Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
Results 71 to 78 of 78

Thread: KeeperFX - Test builds for version 0.4.9

  
  1. #71

    Default Re: KeeperFX - Test builds for version 0.4.9

    It was a bug that on high resolutions the zoom level on the minimap changed, that bug is fixed and now it looks like it did 20 years ago. And how KeeperFX looked a few weeks ago in 640x400 mode.



    EDIT: I loaded your save and it very clearly is the thing limit. You have like half the map as a treasure room filled with gold. All those gold piles are things, at this point it would be hard to even get rid of it since selling the treasure room would leave gold piles on the floor. Don't go so extreme in the future is all I can advice.



    EDIT2:

    Quote Originally Posted by yunior89 View Post
    I found this page long time ago but does not seem to be updated. For example it is missing the shift and ctrl combination for building rooms and drawing in the map. There should be a section for the alpha/beta version as well, in case that link is only for the released version
    At the bottom there's info on what's not 'released' yet: https://github.com/dkfans/keeperfx/w...nds#unreleased
    In any case, I added the missing marking controls.



    EDIT3:
    Quote Originally Posted by yunior89 View Post
    I noticed that with the new update (v2374) there is the problem that i discussed here with the boundbox ( https://keeperklan.com/threads/7262-...6873#post56873 ) also with many other things. For example, the "sight of evil" is almost not seenable (even if zoomed out) Attachment 2125 or some difence like "rebound". Before this option i could just not see them if it was zoomed to the max, but zooming out i would see them. Now i never see them.
    Could you confirm your sight of evil issue does not have to do with your thing limit? On your saved game it indeed does not show up because you're at the limit already, but for me it shows up fine on other maps. What about you?
    Last edited by YourMaster; April 28th, 2021 at 16:13.

  2. #72

    Default Re: KeeperFX - Test builds for version 0.4.9

    Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    It was a bug that on high resolutions the zoom level on the minimap changed, that bug is fixed and now it looks like it did 20 years ago. And how KeeperFX looked a few weeks ago in 640x400 mode.



    EDIT: I loaded your save and it very clearly is the thing limit. You have like half the map as a treasure room filled with gold. All those gold piles are things, at this point it would be hard to even get rid of it since selling the treasure room would leave gold piles on the floor. Don't go so extreme in the future is all I can advice.



    EDIT2:



    At the bottom there's info on what's not 'released' yet: https://github.com/dkfans/keeperfx/w...nds#unreleased
    In any case, I added the missing marking controls.



    EDIT3:


    Could you confirm your sight of evil issue does not have to do with your thing limit? On your saved game it indeed does not show up because you're at the limit already, but for me it shows up fine on other maps. What about you?
    thank you very much for your reply! Yeah i realised too yesterday that deleting treasure room and chicken rooms started to work properly again (i like to have money muahahah). Also the sight of evil worked properly on the same level with less things.
    Thank you for the map explanation and for the link!

    Apologies if i change topic on the same thread but it is a very fast thing: i was reading that it is possible to put 3 traps on the same square like some white-enemy squares have in some maps. I dont remember where i read it: is it right or i dream it?

  3. #73

    Default Re: KeeperFX - Test builds for version 0.4.9

    Quote Originally Posted by yunior89 View Post
    i was reading that it is possible to put 3 traps on the same square like some white-enemy squares have in some maps. I dont remember where i read it: is it right or i dream it?
    In standard gameplay, it's disabled but mapmakers can choose to let you build traps this way. So on some custom maps, you will have the option to build a corridor of doom.

  4. #74

    Default Re: KeeperFX - Test builds for version 0.4.9

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCosmotic View Post
    In standard gameplay, it's disabled but mapmakers can choose to let you build traps this way. So on some custom maps, you will have the option to build a corridor of doom.
    ok yeah ahahah "corridor of doom" and you just put them on the same box? no special command/key?

  5. #75

    Default Re: KeeperFX - Test builds for version 0.4.9

    Quote Originally Posted by yunior89 View Post
    ok yeah ahahah "corridor of doom" and you just put them on the same box? no special command/key?
    Right. If you want to enable this for yourself open your fxdata\rules.cfg and set PlaceTrapsOnSubtiles to 1.

  6. #76

    Default Re: KeeperFX - Test builds for version 0.4.9

    Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    Right. If you want to enable this for yourself open your fxdata\rules.cfg and set PlaceTrapsOnSubtiles to 1.
    wooooow you're powerful!! You know i have another question if you don't mind. The music of the original game is not playing by me. I tried both options "music files instead of CD" activated and deactivated, but the nice music of the old game does not come...is that right like that?

  7. #77

    Default Re: KeeperFX - Test builds for version 0.4.9

    You need to put the music in music subfolder for it to work. Check the readme in that folder.

  8. #78

    Default Re: KeeperFX - Test builds for version 0.4.9

    Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    You need to put the music in music subfolder for it to work. Check the readme in that folder.
    thank you so much!! It sounds fantastic now!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 441
    Last Post: August 3rd, 2020, 01:37
  2. KeeperFX Test Maps
    By mefistotelis in forum KeeperFX
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: December 9th, 2013, 08:44
  3. Nightly builds of KeeperFX
    By jomalin in forum KeeperFX
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: December 8th, 2013, 14:39
  4. KeeperFX and GOG's DOSBox version
    By Shadowblade in forum KeeperFX
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: October 26th, 2013, 17:34
  5. KeeperFX version 0.32
    By dragonfist in forum KeeperFX
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: November 16th, 2009, 00:58

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •