Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: KeeperFX - Test builds for version 0.4.9

Default Re: KeeperFX - Test builds for version 0.4.9

Thanks to The Master for all the updates and keeping the game alive

The drain spell in Alpha 2667 is a bit broken atm. Lvl 5 fairy can easily two shot a lvl 9 wizard with that spell

Well, wizards have drain too, and the difference seems mostly lightning over drain here right? But fairies (and all units with lightning) have always had a good match-up versus wizards. I checked this matchup before and after this change, and in both cases victory depends on the freeze spell of the wizard hitting it seems.
    Your feedback is noted though, and if this seems a general opinion drain and lightning could get their properties modified no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    Well, wizards have drain too, and the difference seems mostly lightning over drain here right? But fairies (and all units with lightning) have always had a good match-up versus wizards. I checked this matchup before and after this change, and in both cases victory depends on the freeze spell of the wizard hitting it seems.
    Your feedback is noted though, and if this seems a general opinion drain and lightning could get their properties modified no problem.

I'm sorry i meant warlocks not wizards.
    I think it was a combination of both spells. I just noticed because i had like 4 lvl 5 fairys rushing to my heart.
    So i dropped like 3 lvl 7 beetles to meatshield the damage, then 5 lvl 9 demonspawns and in the end 5 lvl 9 warlocks (Would have been an easy overkill in my opinion). The beetles didn't even had a chance to touch the ground before they got annihilated. The demonspawns follwed dying without a problem and from the 5 warlocks there was only one who survived because i used the lightning spell when i saw the massacre
    I think it was in the 4th lvl of the new game + standard campaign, where you get gems for the first time.

Thanks for the quick response and the amazing support for the game

Is there an option to support your work or donate something to it? I'm still a poor student but im playing this game from time to time for over 15 years and for quiet some time with your mods.

A yes, on NG+4 I chose the fairies for a reason, they do great against the units you get AND they can cross lava so you cannot just sell the bridge AND they are immune to gas from the traps you can get. The results would have been similar in a previous version, and I hope it thought you to mix in Trolls that would have ended the fight real quick. So, dump out all flies and beetles in the portal.

Demon Spawn as meat shield, Trolls to quickly close the distance with their speed. (Lightning can't be cast at close range) then Warlock meteors do explode the fairies once they are trolls in their face, and the fairies would be gone in seconds with 0 deaths on your side.

And thank you very much for the offer, but this is a free game.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: qqluqq

no donation stuff but if you want to support the work you can always help make the game better by helping test new features, making new maps, some coding if you want or even just generally being an active member of the community

btw most activity moved to the discord so there the response will be even quicker
    Last edited by Necror; March 17th, 2022 at 19:10.

Mapmaker

Default Re: KeeperFX - Alpha 2586

I can’t pick up random units from the idle, working, fighting icons at the top of the creature panel.
    was this an implementation or is it a bug?
    been away from the game for a few months. Missed a lot of updates.
    also I’m getting the corner walls still remaining along corridors and open areas although it’s not happening in rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by shortmicky View Post
    I can’t pick up random units from the idle, working, fighting icons at the top of the creature panel.
    was this an implementation or is it a bug?
    been away from the game for a few months. Missed a lot of updates.
    also I’m getting the corner walls still remaining along corridors and open areas although it’s not happening in rooms.
    That's a bug. Thanks, will look into it.

EDIT: The icons were easy to fix and this will be included in the next alpha, but I don't see what you mean by the corner walls remaining. Could you elaborate, and possibly share a save/screenshot or exact steps to reproduce?
    Last edited by YourMaster; March 24th, 2022 at 00:09.

Mapmaker

Okay. So in the attached save. You'll see the blue Keeper has been defeated by the Heroes
    But if you look at all the corners of the paths they've created, all of them are still walls.

This doesn't seem to happen with every level, though it tends to happen more often than not.
    Could this be an issue with the levels?
    Attached Files Attached Files

That seems to be a save from a custom campaign I do not have. Perhaps post a screenshot instead?

It's not walls next to rooms right? They stay reinforced.

Default KeeperFX - Alpha 2675

New update: Alpha 2675.

What's new:

• Updated final level of the campaign, so that blue acts more like he did in 1997 with his bugs.
      - Instead of breaking out of his own walls by accident, he unlocks his doors
    • Thing limit warning is shown again, but now hopefully only when it is useful
    • Improved scaling of top message, like frameskip and thing limit
    • Possession now shows icons for which spells are affecting you, and what you are carrying
    • Fixed IF_CONTROLS ALL_CREATURES level script command, so you can win with units in prison again
    • Revealing map with console no longer desyncs packets/multiplayer
    • Pickup buttons above creature panel work again
    • Added a button in graphics options menu to switch resolution (does what alt+r does).