
    Download ANL Coop Campaign

Please provide feedback with any problems encountered, or if a specific level is simply unbeatable.
    If players are struggling to beat a specific map, I will add hints on this post to the respective level.
    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Crafty; April 5th, 2020 at 18:03.

Default Re: A New League - Coop Campaign

Hello to this Campaign. Played 1, 2 and 3 all alone with Computer AI. This way You can't win the 3rd map because I think you need to destroy the most left 4 hero portals. I couldn't destroy the leftlowest 2 portals which I think is because I had no ally. Blue Computer ally-heart was destroyed by the enemy. I destroyed everything else, also the 2 enemy-keepers on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by emil View Post
    Hello to this Campaign. Played 1, 2 and 3 all alone with Computer AI. This way You can't win the 3rd map because I think you need to destroy the most left 4 hero portals. I couldn't destroy the leftlowest 2 portals which I think is because I had no ally. Blue Computer ally-heart was destroyed by the enemy. I destroyed everything else, also the 2 enemy-keepers on the right.
    Hello, these maps are intended to be played with another human ally. The hero portals you're mentioning on level 3 won't break because your ally is intended to claim the tiles around them causing the hero portals to be destroyed.
    I did eventually plan on creating a singleplayer version with an AI keeper as an ally for these maps, but haven't gotten around to it, if I ever will LOL
    My Dungeon Keeper 2 Campaigns

Veteran Campaign
    A New League - Coop Campaign
    The Forgotten One - An Elite Campaign

My Twitch Where I Stream DK2 Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

https://www.twitch.tv/justcrafty

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty View Post
    I haven't tested if it works with AI since it is meant for two actual players, but I set it to appear in skirmish mode. You're more than welcome to try it out with AI if you have no one to play with.!
    So I tried and gave feedback.

So I tried and gave feedback.
    Thanks, appreciated! Also, good luck attempting the later levels with keeper AI

Veteran Campaign

Well, I've got bad luck now with the 4th mission. I just encountered the stone knights on both sides but couldn't do any damage to them. But that's not the main problem. Right now the game keeps crashing exactly on the next payday no matter what I do.
    My tactic until here was to torture the goodly units in my torture room, so I've got about 20 goodly units. The 2 portals are still owned by the enemy. Any idea what could cause the same crash every time?

Well, I've got bad luck now with the 4th mission. I just encountered the stone knights on both sides but couldn't do any damage to them. But that's not the main problem. Right now the game keeps crashing exactly on the next payday no matter what I do.
    My tactic until here was to torture the goodly units in my torture room, so I've got about 20 goodly units. The 2 portals are still owned by the enemy. Any idea what could cause the same crash every time?
    Hmm, I don't recall having this problem when I played. It always crashes when the 2nd payday clocks in?

P.S. I'll fix the stone knights being untargetable.
    Last edited by Crafty; October 18th, 2021 at 21:30.

Veteran Campaign

It happens exactly when the new payday dawns. It's not the 2nd payday. I think I played at least for half an hour on this mission. I could try to start the mission from the beginning to see if it happens again at a certain time. (Playing with GIM)

It happens exactly when the new payday dawns. It's not the 2nd payday. I think I played at least for half an hour on this mission. I could try to start the mission from the beginning to see if it happens again at a certain time. (Playing with GIM)
    Hmm try starting over and see if the same error occurs. I have updated level 4 with fixed stone knights that are now targetable and gave them new abilities. Also added a few secret areas.

Veteran Campaign

Thanks! I'll try that and report then.