Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Game tips with new AI system

Default Game tips with new AI system

I just updated my game to last alpha and found that the new IA system is really good this time. Before that I used a simple defensive technique, waited all my units to be lv10 and than attack enemies without any problem, easy win. Now seems that this strategy is no longer good since I always lose all my units in a direct attack with IA keepers.
    I'm trying to complete the deeper dungeons maps. Right now I'm playing Belbata map in which there are 3 other keeper with gem in their land. I managed to take blue gem vein before him, but I found that it can manage to train all his creatures to lv10 even without it (I suppose it use workshop to take money).
    So, since I always used a strategy like "train to max and attack", what do you suggest now? Right now I need to kill Green Keeper but I found it a little hard now since he has a lot of dragons and bile demons that are really strong.

What I'm trying to do is:

Destroy a wall with spell, conceal an imp and start explore enemy dungeon. After I find lairs, I use Cave-In to kill lv10 strong monsters. After that, I manage to do a direct attack with all my creatures.

Sometimes I can't use this strategy due to lack of money and I found that if I use ranged attack to enemy's hearth it doesn't trigger him and can kill him.

But I'm sure there are more efficient way to win a game, since I complete a level after hour of game

PS: Nice job with all alphas, I like the way you still take care of this game!

Default Re: Game tips with new IA system

I think you mean AI, which stands for "Artificial Intelligence". And yes, keepers can make money from they workshop.

One thing where the AI is really strong now, is fast and efficient training. They still don't build doors at all entrances to the training room - so that means training at max 80% speed - but he keeps his units well slapped and when he has money to spare will also cast speed on them with helps a lot. This means he is usually faster in training than most players. To keep up, do the same, and be sure to get a 100% efficient training room (so, walls and doors all around) to train, for 100% speed in training, and slap or speed your units when you can.

There's several things that the AI cannot do yet though:
    - Convert enemy units
    - Use dungeon specials
    - Use the temple to get better units (e.g. mistresses and horned reapers)
    - Throw weak units back into the portal to get an army of strong units (Bile Demons, Mistresses, Reapers, perhaps the occasional Dragon or Orc).

So if you do these things, that means you can get a stronger army. Also take note, that when fighting, the enemy keeper will use his spells now, and when his units have speed and armour, while your units have not but get lightning bolts in their face that could be enough for him to even overcome your stronger army. So also take advantage of this, and use your spells in battle.

If a frontal confrontation is not possible, you'd have to out smart him. Lure his units into your traps (especially boulders), or on your ground to cast charged-up disease. Better yet, try to capture some of his units without losing units yourself.

I like the better AI, but on the other hand it makes some maps/campaigns stupidly difficult since I guess those were made on the fact the AI was bad to begin with.
    I was playing the first map of the Undead Campaign, the CPU gets a gem with four faces while the player only get one face, and I think that's really unfair since the AI is pretty good now.
    Skeletons are cheap but weak vampires are good but expensive, and I really didn't know what to do so I gave up.

Yes, at some point maps need to be rebalanced.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    I think you mean AI, which stands for "Artificial Intelligence". And yes, keepers can make money from they workshop.

One thing where the AI is really strong now, is fast and efficient training. They still don't build doors at all entrances to the training room - so that means training at max 80% speed - but he keeps his units well slapped and when he has money to spare will also cast speed on them with helps a lot. This means he is usually faster in training than most players. To keep up, do the same, and be sure to get a 100% efficient training room (so, walls and doors all around) to train, for 100% speed in training, and slap or speed your units when you can.

There's several things that the AI cannot do yet though:
    - Convert enemy units
    - Use dungeon specials
    - Use the temple to get better units (e.g. mistresses and horned reapers)
    - Throw weak units back into the portal to get an army of strong units (Bile Demons, Mistresses, Reapers, perhaps the occasional Dragon or Orc).

So if you do these things, that means you can get a stronger army. Also take note, that when fighting, the enemy keeper will use his spells now, and when his units have speed and armour, while your units have not but get lightning bolts in their face that could be enough for him to even overcome your stronger army. So also take advantage of this, and use your spells in battle.

If a frontal confrontation is not possible, you'd have to out smart him. Lure his units into your traps (especially boulders), or on your ground to cast charged-up disease. Better yet, try to capture some of his units without losing units yourself.
    Yeah sorry IA is from italian abbreviation ("Intelligenza Artificiale"), btw I can't be faster and efficient like AI, since it can cast speed and protect in milliseconds while I find hard to cast spell on all my army, even cure to take care of army during battle is difficult for me.
    Didn't know that doors on training room raise its effectiveness, good to know.
    I'm trying to figure out how capture enemies creatures without being invaded with all his army

Well, luckily the AI mimics a human there, and can actually only cast a spell every once in a while. If you battle, as a human you could actually cast more spells than he can, because his interval is quite high. Did you know you can cast your spells in the battle menu? With practice, by quick clicking and holding the mouse, you can even recast the spell fully charged. But speed can be cast before the fight starts of course, especially on Dragons and Bile Demons will make a very big difference.
    You can also simply pick up units from the battle menu when you see them at low health, and drop them again in another location, this might cause enemy units to target other units and helps yours survive longer.

But on Belbata, your best bet is to add as much of the heroes to your army as possible, and use them to attack an enemy keeper before he trains to max power and you have a numerical advantage. Than, with the units converted from that first battle, continue to the next keeper.

As for capturing enemies, traps will help a lot. Provoke a fight near your traps, and pick up units from the front so you're fighting on your area. Try to draw a few units further into your dungeon, and then pick up all your units from the main fight, try to knock out a few of the enemy units and wait until all enemies are gone before sending in your imps to take the prisoners home. The traps are there to stop the enemy imps from making sure there will be a new fight and letting your imps get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    Well, luckily the AI mimics a human there, and can actually only cast a spell every once in a while. If you battle, as a human you could actually cast more spells than he can, because his interval is quite high. Did you know you can cast your spells in the battle menu? With practice, by quick clicking and holding the mouse, you can even recast the spell fully charged. But speed can be cast before the fight starts of course, especially on Dragons and Bile Demons will make a very big difference.
    You can also simply pick up units from the battle menu when you see them at low health, and drop them again in another location, this might cause enemy units to target other units and helps yours survive longer.

But on Belbata, your best bet is to add as much of the heroes to your army as possible, and use them to attack an enemy keeper before he trains to max power and you have a numerical advantage. Than, with the units converted from that first battle, continue to the next keeper.

As for capturing enemies, traps will help a lot. Provoke a fight near your traps, and pick up units from the front so you're fighting on your area. Try to draw a few units further into your dungeon, and then pick up all your units from the main fight, try to knock out a few of the enemy units and wait until all enemies are gone before sending in your imps to take the prisoners home. The traps are there to stop the enemy imps from making sure there will be a new fight and letting your imps get to it.
    Yes I know about fast click to recast at max power a spell, but I've a problem with mouse and sometimes miss the fast click so I've to wait again to max the spell. I will try capture enemies strategy without converting them to prevent spawning new ones

That's why you click in the battle menu.

And converting their high level units is usually the way forward. If you have a few of theirs, you can attack and win the battle before they train up replacements.
    Last edited by YourMaster; April 1st, 2020 at 18:00.

Speaking of battle menu, I've noticed the first creature on the very left of the battle menu is not clickable, when the line is full of creatures, probably because the pointer is technicaly above the eye icon (?), so you can't use spells on it, is it fixable?
    Last edited by Rhaelyx; April 1st, 2020 at 17:50.

I don't know, didn't know this was an issue. Will look into it.