Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: keeps crashing

Default keeps crashing

the game keeps crashing to Windows, I will play a game for a while (sometimes 10 minutes, sometimes 5, seems random, I have Windows 7 64bit I have KeeperFX version 4.6.1670 , running on Windows 64 bit, I have tried running as admin and XP service pack 3 compatability mode.....any ideas?

I used to love this game as a kid

Default Re: keeps crashing

Having a log file would be helpful. But, try to update to 0.4.7U and update to the latest alpha. That includes a fix to the most common hang.

I just tried that, I haven’t played it yet to see if that fixes the issue but now I have another problem, when I loaded the game I would try to load one of my saves but it would just restart me on whatever level that save was on
    Note: I didn’t override any of the folders, just the files in the main directory— I spent a lot of time editing the creature file and the spells file so I don’t want to take a chance of overwriting those

Sorry, yes, your save games are lost (not compatible anymore), and you can't use your old configs anymore because there are a lot of new options in the configs that would be missing from there.

You can use cheats (look on the DK wiki) to go to whichever level you were at.

I just started from scratch reinstalled everything, copied everything from the original CD and then installed keeper FX and updated to the latest version and patch —the game doesn’t crash anymore, but now I have a new problem, none of the icons are showing up in any of the tabs (spells, buildings, creators, i’m on the first level of the ninja campaign, there was a prison that I took over in the map (in normally a room that you take over shows up but nothing )and I’m able to select ‘imprison’ but I can’t see it or any of the default rooms on the tab
    PS I’m loving the new patch, The speed-up function makes training a lot quicker
    Last edited by Junkman1217; June 24th, 2020 at 21:51.

The frameskip function was there in the previous function as well. But it sounds to me you either have it badly installed, or you've put back files from an old version (configs or what not).
    If you don't immediately know how to fix this, please share a screenshot and your Keeperfx.cfg with me.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    The frameskip function was there in the previous function as well. But it sounds to me you either have it badly installed, or you've put back files from an old version (configs or what not).
    If you don't immediately know how to fix this, please share a screenshot and your Keeperfx.cfg with me.

how do I take an in-game screenshot?

Alt+Print screen.

I think I may have figured it out, this was taken from the campaigns folder, then what ever game (ex destination ninja campaign)

ROOM_AVAILABLE(ALL_PLAYERS,TREASURE,1,1)
    ROOM_AVAILABLE(ALL_PLAYERS,LAIR,1,1)
    ROOM_AVAILABLE(ALL_PLAYERS,GARDEN,1,1)
    ROOM_AVAILABLE(ALL_PLAYERS,TRAINING,1,1)
    ROOM_AVAILABLE(ALL_PLAYERS,RESEARCH,1,1)
    ROOM_AVAILABLE(ALL_PLAYERS,WORKSHOP,0,1)
    ROOM_AVAILABLE(ALL_PLAYERS,BARRACKS,0,1)
    ROOM_AVAILABLE(ALL_PLAYERS,GUARD_POST,0,1)
    ROOM_AVAILABLE(ALL_PLAYERS,BRIDGE,0,1)
    ROOM_AVAILABLE(ALL_PLAYERS,PRISON,0,1)
    ROOM_AVAILABLE(ALL_PLAYERS,TORTURE,0,1)
    ROOM_AVAILABLE(ALL_PLAYERS,SCAVENGER,0,1)
    ROOM_AVAILABLE(ALL_PLAYERS,TEMPLE,0,1)

MAGIC_AVAILABLE(ALL_PLAYERS,POWER_OBEY,0,1)
    MAGIC_AVAILABLE(ALL_PLAYERS,POWER_IMP,1,1)
    MAGIC_AVAILABLE(ALL_PLAYERS,POWER_SLAP,1,1)
    MAGIC_AVAILABLE(ALL_PLAYERS,POWER_SIGHT,0,1)
    MAGIC_AVAILABLE(ALL_PLAYERS,POWER_CALL_TO_ARMS,0,1 )
    MAGIC_AVAILABLE(ALL_PLAYERS,POWER_HEAL_CREATURE,0, 1)
    MAGIC_AVAILABLE(ALL_PLAYERS,POWER_SPEED,0,1)
    MAGIC_AVAILABLE(ALL_PLAYERS,POWER_LIGHTNING,0,1)
    MAGIC_AVAILABLE(ALL_PLAYERS,POWER_PROTECT,0,1)
    MAGIC_AVAILABLE(ALL_PLAYERS,POWER_CONCEAL,0,1)
    MAGIC_AVAILABLE(ALL_PLAYERS,POWER_DISEASE,0,1)
    MAGIC_AVAILABLE(ALL_PLAYERS,POWER_CAVE_IN,0,1)
    MAGIC_AVAILABLE(ALL_PLAYERS,POWER_CHICKEN,0,1)
    MAGIC_AVAILABLE(ALL_PLAYERS,POWER_HOLD_AUDIENCE,0, 1)
    MAGIC_AVAILABLE(ALL_PLAYERS,POWER_ARMAGEDDON,0,1)
    MAGIC_AVAILABLE(ALL_PLAYERS,POWER_HAND,1,1)

I remember having to edit this to make them available, when I first played keeper fx, but I cant remember what I did.
    I want to make everything researchable, not just immediately available...thanks

As a general rule of thumb, if you edit your game and after that it doesn't work, and you ask for help with that, it would be really convenient if you start by saying what you changed.
    In any case, if you want stuff researchable, it should end with 1,0. Already available is 1,1.