Thread: Size of the creatures in the game

Default Size of the creatures in the game

Hi
    Sorry if such topic existed before. I have a question is it possible to edit size (f.e decrease size) of creatures in the game? I know the creatures get bigger and bigger with their level so there must me some parameters around.

Thank you for help

Default Re: Size of the creatures in the game

I don't think so no. In the creature configs there are properties 'Size' and 'ThingSize' but changing those doesn't help you.

It's possible to edit it in the source though:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tiny.png 
Views:	94 
Size:	106.7 KB 
ID:	1968
    Last edited by YourMaster; January 29th, 2020 at 18:07.

Hi
    Thanks for the reply. Can you explain me more "edit in the source" part?

Hi, sure.

KeeperFX is open source. You have the source code here. You can make your own modifications to the game, and build it to make your modifications playable.
    Here is the code for the creature sprites.

Apologies if this has been answered before, but I was wondering if the current zoom level is a user preference that we can modify? I was also wondering about the in-game UI too, as I distinctly remember it not auto-scaling. Zoom and scaling options would help to make it more bearable on 1080p or 2160p resolutions for large TVs etc. It has been a long while since I last played with KeeperFX! But I'm very happy that development is continuing. Thank you so much for keeping it alive.

It is not unfortunately. I tried making it possible to zoom out more, and I also tried making the scaling of the sidebar optional, but failed at both.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    Hi, sure.

KeeperFX is open source. You have the source code here. You can make your own modifications to the game, and build it to make your modifications playable.
    Here is the code for the creature sprites.
    Any chance for a quick tutorial? I'd really like to change creatures size (is it possible to target specific creatures?), but I'm REALLY noobish at these things...

Not really no. It's already quite difficult to get a build environment up and running, just the build the game as is.

If you'd really want to, installing WSL would be the first step, there's a tutorial for that here. So you can see if that's something up your alley.
    After that you would need to update it, install the packages required for KeeperFX. Get the source code from github, make the modification you'd want, and in your Linux app build your source.

What I did in the screenshot above was simply raise the size off the creature images, and you see it leads to complications already. You'll notice a sleeping reaper has a small chair attached, which is displayed on top of the originally sized chair that is his lair. I'm confident there would be many more issues like that you'd need to figure out and solve.
    Having it be for just a specific creature model is not much of a complication, the code I linked shows how to set a different size when affected by a specific spell, the same way can be done for a specific model.

Long story short, this most likely won't be worth your trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    Not really no. It's already quite difficult to get a build environment up and running, just the build the game as is.

If you'd really want to, installing WSL would be the first step, there's a tutorial for that here. So you can see if that's something up your alley.
    After that you would need to update it, install the packages required for KeeperFX. Get the source code from github, make the modification you'd want, and in your Linux app build your source.

What I did in the screenshot above was simply raise the size off the creature images, and you see it leads to complications already. You'll notice a sleeping reaper has a small chair attached, which is displayed on top of the originally sized chair that is his lair. I'm confident there would be many more issues like that you'd need to figure out and solve.
    Having it be for just a specific creature model is not much of a complication, the code I linked shows how to set a different size when affected by a specific spell, the same way can be done for a specific model.

Long story short, this most likely won't be worth your trouble.

Alright, it's fine. Ty for your patience

I've made it possible. From KeeperFX 0.47U alpha 2060 onward you can configure both the size of units, and their growth rate by editing the value in creature.cfg.