Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: WFTO by Kopavel

Default Re: WFTO by Kopavel

Nobody is active now, as far as I know.
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif

What you really need to do, is to rethink the idea of WFTO.
    Experienced programmers are not likely to be interested in developing a "dream game".
    I am going for a realese a finished project, and for that I need a realistic plan.

What I have done here, was a demo in a first place. I enjoyed writing it, and I like it as it is. :-)

And why dont you start being active yourself? Dotted has done a good work managing the forum and the wiki, I believe you dont have to be a programmer to help him.
    Good wiki and SVN server is a must for such project.

As for me, i'm working very hard on my engine.
    Hate to say that, but it looks like I will need a custom editor, probably will use C# for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopavel View Post
    And why dont you start being active yourself? Dotted has done a good work managing the forum and the wiki, I believe you dont have to be a programmer to help him.
    Is that question dedicated to me personally? If it is, you are right =) I am less active now than I used to be. I am still thinking of a best way to move russian-speaking community to the forums (a lot of talented guys who love this game).

As for the wiki... it is time-consuming. I lack free time this semester, I am very busy. And the wiki is better to be managed by several people rather than many but by a small part. Style.

I really wish I could be of more help on the technical part.
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif

Me too ):

What you really need to do, is to rethink the idea of WFTO.
    Experienced programmers are not likely to be interested in developing a "dream game".
    I am going for a realese a finished project, and for that I need a realistic plan.
    I see what you are saying and I think that there should be a very realistic discussion of what can and can't be done at some point (sooner the better), because looking at it now it seems a pretty big mountain to climb with duct tape and sewing thread.

dotted is doing a very good job, but I have to say it is not very fair it all being left up to him. From what I gather he manages all the important stuff that keeps this site from falling inward, as well as; the KK wiki, emails to EA, telling us to be calm and wait, being pretty much the only Wtfo developer (other than yourself) that still seems to say yes and no to design choices, etc. What I'm really saying is that hes is too powerful! (whether he knows it or not)

What I have done here, was a demo in a first place. I enjoyed writing it, and I like it as it is. :-)
    But anyway this is getting off topic. I think I'm going to just mess around with your demo a little more, it is really impressive all you need is random text popping up and you have you self a very basic game
    Mentor: "You remove your own heart, fortify it behind stonewalls, deadly traps, and then rely heavily on beings you create yourself. Even psychoanalysts lack words for just how absurdly emo you areā€¦"