Thread: Onslaught

Imp
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CartoonPower Steam ID: 76561198173098078

Default Onslaught

Ive been making maps for a while but it wasn't until recently that I discovered the dungeon keeper discord and got back into it. I was going through my old maps and found one that I think is decently challenging, and worth playing. Forgive the weird text at the beginning of it, I made the level for me and my brother to play. If you play it please tell me what you think of it I'm eager to hear how I did try to make maps only aided by the editor manual. also FYI this is my first post. Ive had an account on here but it got deleted since I never made a post on it so I hope I did this right.onslaught.zip

Default Re: Onslaught

Well, welcome back.

Haven't played your map yet, but I already have some feedback for you:

1) You misspelled 'THIEF' a lot, that makes them not be added to your party
    2) You can only add 7 units to a party. No more.
    3) There are two ENDIF commands just walking free in your script, could cause issues.
    4) No need to use '_' as space in the information/objective messages. I would replace it with easy to read text.
    5) It's better to use a 'QUICK_OBJECTIVE' instead of a 'QUICK_INFORMATION' command for your objective, so people keep it for later: QUICK_OBJECTIVE(1,"text here",ALL_PLAYERS)
    6) There are huge parties of heroes between you and the gold up north. For future maps it might be wise to add something so that people don't dig in and die right away.
    Last edited by YourMaster; November 12th, 2019 at 23:39.

Imp
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CartoonPower Steam ID: 76561198173098078

Oh I didn't realize the thief problem I'll fix that
    Huh, didn't know about any more than 7 units Ill have to adjust
    I'll try to delete those random ENDIFs
    I was having trouble with the game displaying it if I didn't put those, but I will fix it and use QUICK_OBJECTIVE
    Yes, the heros are there on purpose in between you and the gold, it is a challenging level.
    Thank you so much for your feedback I'll edit the level, or at least try. Remember I made this a while back and it was my first attempt at using hero parties.

Also if you do decide to play it Ive tested it and it's possible, I made sure of that. Once again Thanks I love making maps, and feedback helps a lot.

I will release a better version after I go back and refine it.

Hi there ! I took a try at your map and looked at the script as there are some errors and misspelled word like the thief. Is the party of level 6 archers and the level 7 giant is attended to spawn right at the start of the level ?

It could be a good thing if you wanted to make the player rush his fortifications, but when i first tried i dont think its possible to make a quick digging around golds to have them while securing the dungeon before they arrive.

So it's just my guess here but judging what is on the script i think you want them to spawn when the player have 12 and more creatures and not less.

i change and corrected myself some parts as i want to see if the level becomes playable after as the map itself seems interesting kinda like the campaign level where heroes will come from for sides pretty quickly.

Also you don't have to use a _ after each word on a message , in game it was hard to read and hurt a bit the eyes, ( dont take the eye part to seriously it's just an issue i have on my side XD) Oh and you might want to make more space beetween lines and events so it's easier to understand and clearer.

For the heroes where there is gold you should consider giving a sign for the player, like a message telling them to take care where they dig and listen for footsteps and such or making the map having something that will give a hint.
    Last edited by KORO SAUCE; July 28th, 2020 at 15:10.