Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Matter of Time - Single-Player and Multi-Player Map (First Map)

Default Re: Matter of Time - Single-Player and Multi-Player Map (First Map)

Uploaded a new version:

• Wrote a starting objective which explains some of the map's game rules.
    • Added an action point to the gems in the middle, which makes the creature generation speed a lot faster when triggered by either player. This allows each Keeper to recover faster after the eventual showdown.
    • Made it so that if you claim a temple, torture chamber or barracks, you unlock the ability to build them if you haven't researched it yet.

I found some more errors in your script. The SET_COMPUTER_PROCESS commands you have do not all work, see keeperfx.log for which ones don't. It's because not all computer players have all processes, so you can't modify that process as it does not exist.

Thank you. I've fixed it and reuploaded it. Also made a few balance changes.
    Last edited by Argonil; August 3rd, 2020 at 06:24.

I think the map is about as good as it gets now, just played it again and had a good match. I'm curious to hear general feedback from others on how it plays, how difficult it is and whether others are able to beat it too.

Hi I played through your map vs the AI and thought it was a decent map. I like the design choice of having gold seperate each room in the centre to see how your opponent is doing - I imagine that would be pretty cool playing vs a human opponent.

Hope to see more maps from you!

Quote Originally Posted by Argonil View Post
    Second, I wanted to remove the "dry ice" effects in the graveyards to reduce the amount of 'things' on the map, but the smoke effects come right back once your imps claim the room. Is there a way to permanently remove them? Are there other good ways to reduce the amount of objects on the map without reducing the creature cap? So far I've removed portal smoke, some workshop objects and other misc. stuff.
    I never tested this, but it seems to me, that you can remove the dry ice effect from a graveyard, by making a graveyard only one tile wide, because the effect will only occur on a 3x3 graveyard.
    You can place lava, water or rock between the graveyard tiles, to prevent any AI from building tiles that would make it 3x3.
    Last edited by 0etelaer; June 9th, 2021 at 00:09.