Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Forgotten One - An Elite Campaign

Imp

Cool Re: The Forgotten One - An Elite Campaign

In this kind of century, games are so realistic but when I saw this game I was very shocked to saw the graphics, sound, and other stuff. I think we should move on and make our future better not like by developing this kind of game which I think no one is going to play?
    Last edited by Ashleybarry; February 11th, 2021 at 07:38. Reason: i have missed some important information

Default Re: The Forgotten One - An Elite Campaign

There's a significant difference between developing a new game and creating new content with an established system. And you may be surprised to how many people still play this game, let alone play the new content created for it.
    My Dungeon Keeper 2 Campaigns

Veteran Campaign
    A New League - Coop Campaign
    The Forgotten One - An Elite Campaign

My Twitch Where I Stream DK2 Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

https://www.twitch.tv/justcrafty

Hello, I'm not able to play the map TFO2...
    TFO1 and TFO3 run greatly. I use Dungeon Keeper 2 v1.7 with GIM. I tried it with your 1.7 and later also with your 1.3 map-version. Both no success. Any ideas?

Hi there, does the map crash for you when you try to load it? I just tried loading it on 1.7 and on 1.5 GiM version and they both worked.
    Tell me every detail that occurs for you, that way I can hopefully resolve it!
    Last edited by Crafty; May 30th, 2021 at 17:27.

Veteran Campaign

It appears when I start the game via Dungeon Keeper 2 Shortcut (commandline with "-q -level TFO2"). I see the normal loading screen and after that the game crashes. I see a black screen and all I can do is press ESC to get back to desktop where it shortly displays an error message "DKII.exe has stopped working."
    When i try to start the game with "-q -level TFO1" or "-q -level TFO3" it works fine. Also just tried with TFO4, everything fine. But not with TFO2. The mapfiles are in the correct folder.
    Last edited by emil; May 30th, 2021 at 18:04.

Quote Originally Posted by emil View Post
    It appears when I start the game via Dungeon Keeper 2 Shortcut (commandline with "-q -level TFO2"). I see the normal loading screen and after that the game crashes. I see a black screen and all I can do is press ESC to get back to desktop where it shortly displays an error message "DKII.exe has stopped working."
    When i try to start the game with "-q -level TFO1" or "-q -level TFO3" it works fine. Also just tried with TFO4, everything fine. But not with TFO2. The mapfiles are in the correct folder.
    Ah, I think your problem may be having the line as "-q -level TFO2" when it should be -q -level "TFO2". I'm actually surprised you're able to load other levels via your method. You should try -q -level outside of the quotation marks and see if the game will load correctly. Also, all of the current public levels have been updated for TFO, I recommend redownloading it and replacing your current TFO levels with the newly updated ones!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	help.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	743 Bytes 
ID:	2136  
    Last edited by Crafty; May 30th, 2021 at 19:41.

Veteran Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty View Post
    Ah, I think your problem may be having the line as "-q -level TFO2" when it should be -q -level "TFO2". I'm actually surprised you're able to load other levels via your method. You should try -q -level outside of the quotation marks and see if the game will load correctly. Also, all of the current public levels have been updated for TFO, I recommend redownloading it and replacing your current TFO levels with the newly updated ones!
    I've done everything you said but it still crashes. Maybe it has something to do with GIM... With GIM you often get crashes when you have your mouse over an enemy finalhero, in any case in the last missions of the normal game. There are also crashproblems with the dark angel which I couldn't encounter yet.
    Maybe in your 2nd mission is something that GIM doesn't like.

I've done everything you said but it still crashes. Maybe it has something to do with GIM... With GIM you often get crashes when you have your mouse over an enemy finalhero, in any case in the last missions of the normal game. There are also crashproblems with the dark angel which I couldn't encounter yet.
    Maybe in your 2nd mission is something that GIM doesn't like.
    You're right, the problem is related to GiM specifically. I've been able to isolate the problem, it's not because of dark angels, (which are on level two of TFO) it's because I used effect generators on level two, which I have removed entirely. It now should work on 1.7 GiM AND 1.5 GiM.
    Please re-download again for this fix, it now should work!

Veteran Campaign

Thanks, works now

Thanks, works now
    Excellent, let me know if you encounter any future bugs or other related problems!
    Enjoy!

Veteran Campaign