Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: KeeperFX 0.4.8

Default Re: KeeperFX 0.4.8

Quote Originally Posted by wtx View Post
    Hey,
    I think You need to fix picking the most experienced creature cause it is randomly now. Playing campaign new+
    Have you checked the changed controls? But there's no random. You can either pick up 'rotated' (so if you have 16 skeletons, you pick up 8, drop 8, then pick up the other 8 and then the next one you pick up would be the first one you picked up.), strongest or weakest.

Smile Re: KeeperFX 0.4.8

A big thank you to all involved for the continued work on KeeperFX. For the most part it works really well. I have noticed a couple of things though:
    1. The slider for music volume in settings doesn't seem to do anything when using a CD. Has this been overlooked what with computers not often having disk drives any more and everyone using music as files on their HDD?
    2. While attacking a dungeon heart some creatures were dying from attacks from allies. Is this normal? I don't remember it happening years ago.

One last thing for now- is it possible to make the rank and health emblem bigger i.e the same size for all zoom levels? It can be hard to see when zoomed out.

Thanks again; really great stuff otherwise.

1) I don't know if this has been overlooked or not, but it has been the case for a long time.
    2) Yes, this can indeed happen. I reported it years ago and got told it was normal, I've never tested it myself to see if it actually happened in the original game too.
    3) Could you post a screenshot of poorly visible health flowers for you? And tell me your resolution. Because for me, even at max zoom the health flowers are clear as day.

Troll

I believe creatures being hit by allies' attacks whilst attacking a Dungeon Heart happened in the original game too. I remember heroes dying whilst bashing my Dungeon Heart because they were being hit by an Archer's arrows and Missiles happening many times.

Creatures also sometimes get hit by allies' mêlée attacks whilst going to a spot to attack a Dungeon Heart too.

Thanks for your replies. What I meant about the health flowers is that zoomed out they are very small. They aren't broken or anything, just a bit hard to read. I was wondering if there was a hack to make them the same size at all zoom distances but perhaps then they'd start overlapping over other creatures? I'm getting more used to playing in higher resolution the more I play though.
    One other thing I have noticed is that sometimes the game forgets my setting for wall heights and turns them back to full height instead of low. Is that one a bug? It's not happening all the time, just every so often when I load a game. Thanks.

Yeah, I got what you meant. Even when you zoom out fully they should be really easy to read, they are for me. So I would like to see a screenshot how it looks for you, to determine if they look the same for you as they do for me.

Things Slot 2048 is too small for me.
    Can it Expand?

I tried it, but failed.

Unfortunately not. It has been a limitation since the original game, and in KeeperFX it's less of a problem because it juggles things around to do more with the same limit, but it's still not much. More of the original game needs to be rewritten for this limit to be raised, and since mefisto quit working on KeeperFX there's no more rewriting happening.

Hi there,
    Been lurking occasionally on this site over the past couple of years or so. Excited to try the new Keeper FX but having some problems installing. Does this version work on Windows Vista?
    I have the original DK Gold CD and was able to unpack with WinRAR but when I try to run the launcher, I get a msg saying "Not a valid Win32 application".

CJP
    Last edited by Dr_Phillanomics; January 22nd, 2021 at 21:48.

Ok, I've got a bit further: Unpacked with 7Zip and all ok. When using the launcher.exe and selecting the KEEPER folder to copy files from CD, I get an error message: "Basic Initialization failed - This error in 'LbBullfrogmain' makes the program unable to continue". Any suggestions?

CJP