Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: The Forgotten One - An Elite Campaign

Default Re: The Forgotten One - An Elite Campaign

Almost at the end of Lvl 4 now... Encountered several game crashes. Now there is the very annoying phase with the heroes attacking my base. Managed to get ahead the 15 minutes but there are still enemies on the left, on the right and on the top plus the final lord... Not a chance. I made an extra savepoint before killing the last keeperheart to have different possibilites for the hero phase. But very hard...

Quote Originally Posted by emil View Post
    Almost at the end of Lvl 4 now... Encountered several game crashes. Now there is the very annoying phase with the heroes attacking my base. Managed to get ahead the 15 minutes but there are still enemies on the left, on the right and on the top plus the final lord... Not a chance. I made an extra savepoint before killing the last keeperheart to have different possibilites for the hero phase. But very hard...
    When did the game crashes occur, and what was happening in-game prior to the crash?

The late game of level 4 has not been tested, are you overwhelmed in-hero numbers too quickly? If so, around what time once the hero invasion starts?
    My Dungeon Keeper 2 Campaigns

Veteran Campaign
    A New League - Coop Campaign
    The Forgotten One - An Elite Campaign

My Twitch Where I Stream DK2 Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

https://www.twitch.tv/justcrafty

'Has not been tested' doesn't sound good. I can't figure out what happened exactly when the game crashes... Most crashes happened in the loading screen when I reloaded the game while I already was in the game.
    At the green keeper I broke a wall to get into a bedroom (the one with the sentry trap in the middle). There the game crashed. But it didn't happen twice.
    Not crash but: The yellow keeper sometimes dropped his units into his walls where they could shoot out of but were invincible until I break it.
    At the end I once tried to build spike traps directly at the hero portals, that caused the game crash.

I could manage the hero invasion until like minute 12 of 15 almost good but then they just overrun me from 2 sides... I won't replay this mission because it would take too long, but if I do then there is one thing I would change while playing. I just would let the enemies allow to attack me from one side. Now I have 3 openings. Too hard. But who could have known that they do a massive attack in the end.

'Has not been tested' doesn't sound good. I can't figure out what happened exactly when the game crashes... Most crashes happened in the loading screen when I reloaded the game while I already was in the game.
    At the green keeper I broke a wall to get into a bedroom (the one with the sentry trap in the middle). There the game crashed. But it didn't happen twice.
    Not crash but: The yellow keeper sometimes dropped his units into his walls where they could shoot out of but were invincible until I break it.
    At the end I once tried to build spike traps directly at the hero portals, that caused the game crash.

I could manage the hero invasion until like minute 12 of 15 almost good but then they just overrun me from 2 sides... I won't replay this mission because it would take too long, but if I do then there is one thing I would change while playing. I just would let the enemies allow to attack me from one side. Now I have 3 openings. Too hard. But who could have known that they do a massive attack in the end.
    Hmm odd random crashes, I'll look into it and see if anything stands out. I also broke into the same room and didn't have the two problems that you mentioned... sometimes dk2 just doesn't make sense.
    And only I would know of the huge hero attack at the end
    I'll modify hero parties that spawn around minutes 12-15 to make it feasible.

Veteran Campaign

Thank you, will you upload the updated version soon?

Thank you, will you upload the updated version soon?
    Yes, sometime this week when I get the chance. I'll edit this post when I've released a new update.

Veteran Campaign

Imp

Hello there!
    I checked out mission 1 and it's hard but fair. Tried the other missions but WTF is up to mission 2 ?? I am rushed right from the beginning and can't survive for a couple of minutes....... Am I stupid or is this a bug?
    Like, missions 1,3 and 4 start normally with a little "cutscene" but mission 2 starts with the one half of my creatures defending, the other half already unconscious... heroes rushing my dungeon heart and that's it! I am so confused

Quote Originally Posted by ThehakkeMadman View Post
    Hello there!
    I checked out mission 1 and it's hard but fair. Tried the other missions but WTF is up to mission 2 ?? I am rushed right from the beginning and can't survive for a couple of minutes....... Am I stupid or is this a bug?
    Like, missions 1,3 and 4 start normally with a little "cutscene" but mission 2 starts with the one half of my creatures defending, the other half already unconscious... heroes rushing my dungeon heart and that's it! I am so confused
    Haha, this is intended! A cut scene plays after you kill the heroes on your land.
    How you overcome the beginning is by immediately picking up all your creatures and place them behind the barricades and go from there.

Veteran Campaign

Imp

Okok, don't worry, I don't give up so fast!
    I picked up my creatures as fast as possible (those who are not unconscious) and dropped them at the dungeon heart, behind the barricades but I still was beaten... but aI was very tired, too I'll try again!

But another thing: In the changelog it says:

"Thunderbolt and Heal have proper cooldowns now."

For mission 1 and 2. But there is no thunderbold! So, for mission 1 I found 2 of 3 secrets, maybe the spell is the third one?

Quote Originally Posted by ThehakkeMadman View Post
    Okok, don't worry, I don't give up so fast!
    I picked up my creatures as fast as possible (those who are not unconscious) and dropped them at the dungeon heart, behind the barricades but I still was beaten... but aI was very tired, too I'll try again!

But another thing: In the changelog it says:

"Thunderbolt and Heal have proper cooldowns now."

For missions 1 and 2. But there is no thunderbold! So, for mission 1 I found 2 of 3 secrets, maybe the spell is the third one?
    On the first mission, you only get heal, (if I remember correctly). And you're not meant to get thunderbolt on the first level. For the secrets, it sounds like you simply missed one :P
    For overcoming the start of level 2, don't forget you can drop your imps on your dungeon heart to get mana to use your spells!

Also, level 4 has been updated!

Veteran Campaign