Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: The Forgotten One - An Elite Campaign

Imp

Default Re: The Forgotten One - An Elite Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty View Post
    On the first mission, you only get heal, (if I remember correctly). And you're not meant to get thunderbolt on the first level. For the secrets, it sounds like you simply missed one :P
    For overcoming the start of level 2, don't forget you can drop your imps on your dungeon heart to get mana to use your spells!

Also, level 4 has been updated!
    yeah, I did it most the time like you said: pick creatures up immediatly and drop em behind the barricades and sacrifice my imps in the dungeon heart (thanks for that god damn cooldown!
    Last try I was so close! A couple of creatures survived and there were 2 magicians and 2 bow left and when they went for my dungeon heart I tried to drop my creatures the other way to lure them away from the heart... and all the sudden another knight appeared! (not sure if he came from the north or if he survived the attack and did not find his way)
    Ok, so now I'll fine tune the order where I drop the creatures and hope for a big pile of luck. I feel a bit ashamed that it looks like I am the only one having a hard time here... but I have played DK2 since its release in 1999 so often, maybe I have developed bad manners or smth ^^

About the thunderbolt: you did not tell me if it is availble at mission 2 (on purpose?) but I guess it's not (then the start would be too easy, I think) so maybe you wanna edit the changelog about the thunderbolt cooldown for mission 1 and 2 to prevent future confusion about that?

btw: Great stuff, I love your missions! Keep on with the great work and I really hope the campaign will be finished some day in the near future

Quote Originally Posted by ThehakkeMadman View Post
    yeah, I did it most the time like you said: pick creatures up immediatly and drop em behind the barricades and sacrifice my imps in the dungeon heart (thanks for that god damn cooldown!
    Last try I was so close! A couple of creatures survived and there were 2 magicians and 2 bow left and when they went for my dungeon heart I tried to drop my creatures the other way to lure them away from the heart... and all the sudden another knight appeared! (not sure if he came from the north or if he survived the attack and did not find his way)
    Ok, so now I'll fine tune the order where I drop the creatures and hope for a big pile of luck. I feel a bit ashamed that it looks like I am the only one having a hard time here... but I have played DK2 since its release in 1999 so often, maybe I have developed bad manners or smth ^^

About the thunderbolt: you did not tell me if it is availble at mission 2 (on purpose?) but I guess it's not (then the start would be too easy, I think) so maybe you wanna edit the changelog about the thunderbolt cooldown for mission 1 and 2 to prevent future confusion about that?

btw: Great stuff, I love your missions! Keep on with the great work and I really hope the campaign will be finished some day in the near future
    Glad you're enjoying it! You do have thunderbolt on level 2, you have to research it

If you ever get tired of TFO or beat it, feel free to try my veteran campaign, lot of similarities between the two!

Did a minor update to level one, can read changes on the first post near the bottom, under "updates".
    Last edited by Crafty; August 5th, 2021 at 23:23.
    My Dungeon Keeper 2 Campaigns

Veteran Campaign
    A New League - Coop Campaign
    The Forgotten One - An Elite Campaign

My Twitch Where I Stream DK2 Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

https://www.twitch.tv/justcrafty

Level 5 has been RELEASED!

After working on it for nearly a month on and off, I bring you to level five of the forgotten one campaign! I dumped about 30 hours in the released level, I would've had 3 other levels released alongside it, but after wasting over 20 hours to fix them from breaking on certain areas of each level I gave up.
    Tragically the 3 unreleased levels would've roughly taken the average player 20+ hours to beat in total, but I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to fix them. Regardless, enjoy this functioning level, it is one of the most sophisticated levels I've created to date.

Feedback would be appreciated as this level has had almost no testing done aside from bug testing and functionality testing. It may be too difficult or too easy, hopefully neither.

P.S. this level only works with 1.7 and 1.5, along with GiM patch.

Make sure to read the first post to review the objective of the new level alongside its story.
    Last edited by Crafty; April 22nd, 2022 at 05:19.

Veteran Campaign

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Tragically the 3 unreleased levels would've roughly taken the average player 20+ hours to beat in total, but I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to fix them. Regardless, enjoy this functioning level, it is one of the most sophisticated levels I've created to date.
    what kind of problems you havin?
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Fly

played TFO1 so far. as player we have no chance to build up a basis. After 5min huge partys coming and overhelme you.

only way to beat them is to create big amount of traps.

after that i'm sure i can beat rest of bosses very easily

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    what kind of problems you havin?
    If you hover the mouse over a certain area of the map the game will just straight crash. I've had this problem before and removing all units and rooms fixed it, sometimes rooms only, but for my current map crashes that trick doesn't work. I can send you the maps if you want to take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone_Knight View Post
    played TFO1 so far. as player we have no chance to build up a basis. After 5min huge partys coming and overhelme you.

only way to beat them is to create big amount of traps.

after that i'm sure i can beat rest of bosses very easily
    The first party is triggered by your creature amount plus their levels. There are a few micro tricks you can do with imps to avoid fighting them head-on which helps a lot. The best way is to let your imps tank hero hits at your dungeon heart, or even the dungeon heart itself.
    Last edited by Crafty; April 23rd, 2022 at 17:06.

Veteran Campaign

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

If you hover the mouse over a certain area of the map the game will just straight crash. I've had this problem before and removing all units and rooms fixed it, sometimes rooms only, but for my current map crashes that trick doesn't work. I can send you the maps if you want to take a look.
    Do you have any unique tiles or anything in there? Do you Resize maps at all after you've initially made it?

There are some ways to probably troubleshoot the issue. I only have access to 1.3 though, so how fast I can troubleshoot it will depend on whether the map will crash in 1.3 upon loading or not. I can take a look at it, but it'll be a little while before I get around to it as a warning. I want to finish the map I'm working on atm first, it's been a couple of weeks working on it I think.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    Do you have any unique tiles or anything in there? Do you Resize maps at all after you've initially made it?

There are some ways to probably troubleshoot the issue. I only have access to 1.3 though, so how fast I can troubleshoot it will depend on whether the map will crash in 1.3 upon loading or not. I can take a look at it, but it'll be a little while before I get around to it as a warning. I want to finish the map I'm working on atm first, it's been a couple of weeks working on it I think.
    No special effects or anything, haven't resized the map. I'll send you the levels though on discord and you can take a look whenever, no rush.

Side note quuz said you and him have been making some amazing headway with a patch with new features and fixes. Looking forward to creating a campaign around it

P.S. If you were experiencing a crash on level 5 it has now been fixed. Please redownload the 1.7 map pack for the newest version. Updated 5/2/2022.
    Last edited by Crafty; May 2nd, 2022 at 22:11.

Veteran Campaign

Hey recently joined on here because I downloaded your campaign. I'm having trouble running it and wondered if you would be able to help at all.

I changed the path to everything in your first post correctly, The game goes to run in the loading screen for about 2 seconds then completely shuts off.

Do you have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk319 View Post
    Hey recently joined on here because I downloaded your campaign. I'm having trouble running it and wondered if you would be able to help at all.

I changed the path to everything in your first post correctly, The game goes to run in the loading screen for about 2 seconds then completely shuts off.

Do you have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
    Hey, when the game crashes, is it during the loading screen right when it finishes, or as soon as you launch the game? Or does the level load and the screen is black?

Veteran Campaign