Thread: Dungeon Keeper mouse movement too fast in PCem

Default Dungeon Keeper mouse movement too fast in PCem

Hello everyone. I installed Dungeon Keeper in my Windows 98 SE guest System with PCem. The game works fine except the mouse movement. It is just too sensitive. Changing the settings of the mouse sensitivity doesn't change anything. I tried the Windows and DOS installer of the game with the same results. Is this a known problem and is it fixable? This is the only game in PCem which reacts like that.

Default Re: Dungeon Keeper mouse movement too fast in PCem

Is there a reason why you went with the original in win98, instead of KeeperFX on your normal machine? See here: https://dungeonkeeper.fandom.com/wiki/Dungeon_Keeper_FX

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    Is there a reason why you went with the original in win98, instead of KeeperFX on your normal machine? See here: https://dungeonkeeper.fandom.com/wiki/Dungeon_Keeper_FX
    Yes because i have installed all my old games on that system. I like to play games like this in a nostalgic environment. Everything works fine except the mouse sensitivity. I tried DK2 and have no problems with the mouse in this game.

Well, I'm sorry, I don't really have any experience with PCem. The mouse sensitivity is no problem in dosbox or original windows 98, and you mention other games work fine so it's in the interaction between DK and PCem somehow. You say you tried both keeper.exe and keeper95.exe and both give the same problem? Do you notice a difference between high-res and low-res mode? (Press Ctrl+R while playing a level).

Windows 98 has mouse sensitivity options itself, have you tried setting the speed there to unreasonably low levels? Are you sure PCem has fully captured your mouse?

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    Well, I'm sorry, I don't really have any experience with PCem. The mouse sensitivity is no problem in dosbox or original windows 98, and you mention other games work fine so it's in the interaction between DK and PCem somehow. You say you tried both keeper.exe and keeper95.exe and both give the same problem? Do you notice a difference between high-res and low-res mode? (Press Ctrl+R while playing a level).

Windows 98 has mouse sensitivity options itself, have you tried setting the speed there to unreasonably low levels? Are you sure PCem has fully captured your mouse?
    You mean Alt+R? I changed the windows settings for the mouse and this seems to work. Thanks for the help and the hint with high-res! Didn't know about that.

Yes, Alt+R, sorry. Glad it worked. Happy keeping.