Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Korean language support

Post Korean language support

Is it possible to add a new language?

I want to add Korean.

PO files are ready.

Thank you.

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial 0.4.7

I think it is yes, although Korean is a particular difficult one I believe. Give me the files and I'll try.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    I think it is yes, although Korean is a particular difficult one I believe. Give me the files and I'll try.
    Thank you.

I didn't expect the response to be so fast.

I already started distributing through my blog.
    https://tcat41.blogspot.com/2020/04/...-keeperfx.html

But it would be better if it was included in the package.

Below is the link to the file.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jy...8ZOdgU5vbm7Txp

It seems to be simple if it is created based on "chi" and copy the routine to derive "kor"

You can refer to the blog for the output screenshot or video.

Thank you.

I can't read much from your blog, but if keeperfx is correctly displaying it, I can get it to work. I see you've even done voices, very nice.

I see you've send me the .dat file though, I don't want that, I want the .po file. So people can provide fixes when they find errors in the future. And the keeperfx build process will turn it into a .dat file for people to use.
    I see there's already a Korean .po file by the way: https://github.com/Loobinex/keeperfx...g/gtext_kor.po

It has 0 translations, so yours will fully replace that one, but please be sure to have all entries listed there.

EDIT: I see you did include the .po file, great. You did use an old version, so could you please add the newer entries to your .po file?

I simply tried your files, by pasting them into my keeperfx directory, and editing keeperfx.cfg to set the language to KOR and the campaign config to include Korean, and it doesn't look that hot:

Is this because I don't have proper support for Korean installed on my PC?
    Last edited by YourMaster; April 25th, 2020 at 12:07.

Sorry missing font.

add font link
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k8D...ew?usp=sharing

However, the problem is that the font is not the problem, and there is no Korean processing.

Since it uses its own font and language code, it seems to have nothing to do with the PC's language support.

First, KOR should be classified into Asian languages.

Secondly, I think that you can make a copy of CHI in KOR processing in Asian languages.

I tried building the source, but I couldn't do it myself because various errors overlapped.

The po file I used was the one in https://github.com/Loobinex/keeperfx...hive/v1913.zip

And after updating with "gtext_eng.pot", I worked.

What does it mean to be a new version .po file?

I used Google Translate, so please understand if the sentence is strange.

Thank you.

Korean is already supported by KeeperFX, there is no need to change the source. I think. EDIT: You mean add it here, I'll see what happens.
    If you know where the source should be edited and how, link it to me, and I'll make the change and build it for you.

Because there were no Korean translations, up until now, the language was simply disabled. There is no need to replace chinese, if you edit campgns\keeporig.cfg you can enable Korean under [strings] and under [speech].

When Korean will be edited, it will be edited to the new 'work in progress' version, not to the complete 0.4.7U version, and there have been new strings. Compare the .po file you used, with this po file. See all the way at the bottom for example.

If you want to see the development version of KeeperFX, see here. The versions can be downloaded through this link.
    Last edited by YourMaster; April 25th, 2020 at 19:43.

speech And sound can be used immediately by modifying the configuration.

But Tact is not.

Korean is a double-byte language such as Chinese or Japanese.

Looking at the code, it seems that there is no part that treats Korean as a double byte.

The screenshot shows that the part output as a number is treated as a single byte.

I'm not a professional C programmer, and there are errors in building, so it seems like it will take some time to figure out where to fix the code to get it going.

I will check the PO and post it again.

Thank you.

I haven't tried yet, but will try in the next few days and get back to you.

Troll

Quote Originally Posted by mu mu View Post
    Looking at the code, it seems that there is no part that treats Korean as a double byte.
    Yeah, I noticed that support for Chinese and Japanese fonts, but not Korean fonts, had been coded into KeeperFX. I'm not sure how to install support for the Korean fonts you provided .

Quote Originally Posted by AdamP View Post
    Yeah, I noticed that support for Chinese and Japanese fonts, but not Korean fonts, had been coded into KeeperFX. I'm not sure how to install support for the Korean fonts you provided .
    What mu mu did was pretend it was chinese.

Quote Originally Posted by mu mu View Post
    speech And sound can be used immediately by modifying the configuration.

But Tact is not.

Korean is a double-byte language such as Chinese or Japanese.

The screenshot shows that the part output as a number is treated as a single byte.

I'm not a professional C programmer, and there are errors in building, so it seems like it will take some time to figure out where to fix the code to get it going.

I will check the PO and post it again.

Thank you.
    I got it to work, everything seems very complete. It's just missing the final line it seems, everything else looks great:

I notice that Korean and Chinese text doesn't scale well with resolution. Playing it on smaller resolutions seems to work fine.

EDIT: I've been told the text in the screenshot is not actually Korean. Any idea what's wrong? See here.
    Last edited by YourMaster; April 27th, 2020 at 00:25.